The Dark Blues
Sign in to follow this  
TheDarkBlues

Rate the Ref: Bobby Madden (Home, Livingston , 26 Dec 2018)

Rate this topic

Rate the Ref: Bobby Madden (Away, Livingston , 26 Dec 2018)  

42 members have voted

1. 1. How did you rate Bobby Madden?

• Wore Opposition Shirt
    • Terrible
    • Bad
    • Average
    • Very Good
    • Perfect

F86810f0c06df675cde4b7b20f90e823
1 hour ago, Donny O said:

A Balloon!!! I was raging again at his antics in front of The Derry but most of all at him not awarding us that stonewall penalty where the Livi player handled it on the ground!!!

Total Balloon!!

Didn’t see it at the time, just watched the ‘highlights’ wasn’t deliberate hand ball so no pen.

1 hour ago, Rivers Cuomo said:

Didn’t see it at the time, just watched the ‘highlights’ wasn’t deliberate hand ball so no pen.

Not seen the highlights yet so will hang fire on final judgement.

From where I was sitting the ball was blocked and changed direction so  I screamed for a pen but I will admit to being wrong after viewing tonight if the footage proves that my initial thoughts were wrong. ;o)

1 hour ago, Rivers Cuomo said:

Seen them given but I'd be disappointed if that was given against us.

12 minutes ago, Reverend Lovejoy said:

Seen them given but I'd be disappointed if that was given against us.

Remember the pen utd were given at Dens in the 3 1 game when Thomson blocked a shot. If that was a pen the one yesterday was more of a pen. 

53 minutes ago, Donny O said:

Not seen the highlights yet so will hang fire on final judgement.

From where I was sitting the ball was blocked and changed direction so  I screamed for a pen but I will admit to being wrong after viewing tonight if the footage proves that my initial thoughts were wrong. ;o)

Get a grip man - there’s no place on this forum for people that can admit they’re wrong once in a while. Where would we be if that caught on ffs

• Love 1
  • Funny 6

23 hours ago, Rivers Cuomo said:

I agree but people can’t then throw toys out the pram when people like Jones dive for penalties against us

Different things altogether, Jones dived in the box hoping to get a pen and a man sent off.

The Livi player lashed out at O'Dea and O'Dea played the ref.

Wasn't at the game and just watched the highlights.

Livi had a stonewall penalty in the first half that wasn't awarded when O'Dea grabbed a handful of shirt. Clear penalty and poor from Madden and his assistant.

Livi also had a penalty claim for handball by O'Dea that would have been of the very soft type. No penalty and Madden got it right.

Dundee claim in first half - from what was written on here I thought it had to be a blatant hand ball but not even close, Calvin Miller didn't even claim for it until he realised some fans were. No penalty and Madden got it right.

Sending off - embarrassing for O'Dea but I agree it's about time our players started doing this sort of thing, we've been victims of it plenty times. Scar on the game? Been going on for years and is nothing new so it's a deep, deep scar but also a valid and accepted part of the game now so when you're desperate why not? Madden fell for it but it's possible he saw the guy lift his hand so right to order him off, you just can't do that.

Four big incidents and Madden comes out with a score of 75% for me. I realise that not being at the game means I won't have seen everything but for me 75% success rate isn't that bad really.

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, Prince Buster said:

Wasn't at the game and just watched the highlights.

Livi had a stonewall penalty in the first half that wasn't awarded when O'Dea grabbed a handful of shirt. Clear penalty and poor from Madden and his assistant.

Livi also had a penalty claim for handball by O'Dea that would have been of the very soft type. No penalty and Madden got it right.

Dundee claim in first half - from what was written on here I thought it had to be a blatant hand ball but not even close, Calvin Miller didn't even claim for it until he realised some fans were. No penalty and Madden got it right.

Sending off - embarrassing for O'Dea but I agree it's about time our players started doing this sort of thing, we've been victims of it plenty times. Scar on the game? Been going on for years and is nothing new so it's a deep, deep scar but also a valid and accepted part of the game now so when you're desperate why not? Madden fell for it but it's possible he saw the guy lift his hand so right to order him off, you just can't do that.

Four big incidents and Madden comes out with a score of 75% for me. I realise that not being at the game means I won't have seen everything but for me 75% success rate isn't that bad really.

These incidents he may have almost got right but it was his general decision making at simple things like throw in's and corners etc that left me bemused.

Livi had a corner in the second half which was headed past the post by one of their players for a goal kick. The Livi players turned and headed back up the pitch only for Madden to signal for another corner. Our players and fans went mental. By this point Madden must've been aware that he'd made a mistake. He was looking for a way out and probably waiting to blow for an innocuous foul once the corner came back in but that didn't happen. The ball was floated in and Calvin, standing on his own and unmarked, right in front of Madden, miscued and hoofed the ball into row Z of the Bobby Cox. Madden paused then awarded a goalkick. Jim McIntyre and Gary Holt looked at each other while pissing themselves laughing and the players shook their heads in disbelief. One of the most bizarre decision I've seen at Dens Park.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Reverend Lovejoy said:

These incidents he may have almost got right but it was his general decision making at simple things like throw in's and corners etc that left me bemused.

Livi had a corner in the second half which was headed past the post by one of their players for a goal kick. The Livi players turned and headed back up the pitch only for Madden to signal for another corner. Our players and fans went mental. By this point Madden must've been aware that he'd made a mistake. He was looking for a way out and probably waiting to blow for an innocuous foul once the corner came back in but that didn't happen. The ball was floated in and Calvin, standing on his own and unmarked, right in front of Madden, miscued and hoofed the ball into row Z of the Bobby Cox. Madden paused then awarded a goalkick. Jim McIntyre and Gary Holt looked at each other while pissing themselves laughing and the players shook their heads in disbelief. One of the most bizarre decision I've seen at Dens Park.

Absolutely this.

The thing with the sending off was that the first incident leading up to the 'fracas' was an easy free-kick for Madden to award. If he stops the game there, the sending off never happens. There were so many little incidents where things like a free kick were given for a dive and no card followed, the 1 out of three corners being right as Rev mentions above and just the general inconsistency and it's that that drives fans - and players - mad. 

Went with average. Got two major decisions wrong: the red card (A booking apiece would be sufficed) and a blatant pen for Livi in the first half.

Other than that, nothing major. The Bobby Cox getting animated over nothing as usual.

18 hours ago, DarkBlueKnight said:

Get a grip man - there’s no place on this forum for people that can admit they’re wrong once in a while. Where would we be if that caught on ffs

He He!!!

Incidentally watched it last night and I still think it was a pen (albeit soft) but I also missed O Dea's shirt pull which was a Stick on Penalty on viewing !!

TBH It was another consistently BAD refereeing Performance full stop!!!

• Star Post 1