The Dark Blues
TheDarkBlues

Match Aftermath: Dundee 0 - 0 Livingston

Rate this topic

5 minutes ago, Frank Grimes said:

Would that be when Dolly Menga ripped his own shirt in Half? Andy Boyle tried his best to get Andy Boyle sent off.

Cannot stand it when boys do what O'Dea did. Embarrassing that Dundee fans would celebrate that sort of thing. 

And then rip into Jordan Jones for being a diver! 

Watching different games mate, we'll leave it that.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Frank Grimes said:

32 year O'Dea gets tapped on the shoulder by a youngster and goes down holding his face. And you're saying other players need to toughen up? 

Saying we need to survive at all costs

• Like 1

Just now, Mr Sensible said:

Saying we need to survive at all costs

Up to you bud. I find it hard personally to applaud a player off the park when he's done something like that. Type of thing is a total cancer to the game. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Reverend Lovejoy said:

Watching different games mate, we'll leave it that.

Musta been bud. It's the only explanation. 

4 minutes ago, Frank Grimes said:

Up to you bud. I find it hard personally to applaud a player off the park when he's done something like that. Type of thing is a total cancer to the game. 

We play united in play off final

a dee player goes down in box to win a very soft penatly...

Do you cheer the penalty if it goes in to keep them down?

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Cobra said:

O'Dea is right to get dirty. One of the reasons we're bottom of the league is because we've been playing fair and getting mugged off by cheating opposition and incompetent officials.

I wouldn't applaud what O'Dea did but we've played the victims one too many times for my liking. Time to do whatever it takes to stay up.

If Scottish football wants fair play then get video technology or hammer folk with retrospective punishment because at the moment cheats prosper and if we don't play dirty we'll get shafted week after week.

I agree with Frank that odeas reaction was a minter but Cobra you have totally nailed it with your post imo. 👍

2 minutes ago, Valentke said:

I agree with Frank that odeas reaction was a minter but Cobra you have totally nailed it with your post imo. 👍

Have you seen O'Dea's reaction again because I seem to recall you had a different take on the incident at the game?.

8 minutes ago, Mr Sensible said:

We play united in play off final

a dee player goes down in box to win a very soft penatly...

Do you cheer the penalty if it goes in to keep them down?

Nope. I'd be delighted we stayed up but embarrassed at how it happened. 

Thoughts on Jordan Jones?

30 minutes ago, Eyeothedug said:

Yes agree. Play a settled side, play direct football, pass forward when it's on. Press high up the park. Play with intensity and width. Have some pace in the side. Make sure everyone is totally fit and motivated. 

It’s tricky . Most on here agree absolutely (as do I) with all of that dug but also most on here are looking for between 2-6 new faces in January so when will our team become settled ? July!!? Unlikely all new faces will walk into team , be fit and develop an understanding with new teammates quickly . And as we approach the split and the business end of the season there will be more pressure than there is even now. One example , Hamilton . McIntyre has made his choice and is now sticking with him . His exasperation tho was clear on several occasions yesterday at the quality of the kicking and also the dithering about . Will he stick with stability ?

I thought at the match that Hamilton had caught O'dea with his boot but having seen the replay it is just a push on his arm.

I have seen plenty Dundee players sent off for less over the years, the Livi player lifts his hands and under the rules that is a red card whether it is enough to hurt the opposition player or not. 

The problem is that when players are too honest (like Cammy Kerr always is) and they don't fall down the ref usually takes no action so players need to 'over-react'. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, DarkBlueKnight said:

It’s tricky . Most on here agree absolutely (as do I) with all of that dug but also most on here are looking for between 2-6 new faces in January so when will our team become settled ? July!!? Unlikely all new faces will walk into team , be fit and develop an understanding with new teammates quickly . And as we approach the split and the business end of the season there will be more pressure than there is even now. One example , Hamilton . McIntyre has made his choice and is now sticking with him . His exasperation tho was clear on several occasions yesterday at the quality of the kicking and also the dithering about . Will he stick with stability ?

That's a good question. For me I think we can pretty much stick with the current team until the end of the season but we need a stronger bench to cope with injuries and suspensions and we need to replace guys who are leaving.

All we're really lacking at the moment is creativity. If we could sign a right winger with a great delivery and a playmaker who can put his foot on the ball and make some decent throughballs we should climb the table and avoid the drop.

13 minutes ago, Reverend Lovejoy said:

Have you seen O'Dea's reaction again because I seem to recall you had a different take on the incident at the game?.

Yes I've seen it on tv now.

