Reporting Content. Read more... ×
The Dark Blues
Edin_Dee

Negativity

Rate this topic

Well said Edin_Dee. Yes we get out of this mess. It isn’t going to be easy but I truly believe that we can. Whatever always and forever I’m a ‘Dee till I die. 

Agreed.

But we still need to get at least 4 points from the next 2 games. (unless St Midden & Hamilton get feck all).

Edited by Dondeh

I would agree we need a win from one of the two home games or the pendulum starts to swing away from us..

both teams will know exactly how to play us, cement the first few tackles, get the high balls in th box and win the knock downs, play a high line as we have no pace up top...

We will need a performance that we have not produced all season to get a win. 

Its hard not to be negative when you get beat every week.

Edited by BigG

2 hours ago, Edin_Dee said:

Ridiculous the amount of negativity from a few on here and on social media. The fact that some are using a defeat away to Celtic as reason to stick the boot into Macintyre just shows they can’t wait to jump at the chance to claim he’s a failure. Claims that because of today we will definitely be going down are not helpful and just not true.

Face reality that its not Macintyres fault that we don’t have a team good enough to go away to Celtic, Aberdeen and Killie (in current form) and win. Face reality that we can’t appoint a Gordon Strachan or Guardiola level of manager. We have appointed a manager with as good a record as any available to us and the support needs to get fully behind him. Any negativity only helps St Mirren and Hamilton.

We have improved since Macintyre took over. The problem remains that we simply do not have enough quality to bring in when 1 or 2 have been unavailable. We’ve done well in games where we’ve had our best 11 available but really struggled otherwise. In my mind since Livi away it has only been about not being completely cut adrift come January. No reason why we can’t pick up points in the next two games and if we do we will remain in touching distance of Hamilton and St Mirren. Then we can bring in the necessary improvements.

The fans need to continue their support for the team. Hitting the self destruct button after every defeat is not going to help us in any way. All it might do is rub off on the players. 

Nonsense. 2 sh*t managers both with a win each against Hamilton. I see no improvements, 3 heavy losses in a week confirms this.

Another poster giving McIntyre the freedom of Dens thinking we will be making numerous signings in January and soar up the league. Reality of his tactics will sink in around March.

How do you know who we could have attracted to the job?  There would have been plenty managers better than McIntyre who would have applied. However Nelms went for the cheap Mixu option.

We will make numerous signings

Whether we soar up to 10th is down to those new players and the 12/13 he trusts.

1 hour ago, Rivers Cuomo said:

Nonsense. 2 sh*t managers both with a win each against Hamilton. I see no improvements, 3 heavy losses in a week confirms this.

Another poster giving McIntyre the freedom of Dens thinking we will be making numerous signings in January and soar up the league. Reality of his tactics will sink in around March.

How do you know who we could have attracted to the job?  There would have been plenty managers better than McIntyre who would have applied. However Nelms went for the cheap Mixu option.

This is exactly it.

No proper process gone through for any of the mangers appointed under the current regime and it's come home to roost each and every time.

I'm willing to give McIntyre the transfer window before decrying him, purely because he's who we have now and it's not going to change before season's end, but that doesn't get away from the fact that the way he was appointed did no one any favours.

1 hour ago, Rivers Cuomo said:

You genuinely don’t think going on a 4 game unbeaten run, including coming back from 2 down at Easter Road, heavily defeating Hamilton and drawing with Rangers playing with 10 men for 70 minutes is an improvement on what we were getting under McCann? 

Does the fact those 3 losses in a week were against the current 3 form teams in the league not come into consideration? Also the fact that our best back 4 were not available to play all together for any of those games? 

His tactics as far as I can tell is an emphasis on being more direct and playing with width. What we were crying out for under McCann. That to me is going to give us a better chance of picking up points. 

We do need more players in. Their not going to be world beater signings. More likely Martin Woods level signings. Improvements on the Nabi’s and Ngwatalas. Enough to get us to a 10th place finish. That’s all we can expect from this season now. 

What manager do you think we could have got that is head and shoulders above Macintyre in terms of his reputation? I genuinely can’t think of any. Clearly he wasn’t your first choice. He wasn’t mine either but he has proven in the past that he is a decent football manager so deserves to be backed by the fans for the whole of this season. We were definitely going down under McCann. We are in with a fighting chance of staying up under Macintyre. 

