The Dark Blues
Cobra

Dundee V St Johnstone

Rate this topic

Dundee v St Johnstone  

58 members have voted

1. 1. What are you expecting on Saturday at Dens?

2. 2. Which 11 players should be starting for Dundee if available?

Another massive game for the Dee on Saturday. Can the Dark Blues end a terrible year on a high and climb off the foot of the table before the winter break?

Home form is much improved and Dundee can make it five games unbeaten by picking up at least a point at the weekend.

fIS06BF.jpg

St Johnstone's away form is quite incredible though. 15 points out of 15 and no goals conceded.

seJQgIq.jpg

In terms of recent meetings at Dens, the Dee hold the upper hand with three wins and one defeat from the last 12 months.

Thoughts for the game?

Team almost picks itself showing the total lack of depth.  Its another gut churning nervous and tight 90 minutes.  I'll take a point but Saints are playing well just now …. beatable but very tough.  Looking forward to it and hope there is a decent crowd...…..

• Like 1

Hard game, but won't be as physical as Livingston. We are having our best home spell since 16/17 season where we went 7 home league games unbeaten under Hartley during that season. 

• Like 2

Have to admit, St Johnstone's odds (and Celtic's) are very appealing.

Yeah. Livi were a very tough physical opponent but we dealt with them all afternoon to our credit. Just couldn't find the goal to finish them.

St Johnstones away form frightens the life out of me but we should be looking for a point minimum at home all the same. 

Edited by CW 90+3 02/05/16

36 minutes ago, Cobra said:

Another massive game for the Dee on Saturday. Can the Dark Blues end a terrible year on a high and climb off the foot of the table before the winter break?

Home form is much improved and Dundee can make it five games unbeaten by picking up at least a point at the weekend.

fIS06BF.jpg

St Johnstone's away form is quite incredible though. 15 points out of 15 and no goals conceded.

seJQgIq.jpg

In terms of recent meetings at Dens, the Dee hold the upper hand with three wins and one defeat from the last 12 months.

Thoughts for the game?

3-1 Wins had me hoping for a win but from that chart St. J look very defensive, difficult to see us scoring. hopefully 0-0.

Again I expect StJ to be too strong for us but there is hope. I’d play the same 4-4-2 but if Woods was fit I’d take him in for McGowan. Big incentive in that a win could well take us off the bottom going into the New Year break, even a draw and we will have probably achieved JM first objective which would realistically have been to be with touching distance of the team in 10th can me the winter break and transfer window.

Should also be a decent crowd, the farmers will bring a better than normal support as they will expect the victory. 

Actually looking forward to this game in a sort of sadistic way 😂😂

Edited by Bjs

3 minutes ago, WeighorstsWang said:

Can see Hamilton beating Motherwell.

Aye, it's a derby so form can go right oot the windee.

14 minutes ago, Ricky Spanish said:

Aye, it's a derby so form can go right oot the windee.

I'd be more comfortable if it were at Fir Park.

1 minute ago, Rivers Cuomo said:

2-0. Then let the signing frenzy commence.

2-0 us?

Under McIntyre?

Some one found your login details?

• Funny 7
  • Like 1

28 minutes ago, WeighorstsWang said:

Can see Hamilton beating Motherwell.

Well down to bare bones too, I share your fear! Hopefully Well sneak it 1-0 and Accies get three players red carded.

9 minutes ago, CW 90+3 02/05/16 said:

2-0 us?

Under McIntyre?

St Johnstone are worse than Livi, again just a decent manager keeping them going. Last chance saloon for me for McIntyre win or bust.

Pity Davidson is out would have loved to have seen him in a crumpled heap at Dens.

Edited by Guest

14 minutes ago, Rivers Cuomo said:

Pity Davidson is out would have loved to have seen him in a crumpled heap at Dens.

I love it when you talk dirty, x.

Home win, even though we are playing a team that are a massive 21 points above us after only 19 games. 

0-1, St Johnstone know how to grind out a win, unfortunately our players don't.

If Saints score first then I expect us to be all huff and puff and they will see out the game comfortably.

• Like 1

I thought we'd draw with Livi and beat Saints, so that's what will happen. 2-0.

I'd drop Calvin  Miller. He makes key errors and doesn't chase back. He is a loanee and it shows. Other loanees more professional - could be an age thing. I'd play nabi in left midfield and see what he can do. If he's sh*t then I hold my hand up but I think he can play. Only time I've been truly impressed by Calvin was v rangers. Is that a coincidence? Nabi could open up the saints on a good day. 

3 minutes ago, Cg73 said:

I'd drop Calvin  Miller. He makes key errors and doesn't chase back. He is a loanee and it shows. Other loanees more professional - could be an age thing. I'd play nabi in left midfield and see what he can do. If he's sh*t then I hold my hand up but I think he can play. Only time I've been truly impressed by Calvin was v rangers. Is that a coincidence? Nabi could open up the saints on a good day. 

If you get it wrong I’ll see you on Sandeman Street at 1645 😆

You'd drop Calv Miller because he doesn't track back and replace him with Nabi who just doesn't move at all? 

• Funny 2
  • Like 2

Pre match interviews with Kallman (8 mins) and JM (7 mins) on DEETV.

Kallman speaks very well and one of the better interviews with any of the players - worth a listen.

JM: Kasunga light training but most likely out. Woods last minute. Deacon out.   

JM: Moving to a new club doesn't necessarily mean you need to change things (new players and moving players out),  but quite clearly here, we do. 

Me : ooooooft

Edited by Dondeh

Home win. 4 points from 6. Aff the bottom. Regroup and reshape the squad in January. Sh*t loads in, Sh*t loads out. 

Paul McGowan to say in the Courier that we're aiming for Top 6.

8 hours ago, CW 90+3 02/05/16 said:

2-0 us?

Under McIntyre?

He's happy because Spence has been told to do one!

30 minutes ago, Reverend Lovejoy said:

Paul McGowan to say in the Courier that we're aiming for Top 6.

I thought McGowan got done because he was an angry wee man and not for drugs! 🤣