Adblock Detected

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.

Neil McCann

TheDarkBlues

18 minutes ago, Budgem said:

What's the story here?

McCann on gardening leave (full pay) yet summarising on Sky and being interviewed on BBC Sportsound?

Anybody got a clue how this can come about?

Seem to remember McCoist on gardening leave from The Rangers and couldn't do his BT stuff until a certain time had elapsed. 🤔

So financially he is better off than ever? Couldnae mak it up. Hope he gets screwed over the EBT.

Adblock Detected

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
3 hours ago, WeighorstsWang said:

Listened to his Sportsound interview there, thought he come across well. Clear love for the club and was right in a lot of what he said regarding injuries etc. 

He has his 'philosophy' and IMO, he's 100% right to stick at it and work at it with teams. If it clicks with a club the sky really will be limit for his opportunities - and I personally wish him every ounce of luck in his future endeavours. 

Where, from what I believe, he'll really need to mature is in handling individuals within a squad. Heard a few stories now from guys that have no real vested interest but are friendly with some of our squad that it was very much a two tier system under McCann. If he signed you, you had a chance to settle, if he didn't, then every mistake was dissected in front of the rest of the dressing room. Guys didn't have a problem being taken to task but the double standards undermined him big time. That said, I'll take that as hear say and not fact because it was just idle chat.

I'm not sure he'll ever get a gig at a club with the budget to make his ideas really come to fruition but I've no axe to grind with the guy and hope he can make it work somewhere and get it right up folks like me who have failed to share his vision.

41 minutes ago, Barkblue said:

Where, from what I believe, he'll really need to mature is in handling individuals within a squad. Heard a few stories now from guys that have no real vested interest but are friendly with some of our squad that it was very much a two tier system under McCann. If he signed you, you had a chance to settle, if he didn't, then every mistake was dissected in front of the rest of the dressing room. Guys didn't have a problem being taken to task but the double standards undermined him big time. That said, I'll take that as hear say and not fact because it was just idle chat.

I'm not sure he'll ever get a gig at a club with the budget to make his ideas really come to fruition but I've no axe to grind with the guy and hope he can make it work somewhere and get it right up folks like me who have failed to share his vision.

This sums it up nicely I think. 

A lot to learn before he can speak about philosophies and identities

Unfortunately another example of our club trying to run long before it can walk  

21 minutes ago, Budgem said:

Believe me.

No problem we'll just believe you.

Highly likely that he could have been put on garden leave when asked to do one. However when you go on garden leave it tends to be under the condition that you cannot work and earn money elsewhere (hence the term). It's highly likely that a condition of going on garden leave would be that if he found paid work elsewhere his contract would be considered to be ended. I'd hope that would be the case or possibly he's done Sky etc. voluntarily (yeah right).

Another possibility is that he was employed as a contractor to Dundee FC via an agency under a limited company called 'Neil McCann Ltd.' or the like and that it's the company that can't earn money elsewhere. In that case there would be nothing to stop him forming another limited company 'Useless Failure Of A Manager Ltd.' or the like and contracting to Sky or BBC through that company.

Anyway I'm just glad the impostor is no longer with us and if it is costing a packet to support him further that Keyes is looking at Nelms and saying 'time to get shot of you'.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Bp33 said:

He said that we were recognised as a good footballing side, who didn’t score enough goals, and were a bit soft at the back. But there was an identity to it. Unfortunately, I think he’s kidding himself on.

Does that description - pretty on the eye for no reason but ships goals - not equal easily beaten?

1 minute ago, Prince Buster said:

No problem we'll just believe you.

Highly likely that he could have been put on garden leave when asked to do one. However when you go on garden leave it tends to be under the condition that you cannot work and earn money elsewhere (hence the term). It's highly likely that a condition of going on garden leave would be that if he found paid work elsewhere his contract would be considered to be ended. I'd hope that would be the case or possibly he's done Sky etc. voluntarily (yeah right).

Another possibility is that he was employed as a contractor to Dundee FC via an agency under a limited company called 'Neil McCann Ltd.' or the like and that it's the company that can't earn money elsewhere. In that case there would be nothing to stop him forming another limited company 'Useless Failure Of A Manager Ltd.' or the like and contracting to Sky or BBC through that company.

Anyway I'm just glad the impostor is no longer with us and if it is costing a packet to support him further that Keyes is looking at Nelms and saying 'time to get shot of you'.

Even if McCann was allowed to work while on gardening leave, surely one of the conditions of his continued payment would be that he couldn't discuss his time at the club?

I listened to the interview and found myself getting wound up by him. On about the team had established an identity of passing the ball out the back! Only identity I seen was that we were the worst team in fn Europe by the time he got sacked! 

Just now, Barkblue said:

Even if McCann was allowed to work while on gardening leave, surely one of the conditions of his continued payment would be that he couldn't discuss his time at the club?

Hmmm, not sure. My only experience was signing an agreement not to take proprietary information and use it in other places for the term of the garden leave (one month notice period). I certainly wouldn't have agreed to not being able to discuss my time at the company.

Adblock Detected