The Dark Blues
TheDarkBlues

Match Aftermath: Dundee 0 - 0 Livingston

Rate this topic

1 hour ago, Dondeh said:

The guys on Sportsound are saying (in their opinion), JM needs 6 players to sort the team out.

6 minimum they said. There's a reason why they're on the radio though. You know what happens when pundits and commentators get to implement their ideas on the training field.

• Wowzer 1
  • Funny 3
  • Like 1

Just now, Islaydarkblue said:

In my opinion we only have Kallman who is a young player as a backup to Kenny Miller. Who else is likely to score goals. It was also a problem last season but by good fortune we managed to stay up at the end of last season. 

I would give Matt Henvey a game in the first team against QOS. Nothing ventured nothing gained. 

The Moose is not a goal scorer and has never been. I have watched him since he came to the club and wanted him to do well (as I do for any player wearing the shirt) but I am still not sure what he is.

1 minute ago, Mr Sensible said:

Thought he was ok today....

2nd time he kicked it out today was more defenders passing on responsibillity 

I agree that he was ok, has been okay since he came back in but just think it's such a crucial position and that we may be able to do better? 

1 hour ago, Cobra said:

Really impressed with the team's commitment and concentration. We probably should have won the game. That Curran shot for me was the big moment. It just needed to be on target to be a goal as the keeper was nowhere. Unfortunately he pulled it wide.

His first touch was poor and took him inside on to his weaker foot.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Scooter99 said:

The Moose is not a goal scorer and has never been. I have watched him since he came to the club and wanted him to do well (as I do for any player wearing the shirt) but I am still not sure what he is.

Neil McCann seemed to think he was as NM was singing his praises in August 2017 shortly after he signed Moussa. 

5 minutes ago, Scooter99 said:

He probably would do a decent job for us if he wasn't signed to score a sh*t load of goals....he's quite strong can hold the ball up ...but is honking at the job he was employed to do...ie score lots of goals.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Rivers Cuomo said:

Absolutely shocking performance. Kamara clearly not fit, McGowan exposed because of this and we gave away the midfield by playing 4-4-2. 

To think some people in this thread wanted Kallman up top before Miller. 

Totally dominated in both halves, Livis tactics, which are nothing new, caused havoc. Almost pished myself when Boyle got MoM, boy got roasted today.

Thankfully they went down to 10 men due to ODea playacting otherwise we were losing that game.

If you hadn't gave the game away before then you definitely have now. Total p*ss take of a post and a poor fishing attempt.🙄

• Like 5
  • Star Post 2

14 minutes ago, Reverend Lovejoy said:

6 minimum they said. There's a reason why they're on the radio though. You know what happens when pundits and commentators get to implement their ideas on the training field.

Dodds probably told them

14 minutes ago, Valentke said:

I agree that he was ok, has been okay since he came back in but just think it's such a crucial position and that we may be able to do better? 

Yes i agree....just cant see board agreeing to 3 keepers all on pretty decent money

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, Islaydarkblue said:

A lot of our supporters are pinning their hopes on a good cup run this season. 

I'm pretty sure the vast majority of our supporters will be pinning their hopes on a good league run. A cup run isn't a priority this season given the current circumstances.

1 hour ago, Dondeh said:

What's up with Woods?. O'Dea needing to rest his injury and Kusunga with a (long term?), hamstring problem. 3 of JM's first choice picks.

Not good. January cannot come quick enough.

Woods injured in warm up. Kamara a late replacement so yes maybe Kamar wa on bench due to fitNess. 

38 minutes ago, Mr Sensible said:

Six players needed

The Sportsound team agree with you.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Billy Campbell's Ghost said:

Woods injured in warm up.

No. JM saying post match they 'think' Woods has a virus.

24 minutes ago, Reverend Lovejoy said:

If you hadn't gave the game away before then you definitely have now. Total p*ss take of a post and a poor fishing attempt.🙄

I can assure you I don’t have a game and  you may think it’s a pisstake but it’s my opinion and unlike people praying McIntyre is the answer I can assure you no matter who he signs his limitations will come through.

2 hours ago, Rivers Cuomo said:

Absolutely shocking performance. Kamara clearly not fit, McGowan exposed because of this and we gave away the midfield by playing 4-4-2. 

To think some people in this thread wanted Kallman up top before Miller. 

Totally dominated in both halves, Livis tactics, which are nothing new, caused havoc. Almost pished myself when Boyle got MoM, boy got roasted today.

Thankfully they went down to 10 men due to ODea playacting otherwise we were losing that game.

After today the only conclusion you can come to is things don't look promising and I don't expect January to change anything. Our stats last Saturday against Celtic tells it all. Bain did not dirty his shorts and came off at the end with not a hair out of place.

• Confused 1

Don't know what people expect being honest,think they are blinded by the name Livingston. This is the team that gave hearts 5,could have beaten hibs. Beat rangers and drew with Celtic. But we expected to win after 3 humpings? 

• Like 5
  • Star Post 1

2 hours ago, Dondeh said:

The guys on Sportsound are saying (in their opinion), JM needs 6 players to sort the team out.

While I admit we are poor, I really hope JM goes for quality, rather than quantity. 

I know Jan transfer not easy to get quality, but I'd much rather we got 2 really good players in, rather than 6 average ones. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, FanDee said:

Don't know what people expect being honest,think they are blinded by the name Livingston. This is the team that gave hearts 5,could have beaten hibs. Beat rangers and drew with Celtic. But we expected to win after 3 humpings? 

Livingston are just as bad as us...don't let their home record kid you on 23 points at home 7 away without that disgrace of a plastic pitch they'd be down right in the relegation fight....having said that any game we don't lose is a bonus in my eyes.

12 hours ago, Rivers Cuomo said:

Really? 

That was as bad as anything served up in the McCann era.

I'm beginning to think your a DAB.

5 minutes ago, Ando1893 said:

While I admit we are poor, I really hope JM goes for quality, rather than quantity. 

I know Jan transfer not easy to get quality, but I'd much rather we got 2 really good players in, rather than 6 average ones. 

I honestly think that 6 journeymen would improve this squad. We need reliable options when our first pick starting 11 are injured or having an off day. Right now we're relying on certain players too much and we don't have replacements. 2 quality signing's won't solve our problems imo.

15 minutes ago, Ando1893 said:

What I took from the discussion was that 6 'quality' players are required. 

ie

6 players in key positions that are better than the ones there right now.

Certainly NOT any old 6 players to make up numbers, for sure.

Edited by Dondeh

4 minutes ago, Travellingdee said:

I'm beginning to think your a DAB.

I would edit that mate it could lead to a ban.

2 minutes ago, Rivers Cuomo said:

I would edit that mate it could lead to a ban.

I wasn't there today - and I won't be on Saturday but what I will say is.. from what I have seen since he arrived, we run about a bit more but the standard of football is every bit as bad as it was before. I'd actually say it was worse, nobody looks even remotely comfortable on the ball now. It's all about being direct and getting it as far away from our own goal as often as possible.

• Love 1

2 minutes ago, WeighorstsWang said:

. It's all about being direct and getting it as far away from our own goal as often as possible.

Good... McCann had our defenders trying to play like baresi on the edge of our box...imo a defender is never a football player and his job is just to get the ball as far away from our goal as possible....pretty to watch....no..... effective..yes

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Charliedee said:

imo a defender is never a football player

And this is exactly why Scottish football is where it is.