Adblock Detected

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.

Our New Manager . I Have My Doubts

TC86

Adblock Detected

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
5 hours ago, DBDU said:

Yes it would be a success in a way staying up I DO get that but we then need a style of paly and the personnel to implement that style that can see us progress as a club so on that note I hope you're right and ista  short tram or loan deal because otherwise we are stuck with more of the same below standard players on long term deals .

We can only progress as a club if we are in the SPL next season...nothing else matters.

4 hours ago, Dondeh said:

How long will Keyes continue to accept Nelms spunking his money up the wall?. Another major worry imo. 

It is a worry. Hindsight is a great thing but looking back we could've employed a DOF to oversee football matters and let Nelms deal with the business side and been better off financially. We've made an incredible amount of mistakes and it's nothing short of a miracle that we're still in the big league. Barry Smith, John Brown, Paul Hartley, Neil McCann and now Jim McIntyre in the managers hotseat and countless players in and out the door, not to mention coaches, physios, trainers, office staff, directors etc, etc. Meanwhile Nelms, apparently untouchable, sits tight.

• Like 1
  • Star Post 2

16 minutes ago, Mr Sensible said:

We can only progress as a club if we are in the SPL next season...nothing else matters.

I think we'll attempt to deflect attention away from the current relegation threat by announcing our intentions to play Celtic on the moon next season. Meanwhile 13 ex-Ross County players will slip quietly through the doors and Glen Kamara will sign for Rangers for a tube of smarties due to an exit clause. Nelms will reiterate that the new stadium will go ahead even if we're relegated and that FPS are as committed as ever to returning DFC to the top levels of Scottish football.

7 hours ago, DBDU said:

Next up and on that note  I have to say it looks to me as though we are now pretty much resulting to pumping the ball back to front as our game plan . People are moaning saying Kamara isn't involved as much as before but its small wonder when the ball is sailing over his head any time our keeper or back 4 get hold of it . We were playing through him before but get it up the park at the earliest opportunity now seems to be the preferred tactics and let me say its not working and its not going to . 

He started on Saturday with Kamara and without Kallman. It meant we had to play it short and try and work it out from the back. Because St Johnstone are big and solid across the back there was no point in humping it long with K Miller and Gowser trying to win the ball. We did have to resort to route one at times though because the midfield simply didn't move, didn't want the ball, couldn't find space and when we did get the ball to Kamara or Woods, it simply came back the way again. 

That, as much as anything, was why Kallman came on and Kamara went off. Playing it short was getting us nowhere and the lack of movement from the midfield had resulted in Hamilton seeing more and more of the ball again (never a good thing) as the defenders didn't have anywhere else to play it. That's when we started going long and even then Hamilton did look to throw/roll it out to defenders during the second half. 

We weren't good enough to play silky soccer when it was the game plan, so why would we suddenly be adept at it when the game plan is more about mixing it up and being more direct?

I'm no fan of McIntyre. I didn't think his appointment was a good idea but folk looking for him to get us to 10th while outplaying teams 20 points better off than us roughly half way through the season are always going to be disappointed. There isn't a manager out there capable of turning this shower of sh**e into a great team in a matter of weeks. If McIntyre can stop us going down in any shape or form I'll shake his hand and say well done.

• Like 4

McIntyre took a very poor Ross County side and turned them into cup winners.  That said, he inherited a squad at County that were used to battling hard every game whereas there are a large number of players currently at Dens who have no intention of working hard or fighting for the jersey.   I would rather have a Cammy Fraser or John Brown type, who despite their obvious talent would also get stuck in and work hard for the team, than someone with loads of talent who hides when things aren't going well.  Hopefully McIntyre can find someone like that during the transfer window.  If he does somehow find some hidden gems then he would be a miracle worker.  If we do end up getting relegated then I don't think he can be blamed as January is not an easy time to pick up quality players unless a club is willing to throw millions around and I would like to see him given more time rather than starting again with a new manager.  His style is well suited to doing well in the Championship.

13 minutes ago, Mev said:

McIntyre took a very poor Ross County side and turned them into cup winners.  That said, he inherited a squad at County that were used to battling hard every game whereas there are a large number of players currently at Dens who have no intention of working hard or fighting for the jersey.   I would rather have a Cammy Fraser or John Brown type, who despite their obvious talent would also get stuck in and work hard for the team, than someone with loads of talent who hides when things aren't going well.  Hopefully McIntyre can find someone like that during the transfer window.  If he does somehow find some hidden gems then he would be a miracle worker.  If we do end up getting relegated then I don't think he can be blamed as January is not an easy time to pick up quality players unless a club is willing to throw millions around and I would like to see him given more time rather than starting again with a new manager.  His style is well suited to doing well in the Championship.

I think searching for hidden gems has been our downfall. Tried and tested and reliable warriors is what we need right now. The hidden gems can stay Feckin hidden, it's not a rehab clinic were running here.

• Like 1
  • Star Post 1

2 minutes ago, Reverend Lovejoy said:

I think searching for hidden gems has been our downfall. Tried and tested and reliable warriors is what we need right now. The hidden gems can stay Feckin hidden, it's not a rehab clinic were running here.

I don't think there will be many tried and tested reliable warriors available in the January window Rev.  Cammy Fraser and Tommy Coyne were struggling in other sides reserve teams when Dundee signed them.  They were definitely hidden gems so I'm  sticking to what I said.  

10 minutes ago, Mev said:

I don't think there will be many tried and tested reliable warriors available in the January window Rev.  Cammy Fraser and Tommy Coyne were struggling in other sides reserve teams when Dundee signed them.  They were definitely hidden gems so I'm  sticking to what I said.  

JM's tried & trusted players are what we need imo. He knows what he's getting and that they'll play for him. We can gamble on unearthing hidden gems again, as we've done for the lasts 3/4 seasons, but I'd be astonished if we did. I'm pretty sure that Fraser and Coyne were well known about prior to signing here and wouldn't be classed as hidden gems. We only had to cross the street to see Coyne in action. I think he had something like 50 goals to his name before joining us.

I think we are in agreement on the type of player we need, just a difference of opinion on a play on words.  I hope JM will know of players with the necessary qualities to help get us out of this mess.   We seriously need those with spirit, like we had during the defiant season when every player who pulled on the jersey gave their all and the pressure they were under only served to get the best out of them.  There's been a serious lack of defiant spirit  displayed by most of our players recently. 

27 minutes ago, Mev said:

I think we are in agreement on the type of player we need, just a difference of opinion on a play on words.  I hope JM will know of players with the necessary qualities to help get us out of this mess.   We seriously need those with spirit, like we had during the defiant season when every player who pulled on the jersey gave their all and the pressure they were under only served to get the best out of them.  There's been a serious lack of defiant spirit  displayed by most of our players recently. 

Maybe in agreement on certain things but definitely not on the unearthing hidden gems thing. If we go down that road were Fooked without a massive stroke of good luck. We need known quantities not gambles, we need players who'll hit the ground running. JM needs to know exactly what he's getting from his new signings, he can't possibly get that if he's bringing in unknowns hoping that one of them comes good. We'd have been as well keeping NM.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Reverend Lovejoy said:

Maybe in agreement on certain things but definitely not on the unearthing hidden gems thing. If we go down that road were Fooked without a massive stroke of good luck. We need known quantities not gambles, we need players who'll hit the ground running. JM needs to know exactly what he's getting from his new signings, he can't possibly get that if he's bringing in unknowns hoping that one of them comes good. We'd have been as well keeping NM.

I'm sorry I ever used the term 'hidden gems'.  Please please forgive me.  

• Like 1

Adblock Detected