• Like 5

If we go down, then we go down, there is nothing that we as fans can do about it regardless.

All we have to do is hope that the board pour enough cash into bringing players into the club to get getting us back into this league without waiting for another 4 years or more.

We spent 8 years in the lower league, and we have been a yo-yo club for the last 40 years anyway, so if it happens it happens and we deal with it in the meantime. No point in getting all bent out of shape about it all.

Let's be honest, if we go down it is nothing more than we deserve due to the results over the season. Hopefully our manager can save our season by strengthening across the field in Jan.

13 minutes ago, Barkblue said:

This is exactly it.

No proper process gone through for any of the mangers appointed under the current regime and it's come home to roost each and every time.

I'm willing to give McIntyre the transfer window before decrying him, purely because he's who we have now and it's not going to change before season's end, but that doesn't get away from the fact that the way he was appointed did no one any favours.

The process of his appointment was a joke and really unproffesionally handled by the Board. However, if they took 2 weeks to properly advertise, conduct interviews and do due diligence I don’t think anyone would be that surprised that Macintyre was deemed best person for the job (if you exclude the Dodds aspect of it). 

Hartley was the obvious choice when we appointed him and overall he has to be deemed a success. 

McCann was a bizarre appointment and really no surprise that it failed. At least Macintyre is a football manager

4 hours ago, Edin_Dee said:

Ridiculous the amount of negativity from a few on here and on social media. The fact that some are using a defeat away to Celtic as reason to stick the boot into Macintyre just shows they can’t wait to jump at the chance to claim he’s a failure. Claims that because of today we will definitely be going down are not helpful and just not true.

Face reality that its not Macintyres fault that we don’t have a team good enough to go away to Celtic, Aberdeen and Killie (in current form) and win. Face reality that we can’t appoint a Gordon Strachan or Guardiola level of manager. We have appointed a manager with as good a record as any available to us and the support needs to get fully behind him. Any negativity only helps St Mirren and Hamilton.

We have improved since Macintyre took over. The problem remains that we simply do not have enough quality to bring in when 1 or 2 have been unavailable. We’ve done well in games where we’ve had our best 11 available but really struggled otherwise. In my mind since Livi away it has only been about not being completely cut adrift come January. No reason why we can’t pick up points in the next two games and if we do we will remain in touching distance of Hamilton and St Mirren. Then we can bring in the necessary improvements.

The fans need to continue their support for the team. Hitting the self destruct button after every defeat is not going to help us in any way. All it might do is rub off on the players. 

theres no magical solution, to me the blame still lies at nm’s door but i think we’re doomed. I cant think of any magical signings we can make in january to save us

2 hours ago, Rivers Cuomo said:

I see no improvements

Can you not count? Twice as many points as NM, more goals and less defeats. 

Ive no problem with posters not thinking he is the answer or that he will not succeed but I do with total an utter factual nonsense. 

And since I’m in for a penny...., why do you have to over egg anyone supporting him with nonsense about the “freedom of Dens”? 

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, Mondee93 said:

theres no magical solution, to me the blame still lies at nm’s door but i think we’re doomed. I cant think of any magical signings we can make in january to save us

As it stands, I think our best starting 11 is better than Hamilton’s and St Mirren’s. We’ve been the better side everytime we’ve played them. That gives me some confidence that we are capable of finishing 10th.

I highly doubt we will be able to sign players in January who will suddenly turn us into a top 6 quality side. We should though be able to sign players that are good enough to improve our current squad. 

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, Edin_Dee said:

The process of his appointment was a joke and really unproffesionally handled by the Board. However, if they took 2 weeks to properly advertise, conduct interviews and do due diligence I don’t think anyone would be that surprised that Macintyre was deemed best person for the job (if you exclude the Dodds aspect of it). 

Hartley was the obvious choice when we appointed him and overall he has to be deemed a success. 

McCann was a bizarre appointment and really no surprise that it failed. At least Macintyre is a football manager

I think that's all fair comment Edin. The only thing I'd say is that we'll never know if McIntyre was the prime appointment at the time because we didn't seem to really explore many options.

All speculation now of course but it's impossible to say if McIntyre would have been the fans' choice when he was the only option we got.

This idea that managers aren't responsible for defeats if he didn't sign the players wouldn't work on the Continent where head coaches are often not the guys who sign the players.

