The Dark Blues
TheDarkBlues

Match Aftermath: Dundee 0 - 0 Livingston

Rate this topic

4 minutes ago, Mr Sensible said:

The Ayr utd 0-3 

3 brainfarts in that 😂

Were they as bad as the three recently against Kilmarnock?

I can't even remember anymore!

27 minutes ago, Reverend Lovejoy said:

I haven't seen it on TV. I missed the incident yesterday and only had the view of those around me to go on. A boot to the face seemed a pretty much nailed on red card offence. I'll need to watch it to see what's actually happened. I'm still of the opinion that we're too soft, regardless of whether O'Dea overreacted or not.

Don't believe anything that Baz says! Totally agree we were too soft, that's why I'd start Odea and Woods every week.

• Funny 1

17 hours ago, Charliedee said:

Good... McCann had our defenders trying to play like baresi on the edge of our box...imo a defender is never a football player and his job is just to get the ball as far away from our goal as possible....pretty to watch....no..... effective..yes

You are way back in the 70's and 80's. Football has moved on I am afraid, but not in Scotland. The Hearts v Livi match on telly recently proved that point. They were heading the ball more often than passing it with their feet. In fact for a period in the second-half you would think that both teams were playing head tennis and not football. It was an awful game to watch until Livi got the penalty. Dundee are playing worse football at this particular juncture than we were previously. It is old school stuff that neither excites nor promises much.

After watching the incident it seems pretty clear that O'Dea is playacting. A bit of an embarrassment for him and probably something we don't want to see but the fact is it happens. I'd much rather we were the ones benefiting rather than being the ones on the recieving end all the time.

Maybe a retrospective ban for O'Dea on the horizon though?.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, WeighorstsWang said:

Were they as bad as the three recently against Kilmarnock?

I can't even remember anymore!

I can remember the Ayr Utd 0-3 very easily

Schooled and embarrassed by a first division mob

To compare that to yesterday....

Edited by Mr Sensible

5 minutes ago, Reverend Lovejoy said:

After watching the incident it seems pretty clear that O'Dea is playacting. A bit of an embarrassment for him and probably something we don't want to see but the fact is it happens. I'd much rather we were the ones benefiting rather than being the ones on the recieving end all the time.

Maybe a retrospective ban for O'Dea on the horizon though?.

Don't think he can get a retrospective ban as ultimately the referee wasn't conned. The Accies player pushed O'Dea violently, which I think is a red card offence regardless of O'Dea's reaction to it.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Iain T Campbell said:

You are way back in the 70's and 80's. Football has moved on I am afraid, but not in Scotland. The Hearts v Livi match on telly recently proved that point. They were heading the ball more often than passing it with their feet. In fact for a period in the second-half you would think that both teams were playing head tennis and not football. It was an awful game to watch until Livi got the penalty. Dundee are playing worse football at this particular juncture than we were previously. It is old school stuff that neither excites nor promises much.

It( worse football) has delivered more than the previous managers insinuated better style this season. I'd love to see DFC play like Man City but the reality is we don't have the tools to even be a very very poor mimic. People rave about Saintees, Motherwell (previous seasons) and at times Hearts.....they play a very similar style to the one being deployed now which is not nearly as bad as some posters are trying to make out.

Personally id rather we pick up more points and survive than watch ineffective triangles deliver no points at home, ultimately ending in relegation.

• Love 1
  • Like 4
  • Star Post 2

10 minutes ago, Valentke said:

It( worse football) has delivered more than the previous managers insinuated better style this season. I'd love to see DFC play like Man City but the reality is we don't have the tools to even be a very very poor mimic. People rave about Saintees, Motherwell (previous seasons) and at times Hearts.....they play a very similar style to the one being deployed now which is not nearly as bad as some posters are trying to make out.

Personally id rather we pick up more points and survive than watch ineffective triangles deliver no points at home, ultimately ending in relegation.

Got to agree with that. There's no point in trying to play a style that doesn't suit the league you're in. It's so easy for teams to counter the style of play that NM tried to implement. As you say bigger more physical teams like Motherwell, St Johnstone and Hearts, infact probably every other team, just steamrolled over the top of us. I'm a lot happier now with our style of play which I'd describe as a combination of both McCann's and McIntyre's ideas. We still pass it out at times and we can be patient in our build up but we're not afraid to hoof it now either. We seem fitter too and play at a higher tempo.

19 minutes ago, Mr Sensible said:

I can remember the Ayr Utd 0-3 very easily

Schooled and embarrassed by a first division mob

To compare that to yesterday....

So, was that a Yes or No? 

8 minutes ago, Mr Sensible said:

Were you there yesterday?

