The Dark Blues
Faddbfe3c05a09687079ac8058282bc6

Reality Thread

Rate this topic

Excuse after excuse. We’ve just had 3 tough games, 2 tough games coming up, McCanns players, McCanns fault, Nelms culpable, McIntyre blameless, performances have improved.

Reality is Dundee have only beaten 1 team in the league this season before Christmas.

6 points needed in the next 2 easy home fixtures or McIntyre should be punted. Signing ex Ross County players in Jan won’t cut it with McIntyres limitations.

25 minutes ago, Rivers Cuomo said:

6 points needed in the next 2 easy home fixtures or McIntyre should be punted. Signing ex Ross County players in Jan won’t cut it with McIntyres limitations.

Wish I had your psychic powers.

However, more than happy to revisit early February.

Edited by Dondeh

24 minutes ago, Rivers Cuomo said:

6 points needed in the next 2 easy home fixtures 

9 points Dundee playing against 29 points Livingston and 28 points St Johnstone.

Two stick-on home wins.

Edited by Dondeh

24 minutes ago, Rivers Cuomo said:

Excuse after excuse. We’ve just had 3 tough games, 2 tough games coming up, McCanns players, McCanns fault, Nelms culpable, McIntyre blameless, performances have improved.

Reality is Dundee have only beaten 1 team in the league this season before Christmas.

Wow 😮

Who do you reckon would have done a better job with this group of players rather than McIntyre? 

Edited by J_Kitamirike

12 points from the next 2 games is the MINIMUM we should demand from JM or its P45 time!!

• Funny 3

40 minutes ago, J_Kitamirike said:

Wow 😮

Who do you reckon would have done a better job with this group of players rather than McIntyre? 

Mixu.

4 minutes ago, Rivers Cuomo said:

Mixu.

Quality 😂

3 minutes ago, Mr Sensible said:

Easy games? A club that just beat Hearts 5 zip and the other who won about 6 on the spin....

Yup. See post #3

1 hour ago, Rivers Cuomo said:

So McCann and Nelms didn't sign these players? They didn't allow a whole host of experienced players to leave the club? 

And neither is the fact that we've only beaten Hamilton prior to Christmas anything to do with McCann, because he only managed us in half of the games this season, so doubtless McIntyre was to blame for those defeats as well?

Had McCann been left in charge, 6 points in the next two games were an absolute stick on, obviously. I'd reckon you must be alone in thinking that.

You and I have agreed a lot about McIntyre's appointment. he wouldn't have been my choice. He doesn't inspire me and I don't think his appointment was handled correctly AT ALL. But I don't understand the point of this blinkers on stuff.

When was the last time we went 4 games undefeated? McIntyre has achieved that already.

We scored 3 league goals this season under McCann and 10 since McIntyre's arrival. You  clearly dislike and don't rate the guy, but suggesting he MUST get 6 points from two games against teams who have outperformed us from day one this season is pretty ridiculous to be honest. The previous manager couldn't even string 2 home wins together in the league in his entire time at the club but you think the current incumbent needs 3 wins and 2 draws from 5 home games to save his job?

I don't expect you to change your mind mate and neither should you. You post from the heart, that's for sure.

What is going on here? This version of reality seems to rely on something going on at the club that I don't understand. It is very helpful to have a counterweight to stop us losing sight of reality but my feeling is Rivers has overstated the case. That's a pity because we do need a range of views. For me losing Kamara seems much more likely and a cause for concern. 

37 minutes ago, Dondeh said:

Quality 😂

Ask a stupid question.......

4 hours ago, Rivers Cuomo said:

Livi away hours after getting the job, top of the league Hearts, Celtic, top of the league Killie away, Aberdeen away and Celtic again. Those are the games Macintyre has lost. How many of those did you honestly think this squad of players were capable of picking up points in and which manager is it you think would have done a better job? 

If we do win the next 2 games, will you then give Macintyre breathing space to get on with the job? Or will the game after that then just become a must win otherwise you’ll call for him to be sacked again? 

• Like 1

He's done better than I expected so I don't think this is a conversation we need to have.

He's here until the end of the season. That's the reality.

Was intrigued when I saw a thread titled 'reality thread'.

Then I doubled up laughing when I saw who started it. Seriously folks this guy's at it, just don't react to him.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Prince Buster said:

Was intrigued when I saw a thread titled 'reality thread'.

Then I doubled up laughing when I saw who started it. Seriously folks this guy's at it, just don't react to him.

That's my take as well. 

