The Dark Blues
TheDarkBlues

Match Aftermath: Dundee 0 - 0 Livingston

Rate this topic

13 hours ago, WeighorstsWang said:

I wasn't there today - and I won't be on Saturday but what I will say is.. from what I have seen since he arrived, we run about a bit more but the standard of football is every bit as bad as it was before. I'd actually say it was worse, nobody looks even remotely comfortable on the ball now. 

I'm sorry but that is a nonsense post.

We lost every time we turned up this season bar once under McCann.

We're 4 unbeaten at Dens and counting under McIntyre.

To say the standard of football is worse now is simply untrue.

Much more effective outfit now than we were under McCann.

McIntyre is a much much much better manager than McCann.

Imagine what he might be able to do with his own players instead of some of these 5 a side player frauds we have in our squad.

• Like 5
  • Star Post 1

1 minute ago, CW 90+3 02/05/16 said:

Imagine what he might be able to do with his own players instead of some of these 5 a side player frauds we have in our squad.

Totally agree CW, far better under McIntyre than McCann. More organised, fitter and having a go at teams. 4 unbeaten at home, something McCann couldn't manage.  Long may it continue! 

50 minutes ago, Mr Sensible said:

Were you at the 1-4 County game?

17 minutes ago, J_Kitamirike said:

He’s on the wind up mate.

Can’t give you a straight answer etc. I wouldn’t waste my time.

Totally agree with JK. The guy's got previous for this and is best ignored.

10 minutes ago, Mainstand said:

-Anyone else think Curran needs to stop running towards the ball-sometimes be is receiving the ball about 6 yards from kerr.He,s constantly got his back to the goal,making it easy for the defender.No wanting the be too hard on the laddie,but surely he,s got to mix it up.Also was quite happy to see nabi coming on yesterday,but my heart sank a bit when he came on as a wide player for Miller.Surely this guy is a playmaker and should be played in the hole as a number 10.

Anyway, that was my view from yesterday.Oh yeah.one more thing- get our wide players practising their crosses into the box.With better balls in,we might have won that match

I agree in general. He mixed up a bit more in the first half but I think Livie worked harder to stop that happening in the second half. 

When he is driving forward I'd like to see him either get as wide as possible and cross or drive into the box and have a go himself. He frequently goes narrow then tries to cross which reduces the space the forwards can make runs into.

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, Mainstand said:

-Anyone else think Curran needs to stop running towards the ball-sometimes be is receiving the ball about 6 yards from kerr.He,s constantly got his back to the goal,making it easy for the defender.No wanting the be too hard on the laddie,but surely he,s got to mix it up.Also was quite happy to see nabi coming on yesterday,but my heart sank a bit when he came on as a wide player for Miller.Surely this guy is a playmaker and should be played in the hole as a number 10.

Anyway, that was my view from yesterday.Oh yeah.one more thing- get our wide players practising their crosses into the box.With better balls in,we might have won that match

Exactly what I have been saying every time plays there, he is like what vince  mennie was, always coming back for the ball instead of running ahead to get onto to a forward pass, with his speed as well he could to a lot of damage, but maybe been told to pay that way, 

10 minutes ago, CW 90+3 02/05/16 said:

There is no 'standard'. It's kick and rush stuff. Some people applaud that, I don't.

11 minutes ago, CW 90+3 02/05/16 said:

Hamilton aside (who every manager seems to pummel at least once) we couldn't beat a terrible St Mirren side, got a point against Rangers when we should have had 0 and I wasn't there yesterday. 

11 minutes ago, CW 90+3 02/05/16 said:

Imagine what he might be able to do with his own players

Absolutely. He's getting points on the board and that's all that matters, it's not enjoyable to watch but it's certainly effective.

Proof will be in the pudding, not long to wait now. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Rivers Cuomo said:

Derry, Main Stand Bobby Cox, doesn’t matter where I or you sit, you get a season ticket on tic it’s costs you £410. The Americans are for the fans apparently.

I think they’re trying to balance the books, mate. But agree that football is too expensive in general. Without the Americans I’d hate to think where we’d be now.

18 minutes ago, CW 90+3 02/05/16 said:

Of those 4 unbeaten:-

2 are clean sheets and 1 with 10 men for most of the game against Rangers.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, WeighorstsWang said:

There is no 'standard'. It's kick and rush stuff. Some people applaud that, I don't.