McIntyre signed 50+ players at County and at no point were they able to stop leaking goals at an alarming rate. We're conceding an average 2.6 goals under JM. Our board will of course not be surprised by that because I'm sure they did their homework on the guy before offering him the job.

We are scoring goals so there is hope. A couple of good additions and I think we'll stay up.

The past week has done little to put me off JM. Poor guy's hands have been tied. 

We did ok at Killie, the roof fell in at Aberdeen when we lost a key defender and Celtic are..... Celtic. 3-0 is better than anyone on here hoped for. Still don't know why he didn't play 11 men in his own half though and f**k any pretence of attacking. 

I'm expecting 4 points from the next 2, draw with Livi and a GIRUY to Tommy. 

Doomed? Slight exaggeration. But as someone said above if we go down so be it. It will be a huge blow but we can bounce back. 

18 hours ago, Barkblue said:

I think that's all fair comment Edin. The only thing I'd say is that we'll never know if McIntyre was the prime appointment at the time because we didn't seem to really explore many options.

All speculation now of course but it's impossible to say if McIntyre would have been the fans' choice when he was the only option we got.

Not trying to defend Nelms but to  be fair did he not say he kept a list of possible manager. (I assume he'd be sussing them out).

8 hours ago, Valentke said:

Can you not count? Twice as many points as NM, more goals and less defeats. 

Ive no problem with posters not thinking he is the answer or that he will not succeed but I do with total an utter factual nonsense. 

And since I’m in for a penny...., why do you have to over egg anyone supporting him with nonsense about the “freedom of Dens”? 

Unfortunately, the improvement of points, the increase in goals and the reduced number of defeats gets in the way of the nessesary persecuting of our manager who doesn’t deserve our support, so it’s easier that these positive facts are just simply ignored. It’s much more effective for us to focus on the negative aspects of McIntyres appointment so far. Did you know that the managers post was not advertised? Did you know that despite all the improvements you mentioned so far that the gap between us and Celtic has increased since JM took over? When at Ross County JM’s defence was his weak point do it’s obvious that our defence will be a shambles - what was Nelms thinking? These blatant oversights are clear justification that the ‘Freedom of Dens’ tagline for anyone who has the temerity to support the manager and club in a time of crisis isn’t sensationalist trolling, it is a positive reinforcement to rally against the manager and club so that when we get relegated we can stand proud with shoulders back and chest puffed out and say ‘I told you so’. 

• Like 5

16 hours ago, TheDarkBlues said:

If we go down, then we go down, there is nothing that we as fans can do about it regardless.

All we have to do is hope that the board pour enough cash into bringing players into the club to get getting us back into this league without waiting for another 4 years or more.

We spent 8 years in the lower league, and we have been a yo-yo club for the last 40 years anyway, so if it happens it happens and we deal with it in the meantime. No point in getting all bent out of shape about it all.

Let's be honest, if we go down it is nothing more than we deserve due to the results over the season. Hopefully our manager can save our season by strengthening across the field in Jan.

Yup, I want to be in the top league because we 'should' be seeing better football. If we are great, if we're not, we'll it will still be great, I'll still go and watch my team. On the up side, we'd have a lot more games on a saturday at 3 o'clock. ;) As you say though John, I have zero influence on how the team does, I'll be gutted if we go down but it won't change how I feel about the club and I'll not be thrashing the keyboard blinded by tears and snotters about it, I'm just not that much of an attention seeker.

• Like 1

We didn't have the 'luxury' of say a Man Utd situation, where they can appoint an interim Manager whilst conducting a thorough search for weeks and months for a permanent Boss. 

Because they

(1) Are in no danger of relegation and

(2) have a very good squad of players

We on the other hand ARE (1) and (2) Do NOT

Edited by Dondeh

5 minutes ago, Dondeh said:

We didn't have the 'luxury' of say a Man Utd situation, where they can appoint an interim Manager whilst conducting a thorough search for weeks and months for a permanent Boss. 

Because they

Don't be silly @Dondeh

We are awash with cash and it's bad management by the current manager, who has incidentally been awarded the freedom of Dens, that has us in our current situation. Everyone (well a couple of posters at least) knows this.

• Funny 4

Problem is if we go down it would have massive consequences on and off the park, youth set up etc...

Have to stay up 

19 minutes ago, Dondeh said:

Because they

You don't think the club could have held off and appointed the best candidate due to needing someone in straight away who then proceeded to lose the resultant matches anyway?

• Star Post 1