Have you read the topic? 

This, also, is a "Yes or No" question. 

16 minutes ago, DarkBlueKnight said:

This topic reminds me of the late jimmy Sanderson!

The ex-Airdrie captain's dade?. FFS 😮

41 minutes ago, WeighorstsWang said:

Have you read the topic? 

This, also, is a "Yes or No" question. 

Take it thats a no..

Unless you also think drawing with a team in 7th is as bad as getting humped 1-4 from the bottom team.

Edited by Mr Sensible

21 hours ago, Rivers Cuomo said:

Every corner, free kick and long throw that came in caused havoc. 3 or 4 times we let balls into the box bounce around instead of attacking it. 

That's not 'havoc', it's just 'organised chaos' ;)  ....O'Dea, Boyle & Hamilton....and even Kerr...had it all under control :spock:   

2 minutes ago, Mr Sensible said:

Take it thats a no..

Unless you also think drawing with a team in 7th is as bad as getting humped 1-4 from the bottom team.

You were asking "Yes or No" questions earlier, I see you're unwilling to reciprocate. 

Myself and yourself were discussing Ayr and Kilmarnock, more specifically the 'brainfarts'. 

Well I thought we were until you've went on some mad tangent just like you usually do when faced with questions you don't like answering.

5 minutes ago, WeighorstsWang said:

You were asking "Yes or No" questions earlier, I see you're unwilling to reciprocate. 

Myself and yourself were discussing Ayr and Kilmarnock, more specifically the 'brainfarts'. 

Well I thought we were until you've went on some mad tangent just like you usually do when faced with questions you don't like answering.

"Mad tangent" 😂😂

go on ask me a question

Edited by Mr Sensible

21 hours ago, Rivers Cuomo said:

Livi only had one shot on target 😂 😂😂

Every corner, free kick and long throw that came in caused havoc. 3 or 4 times we let balls into the box bounce around instead of attacking it. 

If you don’t think we were dominated in that match especially in the first half then 👍

I guess we live in wee parallel universes, Rivers. :spock:  

4 hours ago, Eyeothedug said:

We should be doing better than Livingston and St Johnstone. It's just bad management.

Why ???

As we've seen plenty times, there's no fixed position for clubs, we rise and fall on current ability, right now both these teams are better than us, St J have been for quite some time. There's not a single good reason why we should be doing better than them, they're where they are on their own merit.

I don't disagree that we've been managed badly (maybe a bit strong for the off field stuff, I don't think any of us know for sure) but lets see where JM takes us, I'll be delighted with 10th come May and go again from there.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Chomp my root said:

Why ???

As we've seen plenty times, there's no fixed position for clubs, we rise and fall on current ability, right now both these teams are better than us, St J have been for quite some time. There's not a single good reason why we should be doing better than them, they're where they are on their own merit.

I don't disagree that we've been managed badly (maybe a bit strong for the off field stuff, I don't think any of us know for sure) but lets see where JM takes us, I'll be delighted with 10th come May and go again from there.

Simply because we have a bigger support and therefore should have more revenue, if managed correctly. 

20 minutes ago, Eyeothedug said:

Simply because we have a bigger support and therefore should have more revenue, if managed correctly. 

I don't quite get that. There's plenty of variables that would knock holes in that view. 

26 minutes ago, Mr Sensible said:

"Mad tangent" 😂😂

go on ask me a question

I've already asked you two, I don't want to cause a backlog in your pile. 

8 minutes ago, Reverend Lovejoy said:

I don't quite get that. The plenty of variables that would knock holes in that view. 

Well that's one of the largest variables. The bigger clubs with bigger supports are usually more successful. Of course there are other variables too which means that this doesn't always happen. But we, most years, should be sitting above Livi and also St J. 

9 minutes ago, Eyeothedug said:

Well that's one of the largest variables. The bigger clubs with bigger supports are usually more successful. Of course there are other variables too which means that this doesn't always happen. But we, most years, should be sitting above Livi and also St J. 

I'm just thinking that there's not a massive difference between the supports of the team's down the bottom half for it to make a significant difference, especially without knowing all the facts. We pay a rent and maintenance on a dilapidated stadium, Livi & St Johnstone don't have that burden. There's loads of other things that can can have a bearing on how much we can afford to spend the on team. Even things like location can have bearing on who we can and can't sign, there'll be players who don't want to go further north than Glasgow and it's surrounding areas etc, etc. 

I get what you're saying in theory but not sure it necessarily works like that.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, WeighorstsWang said:

I've already asked you two, I don't want to cause a backlog in your pile. 

Go on

got ten minutes before i head out