We've been much more direct but I think you've got to be in our league, particularly when scrapping it out at the bottom.

McCanns slow build up, pass it out from the back and try to play everything through the middle with no width didn't work for us.

McIntyres get the ball forward quickly, get it wide and get crosses in is working. With a better delivery yesterday, we're winning that. Kenny was desperately pointing for the ball to be played in front of him from the wide areas but Curran or Calvin couldn't find the right delivery.

Not saying McIntyres some genius but he knows what's required at this level and plays us to our strengths in a way which is delivering points (frustratingly only one win so far).

McCann struggled away trying to learn his trade whilst sticking to a philosophy that clearly didn't work. He got away with it last season. This summer and season he fkd it and we've paid for it big time.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Mr Sensible said:

Were you at the 1-4 County game?

Yes, a day as bad as yesterday where Spence cemented my belief that he was sh*t. Before he came on we were holding on grimly bit like yesterday.

Thank God McIntyre didn’t bring him on yesterday or it could have been worse......

Edited by Guest

1 hour ago, J_Kitamirike said:

He’s on the wind up mate.

Can’t give you a straight answer etc. I wouldn’t waste my time.

I’m usually one of the most negative guys on this forum and even I can see that there has been improvements made under McIntyre.

The man is still having to work with McCann’s pathetic squad which is lower championship at best minus a few players.  Our bench yesterday tells it’s own story! 

If McIntyre fails to keep us up after bringing in a load of new players then fair enough but until then, give the man a chance eh.

Having a view or opinion different to yours or anybody else doesn’t mean youre at the wind up. I’ve been grilled by some on here and given honest answers every time.

Edited by Guest

46 minutes ago, Rivers Cuomo said:

Yes, a day as bad as yesterday where Spence cemented my belief that he was sh*t. Before he came on we were holding on grimly bit like yesterday.

Thank God McIntyre didn’t bring him on yesterday or it could have been worse......

So losing 4 goals is as bad as keeping a clean sheet aye ok 😂😂

"holding on grimly" must have been the only person at dens yesterday that seen it like that 😂😂

54 minutes ago, Rivers Cuomo said:

Having a view or opinion different to yours or anybody else doesn’t mean youre at the wind up. I’ve been grilled by some on here and given honest answers every time.

I disagree with a lot of your posts RC but agree that you are entitled to an opinion like everyone else on the forum and that opinion right or wrong should be respected 👍

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Bp33 said:

I think they’re trying to balance the books, mate. But agree that football is too expensive in general. Without the Americans I’d hate to think where we’d be now.

We should be doing better than Livingston and St Johnstone. It's just bad management.

1 hour ago, CW 90+3 02/05/16 said:

We've been much more direct but I think you've got to be in our league, particularly when scrapping it out at the bottom.

McCanns slow build up, pass it out from the back and try to play everything through the middle with no width didn't work for us.

McIntyres get the ball forward quickly, get it wide and get crosses in is working. With a better delivery yesterday, we're winning that. Kenny was desperately pointing for the ball to be played in front of him from the wide areas but Curran or Calvin couldn't find the right delivery.

Not saying McIntyres some genius but he knows what's required at this level and plays us to our strengths in a way which is delivering points (frustratingly only one win so far).

McCann struggled away trying to learn his trade whilst sticking to a philosophy that clearly didn't work. He got away with it last season. This summer and season he fkd it and we've paid for it big time.

Yes it's not rocket science. Play the ball quickly and forward. Get it out to the wings and play with intensity. You can still play good football and be skilfull at the same time. Press the opposing team high up the park.

11 hours ago, Frank Grimes said:

Worth adding - O'Deas antics at the red card were disgraceful. Boy should be embarrassed.

Decentish point. Thought we were clueless going forward in the second Half but livi are an annoyingly strong team. Just need to stay in touch by the end of Saturday and JMs real work can begin in January.

Dolly Menga tried his hardest to get Andy Boyle sent off. IF O'Dea made the most of Hamilton's challenge then I'm glad that we're at last showing a bit of street wise nous instead of rolling over and accepting a kicking every week.