25 minutes ago, CW 90+3 02/05/16 said:

Reality -

We're the worst team in the league and have been all season (not by a mile but by a fraction behind St Mirren. The table never lies)

McCann assembled this team.

We were awful beyond belief under McCann hence we lost every time we turned up against anyone not called Hamilton this season

We're still pretty awful under McIntyre with McCann's team but not as awful as draws against Rangers, Hibs & St Mirren have shown (all improvements on McCann's results against the same 3 clubs)

There's been signs of improvement under McIntrye (settled XI until Saturday. 4 games unbeaten run. Come backs. More organised and better to watch etc)

We will be beaten by Aberdeen, Killie (this season) and Celtic under McCann/McIntyre/Pep/Zidane/Shankly etc as we are fkn miles off them in terms of quality/players/points on board etc.

Fully behind JM in this extremely difficult task he's taken on in turning round a shambles with only one difficult transfer window to do so in.

If we go down, he'll have played a part but it will not be his fault. Anyone would be struggling to turn round the results we were getting under McCann with the squad he left us after 3 transfer windows.

Absolute head scratcher seeing boys criticising a manager who has improved us slightly and is playing with several players who in the squad who aren't up to standard who he didn't sign.

There's your reality.

Merry Christmas. 

More excuses mate ....

😜

1 hour ago, CW 90+3 02/05/16 said:

Reality -

We're the worst team in the league and have been all season (not by a mile but by a fraction behind St Mirren. The table never lies)

McCann assembled this team.

We were awful beyond belief under McCann hence we lost every time we turned up against anyone not called Hamilton this season

We're still pretty awful under McIntyre with McCann's team but not as awful as draws against Rangers, Hibs & St Mirren have shown (all improvements on McCann's results against the same 3 clubs)

There's been signs of improvement under McIntrye (settled XI until Saturday. 4 games unbeaten run. Come backs. More organised and better to watch etc)

We will be beaten by Aberdeen, Killie (this season) and Celtic under McCann/McIntyre/Pep/Zidane/Shankly etc as we are fkn miles off them in terms of quality/players/points on board etc.

Fully behind JM in this extremely difficult task he's taken on in turning round a shambles with only one difficult transfer window to do so in.

If we go down, he'll have played a part but it will not be his fault. Anyone would be struggling to turn round the results we were getting under McCann with the squad he left us after 3 transfer windows.

Absolute head scratcher seeing boys criticising a manager who has improved us slightly and is playing with several players who in the squad who aren't up to standard who he didn't sign.

There's your reality.

Merry Christmas. 

Ya filthy animals

In my opinion JM can only work with the players he has until the January transfer window opens. 

Neil McCann should hang his head in shame at the number of players he let leave Dens with no equivalent replacements. In McCann’s time as manager we have gone backwards and John Nelms should have sacked him immediately after the 3-0 defeat by Ayr United in the League Cup.

I was at that game and we were hopeless. If the game had lasted another ten minutes we could have been beaten 5 or 6 nil as Ayr United were scoring at will.

It is time for John Nelms who is Chief Executive of Dundee Football Club to state publically that FPS are giving the manager substantial funds for this transfer window to try to sort out the mess left behind by the previous manager and hopefully avoid relegation at the end of this season. 

22 minutes ago, Islaydarkblue said:

In my opinion JM can only work with the players he has until the January transfer window opens. 

Neil McCann should hang his head in shame at the number of players he let leave Dens with no equivalent replacements. In McCann’s time as manager we have gone backwards and John Nelms should have sacked him immediately after the 3-0 defeat by Ayr United in the League Cup.

I was at that game and we were hopeless. If the game had lasted another ten minutes we could have been beaten 5 or 6 nil as Ayr United were scoring at will.

It is time for John Nelms who is Chief Executive of Dundee Football Club to state publically that FPS are giving the manager substantial funds for this transfer window to try to sort out the mess left behind by the previous manager and hopefully avoid relegation at the end of this season. 

What will happen to wage demands and any transfer fees if the club announces it's making substantial funds available? That's why the board should definitely not publicly announce any such thing.

• Like 1
  • Star Post 1

Even with a large pile of money it can be slim pickings in January even for clubs like Celtic and Rangers . McIntyre needs to work on what he has - if he’s a good coach , he will improve individuals . 

24 minutes ago, Prince Buster said:

What will happen to wage demands and any transfer fees if the club announces it's making substantial funds available? That's why the board should definitely not publicly announce any such thing.

All Nelms has to say is that the board of directors have made funds available for Jim McIntyre to use during the forthcoming January transfer window