Reporting Content. Read more... ×
The Dark Blues
Bp33

Calvin Miller

Rate this topic

1 minute ago, WeighorstsWang said:

Nabi, Boyle and Miller punted. That's 2 of recently' consistent starting 11 been told to go. 

Official must be busy, I can't get on. :(

1 minute ago, Chomp my root said:

Official must be busy, I can't get on. 

Neither can I! It's taken from official Twitter - about half hour ago. 

Edited by WeighorstsWang

Think C Miller did alright considering he's doing a bit of 'on the job' learning and we thought we were getting a LB. I'm hoping we're going to get another Celtic player in in his place then. Slightly surprise by Boyle, JM must have a couple of CB's lined up.

The exodus of McCann's boys begins.

McIntyre must be planning the mother of all clear-outs if his first-choice left-sided midfielder has been binned at the first opportunity.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Chomp my root said:

Think C Miller did alright considering he's doing a bit of 'on the job' learning and we thought we were getting a LB. I'm hoping we're going to get another Celtic player in in his place then. Slightly surprise by Boyle, JM must have a couple of CB's lined up.

Long as one of them is not Paul Bloody Quinn 😆

Just now, Cobra said:

McIntyre must be planning the mother of all clear-outs if his first-choice left-sided midfielder has been binned at the first opportunity.

I’m excited as f**k! Feels like pre season all over again and waiting for the emoji 

• Funny 1

2 minutes ago, J_Kitamirike said:

I’m excited as f**k! Feels like pre season all over again and waiting for the emoji 

I really hope they bin that emoji nonsense. Building up excitement among the fans, initiating speculation on who it could be, then announcing Jean Allesane Mendy just made the club look like a bunch of halfwits.

• Funny 2
  • Like 2

3 minutes ago, Cobra said:

Is Kusunga injured?

Id imagine Iniss must be feeling a bit tepid just now, one of the first choice CB's that you couldn't get a game in front of being emptied. 

Just now, WeighorstsWang said:

Is Kusunga injured?

Id imagine Iniss must be feeling a bit tepid just now, one of the first choice CB's that you couldn't get a game in front of being emptied. 

Yeah Kusunga is crocked.

I wonder if we have an arrangement with Palace that Inniss stays all season because it doesn't make much sense for him to stay when he's only going to play in emergencies.

10 minutes ago, J_Kitamirike said:

Just a bit worried that if we end up with a lot of new faces they'll take time to settle in. I was guessing that we might get 4 or 5 of JM's 'lads' who would ken the score and hit the ground running but yeah, this is shaping up to be pre-season-esque.

4 minutes ago, Offshoredee said:

Got to think some signings already made and just waiting to be confirmed 

100% this, has to be as why get rid of at least a dozen players, I know it’s only 9 so far but we have Inniss, odea, ( who I think is def away after handing his strip into the crowd on Wednesday) maybe kerr, Curran, parish, who knows but one thing for sure McIntyre ain’t messing around 😎😎

Miller's done a good job for us.
I'm hoping this means we are getting a different Celtic player on loan.
Would be delighted if its Jack Henry.

2 minutes ago, Parcbara said:

Inniss never gets a game

The only two games he's started since October have been the games against Celtic, when McIntyre was happy to save players for more winnable matches.

I'm sure efforts will be made in the next week to cancel that loan arrangement.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Cobra said:

Have to say I'm surprised how quickly folk have turned on Calvin. I still think he's been a successful signing and wouldn't like to see him return to Celtic. Maybe the break will do him good. It must be quite draining to be in a relegation battle when you've barely played professional football before.

Too late cobra

15 minutes ago, Hamishlebaux19 said:

100% this, has to be as why get rid of at least a dozen players, I know it’s only 9 so far but we have Inniss, odea, ( who I think is def away after handing his strip into the crowd on Wednesday) maybe kerr, Curran, parish, who knows but one thing for sure McIntyre ain’t messing around 😎😎

I think we're all agreed that St Johnstone's relative success is down to stability and our lack of stability contributes to our struggles. Clearly then we need to hang on to certain players if we're going to avoid another painful transitionary period.

McGowan, Kerr and O'Dea have great desire and are veterans at getting Dundee out of trouble so we can't afford to let those three leave.

Curran is toiling at this level but needs first team football so I think we should try and get him a Championship club. Still time for him to kick on so I wouldn't give up on him yet either.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Cobra said:

I think we're all agreed that St Johnstone's relative success is down to stability and our lack of stability contributes to our struggles. Clearly then we need to hang on to certain players if we're going to avoid another painful transitionary period.

McGowan, Kerr and O'Dea have great desire and are veterans at getting Dundee out of trouble so we can't afford to let those three leave.

Curran is toiling at this level but needs first team football so I think we should try and get him a Championship club. Still time for him to kick on so I wouldn't give up on him yet either.

Agree, I think a stint on loan in the championship would do Curren the world of good, would hopefully also give him the time to strengthen up. A club like ICT might be ideal, however I wouldn’t rule out a loan swap with Gardyne coming to us and Curren going the other way.

Wjile I understand your sentiment with McGowan, I reckon he’s part of the fundamental reasons we are poor, the whole midfield is poor and that includes him. We need an entire new midfield who can defend and attack, unfortunately McGowan while giving 100% commitment, is neither a good defensive midfielder nor a decent attacking midfielder. I would keep him for the bench however.

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, Chomp my root said:

Official must be busy, I can't get on. :(

Their servers are underpowered and need optimised.

1 minute ago, TheDarkBlues said:

So are their f**cking goalies, defenders, midfielders and strikers!

• Funny 7

1 minute ago, TheDarkBlues said:

Are we still blaming John Nelms for everything ??? If so Goddamn you John Nelms.

giphy.gif

• Funny 1

2 minutes ago, TheDarkBlues said:

Is this a painful procedure John? ... I think I could do with a bit o' this "optimisation" :excited:

16 minutes ago, Cobra said:

I agree with what you are saying cobra, but we have try and think what McIntyre is thinking, maybe the guys he has lined up are the areas where we think are ok, I really like kerr, odea, McGowan, but maybe McIntyre doesn’t, as I said previously, odea ran to the coxy on Wednesday and ha did hos strip over, and then went on to shake hands with the rest of the Dundee team that were left on the pitch,  I am maybe eating too much into it, hope not as I would like odea to be here after January, we don’t have long to wait until decisions are made public, for the good of Dundee fc 😎😎

• Like 1

I think that Curran would fare better in a strimmer dundee team allowing him some space to develop and strengthen.  He isn't ready to play every week in our current situation.

45 minutes ago, Gedee said:

Is this a painful procedure John? ... I think I could do with a bit o' this "optimisation" :excited:

I'm not a doctor, so I couldn't say whether it would be or not. However, I have this bottle of snake oil that cures all ailments, which I could sell you for a reasonable price? £150 and it's all yours? ;)

Thought Miller was decent going forward in possesion.

Defensively he was a nightmare and he always has a habit of running inside in to trouble and giving away stupid fouls.