Adblock Detected

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.

McCann's Signings

Cobra

2 hours ago, GregTeamDee said:

Agree with a lot of the points made. We, simply cannot have this amount of turnover each year. January could lead into double figures for player turnover and it is justify due to the extent McCann damaged the team in the summer. However, if I was Keyes and his family, I'd be wondering why on earth I am spending spending hundreds of thousands each year on player turnover whereas St Johnstone (type club), have very little turn over and just add a few players here and there and yet finish higher constantly. 

Summer 2019, has to be the last summer we have this kind of turnover, after McIntyre has kept us up ;) 

In saying that, roll on January for the signing emoji! 

St Johnstone do not change their manager every 18 months like we do.

Adblock Detected

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
6 hours ago, Barryboy said:

That will be the same as Moussa's, then?

Moussa was (is) just another astonishing signing by the McCann / Nelms combo. I don't think he's anywhere near the same style of player as Murray though and operated in a sort of no man's land between midfield and a usually non existent striker - not quite a number 10, more a 9 1/2

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Barkblue said:

That's because they haven't appointed completely deluded diddies like Neil McCann.

I think that is very unfair to McCann. He had ambitions for the club but this diddy league that we are in does not allow you the room to implement the plans that you have in view. It is survival only for 7 clubs from the first game to last. I suppose Kilmarnock can now be counted amongst those who do not have that problem and can plan accordingly. The sooner we go back to a 16 or 18 team league the better where we can see manager's being given the freedom to play free-flowing football instead of having their hands tied through fighting a survival battle from day one. The small leagues we have are killing the game in Scotland and the powers that rule are thinking of adding another league to the mix. You couldn't make it up.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Iain T Campbell said:

I think that is very unfair to McCann. He had ambitions for the club but this diddy league that we are in does not allow you the room to implement the plans that you have in view. It is survival only for 7 clubs from the first game to last. I suppose Kilmarnock can now be counted amongst those who do not have that problem and can plan accordingly. The sooner we go back to a 16 or 18 team league the better where we can see manager's being given the freedom to play free-flowing football instead of having their hands tied through fighting a survival battle from day one. The small leagues we have are killing the game in Scotland and the powers that rule are thinking of adding another league to the mix. You couldn't make it up.

I genuinely believe that in a 16 team league McCann's team would have been fighting relegation. Humpings from Dunfermline and Ayr United only reinforce that notion.

The guy signed one dimensional footballers incapable of competing at this level and arguably the level below we are at and while most were technically OK, it takes much more than that to win games of football at any level.

Over and above that, the whole remit of any manager is to succeed in the surrounds in which he operates. McCann knew the league, knew the teams, knew the style of opposition, so what made him think he could piece together a team of bit parts and buck that trend? It was either delusion or diddiness. In my opinion, it was both. He still thinks he was on the right track with what he pieced together here. That's the part we couldn't make up. Scary stuff.

I'll add that, for me personally and I've been really consistent in this, McCann served up some of the slowest, most boring, pointless, turgid football I've seen at Dens. Sprinkled throughout that were two or three great performances and the occasional excellent piece of football, but most of it was absolute rubbish and for the first time ever made me question whether I still wanted to watch my team because we were devoid of ideas, fight and the ability to score goals. I appreciate that's purely a personal opinion though and that others certainly did/do see it differently. 

As ever mate, interesting discussion and always intriguing to see how we all view the same things differently. 

• Like 3

Adblock Detected