Adblock Detected

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.

Negativity

Edin_Dee

Adblock Detected

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.

I would agree we need a win from one of the two home games or the pendulum starts to swing away from us..

both teams will know exactly how to play us, cement the first few tackles, get the high balls in th box and win the knock downs, play a high line as we have no pace up top...

We will need a performance that we have not produced all season to get a win. 

Its hard not to be negative when you get beat every week.

Edited by BigG

2 hours ago, Edin_Dee said:

Ridiculous the amount of negativity from a few on here and on social media. The fact that some are using a defeat away to Celtic as reason to stick the boot into Macintyre just shows they can’t wait to jump at the chance to claim he’s a failure. Claims that because of today we will definitely be going down are not helpful and just not true.

Face reality that its not Macintyres fault that we don’t have a team good enough to go away to Celtic, Aberdeen and Killie (in current form) and win. Face reality that we can’t appoint a Gordon Strachan or Guardiola level of manager. We have appointed a manager with as good a record as any available to us and the support needs to get fully behind him. Any negativity only helps St Mirren and Hamilton.

We have improved since Macintyre took over. The problem remains that we simply do not have enough quality to bring in when 1 or 2 have been unavailable. We’ve done well in games where we’ve had our best 11 available but really struggled otherwise. In my mind since Livi away it has only been about not being completely cut adrift come January. No reason why we can’t pick up points in the next two games and if we do we will remain in touching distance of Hamilton and St Mirren. Then we can bring in the necessary improvements.

The fans need to continue their support for the team. Hitting the self destruct button after every defeat is not going to help us in any way. All it might do is rub off on the players. 

Nonsense. 2 sh*t managers both with a win each against Hamilton. I see no improvements, 3 heavy losses in a week confirms this.

Another poster giving McIntyre the freedom of Dens thinking we will be making numerous signings in January and soar up the league. Reality of his tactics will sink in around March.

How do you know who we could have attracted to the job?  There would have been plenty managers better than McIntyre who would have applied. However Nelms went for the cheap Mixu option.

1 hour ago, Rivers Cuomo said:

Nonsense. 2 sh*t managers both with a win each against Hamilton. I see no improvements, 3 heavy losses in a week confirms this.

Another poster giving McIntyre the freedom of Dens thinking we will be making numerous signings in January and soar up the league. Reality of his tactics will sink in around March.

How do you know who we could have attracted to the job?  There would have been plenty managers better than McIntyre who would have applied. However Nelms went for the cheap Mixu option.

This is exactly it.

No proper process gone through for any of the mangers appointed under the current regime and it's come home to roost each and every time.

I'm willing to give McIntyre the transfer window before decrying him, purely because he's who we have now and it's not going to change before season's end, but that doesn't get away from the fact that the way he was appointed did no one any favours.

1 hour ago, Rivers Cuomo said:

You genuinely don’t think going on a 4 game unbeaten run, including coming back from 2 down at Easter Road, heavily defeating Hamilton and drawing with Rangers playing with 10 men for 70 minutes is an improvement on what we were getting under McCann? 

Does the fact those 3 losses in a week were against the current 3 form teams in the league not come into consideration? Also the fact that our best back 4 were not available to play all together for any of those games? 

His tactics as far as I can tell is an emphasis on being more direct and playing with width. What we were crying out for under McCann. That to me is going to give us a better chance of picking up points. 

We do need more players in. Their not going to be world beater signings. More likely Martin Woods level signings. Improvements on the Nabi’s and Ngwatalas. Enough to get us to a 10th place finish. That’s all we can expect from this season now. 

What manager do you think we could have got that is head and shoulders above Macintyre in terms of his reputation? I genuinely can’t think of any. Clearly he wasn’t your first choice. He wasn’t mine either but he has proven in the past that he is a decent football manager so deserves to be backed by the fans for the whole of this season. We were definitely going down under McCann. We are in with a fighting chance of staying up under Macintyre. 

• Like 4

If we go down, then we go down, there is nothing that we as fans can do about it regardless.

All we have to do is hope that the board pour enough cash into bringing players into the club to get getting us back into this league without waiting for another 4 years or more.

We spent 8 years in the lower league, and we have been a yo-yo club for the last 40 years anyway, so if it happens it happens and we deal with it in the meantime. No point in getting all bent out of shape about it all.

Let's be honest, if we go down it is nothing more than we deserve due to the results over the season. Hopefully our manager can save our season by strengthening across the field in Jan.

13 minutes ago, Barkblue said:

This is exactly it.

No proper process gone through for any of the mangers appointed under the current regime and it's come home to roost each and every time.

I'm willing to give McIntyre the transfer window before decrying him, purely because he's who we have now and it's not going to change before season's end, but that doesn't get away from the fact that the way he was appointed did no one any favours.

The process of his appointment was a joke and really unproffesionally handled by the Board. However, if they took 2 weeks to properly advertise, conduct interviews and do due diligence I don’t think anyone would be that surprised that Macintyre was deemed best person for the job (if you exclude the Dodds aspect of it). 

Hartley was the obvious choice when we appointed him and overall he has to be deemed a success. 

McCann was a bizarre appointment and really no surprise that it failed. At least Macintyre is a football manager

Adblock Detected