• Like 1

Red card made no difference . It still looked like they had the extra man. We managed to muster a little urgency from what 75-80 minutes onwards? Not enough , too late and I have to say I’m a bit bemused about the hard time rivers is getting . Is was pretty poor stuff from Dundee , little in the way of entertainment and never looked particularly likely to score, mostly speculative efforts from edge of box direct at keeper. I agree with the sentiment that another unbeaten game at home , a point gained and a clean sheet is very welcome but for me hardly a performance to get excited about. Put it this way if the team play like that on Saturday I don’t see us getting a point. Sorry to be negative nancy

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Cobra said:

That's a good question. For me I think we can pretty much stick with the current team until the end of the season but we need a stronger bench to cope with injuries and suspensions and we need to replace guys who are leaving.

All we're really lacking at the moment is creativity. If we could sign a right winger with a great delivery and a playmaker who can put his foot on the ball and make some decent throughballs we should climb the table and avoid the drop.

Mate I hope so with every fibre of my being!

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Valentke said:

Yes I've seen it on tv now.

I haven't seen it on TV. I missed the incident yesterday and only had the view of those around me to go on. A boot to the face seemed a pretty much nailed on red card offence. I'll need to watch it to see what's actually happened. I'm still of the opinion that we're too soft, regardless of whether O'Dea overreacted or not.

10 minutes ago, DarkBlueKnight said:

Red card made no difference . It still looked like they had the extra man. We managed to muster a little urgency from what 75-80 minutes onwards? Not enough , too late and I have to say I’m a bit bemused about the hard time rivers is getting . Is was pretty poor stuff from Dundee , little in the way of entertainment and never looked particularly likely to score, mostly speculative efforts from edge of box direct at keeper. I agree with the sentiment that another unbeaten game at home , a point gained and a clean sheet is very welcome but for me hardly a performance to get excited about. Put it this way if the team play like that on Saturday I don’t see us getting a point. Sorry to be negative nancy

Honestly thought it was an entertaining game yesterday.

• Like 5

Just now, Reverend Lovejoy said:

Honestly thought it was an entertaining game yesterday.

I’m just being a sour pus!

• Funny 1

26 minutes ago, Frank Grimes said:

Nope. I'd be delighted we stayed up but embarrassed at how it happened. 

Thoughts on Jordan Jones?

Out of order....

But if shoe on other foot i dont care especially when our clubs future is at stake...

I certinlay wouldnt be embaressed relegating those chunts again.

Btw footballers cheat during the game all the time when trying to claim throw ins and free kicks when they know clearly its not theres...

For past few years we have so easy to play against, so nice...you just need to look at yesterdays opponents to see what a bit of street wise nous does for you...

Edited by Mr Sensible

28 minutes ago, DarkBlueKnight said:

I would say most new signings in January will be here to improve the team and not fill the squad...Woods has played everyweek i think...

This set of players would finish bottom

Edited by Mr Sensible

7 minutes ago, Mr Sensible said:

Out of order....

But if shoe on other foot i dont care especially when our clubs future is at stake...

I certinlay wouldnt be embaressed relegating those chunts again.

Btw footballers cheat during the game all the time when trying to claim throw in free kicks when they know its not theres...

For past few years we have so easy to play against, so nice...you just need to look at yesterdays opponents to see what a bit of street wise nous does for you...

I was saying yesterday about us being too honest. There was an incident yesterday where we'd pushed up but Kenny Miller got caught offside. Kenny, being honest, held his hands up and left the ball to the Livi player, allowing them to launch an attack, with us out of position. If Kenny had touched the ball the ref would've had no option but to give a free kick which would've given us the chance to regroup.

O'Dea was violently shoved by the Accies player. The overreaction maybe did contribute to the red card but the ref saw exactly what happened. Maybe Jack Hamilton needs to learn not to lift his hands.

Jordan Jones didn't exaggerate contact. He invented it, so worse behaviour IMO.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Reverend Lovejoy said:

I was saying yesterday about us being too honest. There was an incident yesterday where we'd pushed up but Kenny Miller got caught offside. Kenny, being honest, held his hands up and left the ball to the Livi player, allowing them to launch an attack, with us out of position. If Kenny had touched the ball the ref would've had no option but to give a free kick which would've given us the chance to regroup.

Not one player claimed for handball at the penalty shout 1st half

It would have been a soft pen, but these refs get influenced by players reactions.

Edited by Mr Sensible

Ec504453d07a3ce8019bd86a21db9bff
5 hours ago, Mr Sensible said:

You said yesterday was as bad as anything under McCann

i gave you the Ross County example (could have gave you many more)

If your at the wind up as other posters think then fair enough...

We played ok yesterday

That day against County we were appalling

For me its night and day

From memory the Ross County game we got it back to 1-1 missed a chance to go 2-1 up then Spence had a brain fart and we collapsed.

4 hours ago, Rivers Cuomo said:

From memory the Ross County game we got it back to 1-1 missed a chance to go 2-1 up then Spence had a brain fart and we collapsed.

The Ayr utd 0-3 

3 brainfarts in that 😂