The Dark Blues
TheDarkBlues

The January 2019 Transfer Window Discussion Thread

Rate this topic

2 hours ago, Cobra said:

After two years playing for a Malaysian pub team Morgaro Gomis has decided to step down a level and rejoin United.

I'm hearing he was moonlighting as a ladyboy by night. 

25 minutes ago, ThelegendthatisBeto said:

Nobody will take the majority of the sh**e NM signed 

Pretty poor comment imo 😉

12 minutes ago, Wattie Rojas said:

I'm hearing he was moonlighting as a ladyboy by night. 

Disgraceful comment 😉 

• Like 1

Calum ferrie loaned out again to Stirling. We're certainly clearing the decks to make room for new players.

Maybe Neil who is being linked with a job down south will steam in and pluck some of out players?

Recent interviews on #DEETV with Davies and Dieng.

Latest is 15 minutes with Davies & the Gaffer. (6 mins from the Gaffer). 

#DEETV

Edited by Dondeh
  • Thanks 1

Gardyne WILL NOT be coming to The Kilmac Stadium at  Dens Park.

#thegaffer

JM.

Edited by Dondeh

I think we can safely rule out any first-team regulars leaving County for Dundee. They won't give them us any of their key players and we're not spending money on fees so it won't happen.

Gardyne has just returned from injury to help County's promotion push. He'll be there until the end of the season at least.

42 minutes ago, Dondeh said:

Recent interviews on #DEETV with Davies and Dieng.

Latest is 15 minutes with Davies & the Gaffer. (6 mins from the Gaffer). 

#DEETV

Great long IV with Davies from Durham and Nth Yorkshire. Listening to him wish we had 10 others like him.

3 hours ago, Dondeh said:

Hearing JM's responses and looking at his body language in the SSN interview today, I would say he's praying for movement out to let his preferred signings in. 

Unfortunately  for him/us,  this could again go down to the wire.

I would imagine Curran and Davis were his top two targets and that’s why there in now. The keeper is a signing he won’t have expected to make but injury has forced his hand (pardon the pun). I’d expect that he needs some of the bigger earners off the books to make his next set of signings as Spence won’t have been on that much, the young lads we have put on loan (the keepers and Henvey) won’t amount to that much in savings and I’d guess we weren’t paying much for Boyle or Calvin. So really only Haber and Nabi might have contributed decent room in the budget to bring in those first three signings.

Heres hoping he can wheel and deal at lot more. It will help that Jackie Mac is now part of the Dunfermline set up, all we need now is McCann and Hartley to get jobs and we will get rid of the rest easily 😂

• Like 1

I find our signings thus far uninspiring. None of them excites apart from maybe Curran. We have been refused access to Gardyne, thank goodness. Dodds said after the Aberdeen game that quality signings would be coming our way.  Where are they? It really has been not a very good window for us so far. There is still plenty of time left and we hope that some players will be brought in that are not ex-County and not past their sell-by date. We need something to give us hope for the second half of the season.

• Like 2
  • Star Post 1

We couldn't have been more excited about Scott Allan coming to Dens and look how that turned out. I don't think it matters too much how the fans feel about new signings. Our gut feeling is usually wrong so we might as well just wait for the action to start and judge the signings then.

• Like 1

We need the Board to give the manager funds that are not conditional on players leaving otherwise NM will take us down. 

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, Iain T Campbell said:

I find our signings thus far uninspiring. None of them excites apart from maybe Curran. We have been refused access to Gardyne, thank goodness. Dodds said after the Aberdeen game that quality signings would be coming our way.  Where are they? It really has been not a very good window for us so far. There is still plenty of time left and we hope that some players will be brought in that are not ex-County and not past their sell-by date. We need something to give us hope for the second half of the season.

Depends on how you define 'quality' and on what qualities you're looking for in a relegation battle. I'd be looking for character and experience, hard work and leadership qualities.

I'd say we've done alright so far.

• Like 2

Kamara will surely be gone in the next week and that'll free up some cash to bring one or two new guys in.

15 hours ago, Reverend Lovejoy said:

It's the Rangers & Celtic show unfortunately. Anyone who has the audacity to shows bit of ambition is quickly cut down to size. These two have more often than not taken gambles on Scottish clubs stars to weaken the these teams rather than  to strengthen their own. The biggest thing in Killies armoury is probably Steve Clarke rather Greg Stewart and Jordan Jones though.

And over and above that players from up here are also fair are now for the bottom three divisions in England as well.

Agree about Clarke, but even he will struggle if he continually loses all his better players.

11 hours ago, Iain T Campbell said:

I fully agree that this does lead to short term thinking having your best players being taken away. It is but only part of the problem facing the Scottish game at the moment, but that is a problem that we can do little about. Shankly wanted to hold on to our title winning team yet the board going against his advice went and sold most of them within a season.

I agree. There are numerous challenges to the Scottish game and to the managers within it. Talent has always disappeared from most of the Scottish clubs towards the same one or two Glasgow teams or down south. I'd argue now though that it's easier for players to force a move, or for other clubs to unsettle players. There's so much money down south now that even lower division teams are taking a punt on guys, so even the more mediocre talent like Mark O'Hara is tempted to have a go and earn some better cash down there (not that I blame him for that). 

11 hours ago, Cobra said:

We couldn't have been more excited about Scott Allan coming to Dens and look how that turned out. I don't think it matters too much how the fans feel about new signings. Our gut feeling is usually wrong so we might as well just wait for the action to start and judge the signings then.

Unfortunately our manager at the time(the one who has come within a whisker of ruining the club) had no idea how to manage Scott Allan’s undoubted ability.

• Like 2

16 hours ago, DarkBlueKnight said:

Maybe Neil who is being linked with a job down south will steam in and pluck some of out players?

What job? 

11 minutes ago, Billy Campbell's Ghost said:

Suggestion on Twitter that Davies is to fill coaching role. Doddsgate over at last?

Is Boyle not our assistant manager? I thought that ended Luggygate? 🙂

Edited by Barkblue

2 minutes ago, Barkblue said:

Is Boyle not our assistant manager? I thought that ended Luggygate? 🙂

I've a feeling that there might be a wee bit of restructuring behind the scenes as we've now got a fair few coach in and around the first team. 

Hopefully next week we ship Kamara out and finish of the squad with

Lee Wallace

Charlie Adam

Michael Ohalloran.

Thant would do for me,get it done Jim

• Wowzer 1
  • Funny 1