Adblock Detected

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.

The January 2019 Transfer Window Discussion Thread

TheDarkBlues

1 minute ago, Dun_d_rob said:

Don't think that would be a terrible deal but I would be telling rangers we unless we get a decent fee we will go medieval in our treatment of Kamarra and they will be getting a shell of the player in 6 months....

That's going to hamper our own recruitment plans though surely?. Who's going to sign for a club that does that?. Seems a bit crazy.

Adblock Detected

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
4 minutes ago, Reverend Lovejoy said:

I wouldn't want a half hearted Glen Kamara here,  still picking up a healthy wage, in a relegation battle. Rejecting a nominal amount might set a precedent but it won't help our current predicament. We're at their mercy and as usual there's not a lot we can do about it. They know we don't want an unsettled player on our books.

Why so sure it would be a half hearted player tho?Got his requested big move so should be looking forward to it and repaying the club like Lewis Morgan did.

4 minutes ago, Harry94 said:

I suspect so too based on the sort of talk we've seen in our own local press but I will say that the board handled the Hendry situation very well and come to a reasonable arrangement so I'm optimistic that they can come up with something again. We'll be a laughing stock if we actually record a player sale at less than 6 figures!

There's a good chance it will be 'undisclosed', whatever the fee is.

4 minutes ago, Reverend Lovejoy said:

That's going to hamper our own recruitment plans though surely?. Who's going to sign for a club that does that?. Seems a bit crazy.

As a club we have done this before and happens all the time at other clubs. See Robbie Nielsen's comments re players not training with 1st team just yesterday.

3 minutes ago, Eric-sinclair said:

Why so sure it would be a half hearted player tho?Got his requested big move so should be looking forward to it and repaying the club like Lewis Morgan did.

He's hardly kicked a ball for us this season. What makes you think his attitude is suddenly going to change and he'll be up for a relegation battle?. My money's on his mind being elsewhere. He's got his move and he doesn't need to put his body on the line for us.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Dun_d_rob said:

As a club we have done this before and happens all the time at other clubs. See Robbie Nielsen's comments re players not training with 1st team just yesterday.

Players not training with the first team and turning someone into a "shell of a player" using "medieval" methods are pretty far apart though.

21 minutes ago, Harry94 said:

The £50k?

I'd rather we set fire to that amount of money to make a point. The options are that Kamara either gives up six months of his career, applies himself to us for six months and then moves or Rangers pay something reasonable now. No one wants the first option and I think this idea that we should almost be thankful of getting any money in the first place is totally crazy, look at the market and the sort of suggestions we're getting are completely ridiculous.

If Rangers don't pay up now, we invite Kamara back into the squad as the first name on the team sheet and the whole dynamic completely changes. He was obviously playing with the knowledge of needing to secure his move and not getting hurt, also with a manager who was blatantly preparing for life without him - today sees his long-term future resolved and eases those apprehensions.

For me, a strarting point is £300k with good sell on clauses involved is reasonable and gives us something to actually work with. Rangers will obviously pay what they will get away with and won't be in the buesiness of giving out money if they don't need to but they've just commited to covering the bulk of £5.5 million in wages for Defoe's wages and look like they'll be doing similar for Davis and his £4.68 million over the next 18 months. We're not asking a lot, they are getting a 23 year old regular internationalist with a very solid footballing pedigree from the Arsenal academy and 18 months of development in the same league. On top of that, if he does OK, they'll also be profiting given how cheap his wages will be and get a good 18-24 months of a player (before the renewal) performing well maybe earning £200-400k less than others wth a similar contribution over that period.

I want to get this situation resolved as much as anyone but I really think that we're massively underplaying ourselves here. If Rangers don't feel Kamara is worth a few hundred grand to help their league campaign now, I'm sure they will get a loanee from Everton/Liverpool who costs a similar amount of money but is less experienced and sees any development cost be delivered to their parent club rather than having a more ready player for the next campaign. Our position is relevant but we have owners who provide an overdraft facility who have shown the capability to invest in the club - demanding a reasonable figure for a player is a sensible way to do business and is the professional approach.

It seems common place for Scottish teams to sell players and then spend the next period losing much more money in trying to replace that player multiple times over and then also losing prize money and gate reciepts from reduced success.

I get what you are saying Harry,but as you have said in your post Rangers will only pay what they can get away with and i suspect they will be happy for him to stay at Dundee until his contract expires and he can join them without having to pay us anything.

Rangers are  not interested how the Kamara situation will impact on Dundee FC ,all they will care about is getting him to Ibrox for as little as possible .

21 minutes ago, Steve Bee said:

I'm not surprised we haven't signed anyone yet. Players aren't back until Monday. So maybe hear something today or on Monday.

The Rangers haven't waited until Monday have they? Hearts, Hibs, Motherwell, St. Mirren, Livingston, Celtic, Falkirk and Partick have all made moves in the market in January 2019. Have all these clubs and the players involved come back off holiday and Dundee haven't?

Adblock Detected