• Like 7

1 hour ago, Hamishlebaux19 said:

Exactly what I have been saying every time plays there, he is like what vince  mennie was, always coming back for the ball instead of running ahead to get onto to a forward pass, with his speed as well he could to a lot of damage, but maybe been told to pay that way, 

Difficulty is the rest of midfield weren’t making many forward passes- imo thought Curran did well skipping by several players and then getting a few decent enough crosses in and had a couple of pops at goal. He certainly didn’t frustrate me as much as some 

52 minutes ago, Eyeothedug said:

We should be doing better than Livingston and St Johnstone. It's just bad management.

What McIntyre is doing with Dundee is what Livi and St Johnstone have been doing for years... have a first XI and play it at every opportunity.

FPS allowed/encouraged Hartley and McCann to sign 25-30 players, very few of whom were guaranteed a starting place. What you end up with is a bloated wagebill, a dozen players who are out of the picture, guys out on loan and guys getting paid to walk away.

There is also the problem of the team having no stability with the constant tinkering and players coming and going. St Johnstone stick to their core group and consistently outperform Dundee as we constantly look to "improve" by signing more and more players of varying quality.

The question is... will McIntyre make the same mistakes as his predecessors once he gets the opportunity to start offering new contracts?

• Like 1
  • Star Post 1

2 hours ago, Valentke said:

I agree in general. He mixed up a bit more in the first half but I think Livie worked harder to stop that happening in the second half. 

When he is driving forward I'd like to see him either get as wide as possible and cross or drive into the box and have a go himself. He frequently goes narrow then tries to cross which reduces the space the forwards can make runs into.

9 times out of 10 he's getting himself into dangerous looking positions and then makes the wrong decision.  Needs to be driving deep into the box like you say and being greedy when he gets the chance.  Unless JM can bring in better we should be sticking with the CK/JC combination on the RHS to let them build up an understanding.  CK should be overlapping JC a lot more when he gets the chance, even if it is just a dummy run.  The number of times recently CK has had the chance to do this but has just stopped is worrying.

23 minutes ago, Reverend Lovejoy said:

Dolly Menga tried his hardest to get Andy Boyle sent off. IF O'Dea made the most of Hamilton's challenge then I'm glad that we're at last showing a bit of street wise nous instead of rolling over and accepting a kicking every week.

Totally agree with this

You see the way certain players are in the ref ears, Shinnie always at it at Aberdeen.

Nothing worse than a naive bunch of footballers...toughen up!!

44 minutes ago, Mr Sensible said:

So losing 4 goals is as bad as keeping a clean sheet aye ok 😂😂

That’s not what you asked. I’m talking about the overall play in the Ross County game (a game you selected) and yesterday?

If you are going on goals against surely losing 5 is worse?

9 minutes ago, Cobra said:

What McIntyre is doing with Dundee is what Livi and St Johnstone have been doing for years... have a first XI and play it at every opportunity.

FPS allowed/encouraged Hartley and McCann to sign 25-30 players, very few of whom were guaranteed a starting place. What you end up with is a bloating wagebill, a dozen players who are out of the picture, guys out on loan and guys getting paid to walk away.

There is also the problem of the team having no stability with the constant tinkering and players coming and going. St Johnstone stick to their core group and consistently outperform Dundee as we constantly look to "improve" by signing more and more players of varying quality.

The question is... will McIntyre make the same mistakes as his predecessors once he gets the opportunity to start offering new contracts?

Yes agree. Play a settled side, play direct football, pass forward when it's on. Press high up the park. Play with intensity and width. Have some pace in the side. Make sure everyone is totally fit and motivated. 

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, Reverend Lovejoy said:

Would that be when Dolly Menga ripped his own shirt in Half? Andy Boyle tried his best to get Andy Boyle sent off.

Cannot stand it when boys do what O'Dea did. Embarrassing that Dundee fans would celebrate that sort of thing. 

And then rip into Jordan Jones for being a diver! 

8 minutes ago, Rivers Cuomo said:

That’s not what you asked. I’m talking about the overall play in the Ross County game (a game you selected) and yesterday?

If you are going on goals against surely losing 5 is worse?

You said yesterday was as bad as anything under McCann

i gave you the Ross County example (could have gave you many more)

If your at the wind up as other posters think then fair enough...

We played ok yesterday

That day against County we were appalling

For me its night and day

14 minutes ago, Mr Sensible said:

Nothing worse than a naive bunch of footballers...toughen up!!

32 year O'Dea gets tapped on the shoulder by a youngster and goes down holding his face. And you're saying other players need to toughen up? 

Edited by Frank Grimes