The Dark Blues

Rate this topic

2 match ban effective immediately for his antics in the Livi match which saw Jack Hamilton sent off. 

So glad he cheated and made a complete fool of himself for the cause of the team. Totally worth it. So glad we're finally a 'street wise' team these days.

Int that right?

• Star Post 1

And yet Morelos goes through the Old Firm game kicking, grabbing etc and has no case to answer......

• Like 6
  • Star Post 2

1 minute ago, SouthsideDee said:

And yet Morelos goes through the Old Firm game kicking, grabbing etc and has no case to answer......

Yep, mental that O'Dea gets handed a retrospective ban for something the ref claims to have seen but got wrong, yet Morelos gets nothing due to the ref seeing all 3 and taking no action. Bonkers!! 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Frank Grimes said:

So glad he cheated and made a complete fool of himself for the cause of the team. Totally worth it. So glad we're finally a 'street wise' team these days.

Int that right?

Everyone's entitled to an opinion.

Couldn't wait to post that though eh?. Well done.⭐👏

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Ricky Spanish said:

Yep, mental that O'Dea gets handed a retrospective ban for something the ref claims to have seen but got wrong, yet Morelos gets nothing due to the ref seeing all 3 and taking no action. Bonkers!! 

I think the difference is that the ref in the Rangers/Celtic game claims he saw the incident(s) whereas the ref in our game clearly didn't see O'Dea playacting.

12 minutes ago, Frank Grimes said:

Int that right?

No we are not.  Why did we not do the same for that Killie cheating chunt diving, that resulted in them getting a goal and 3 points (and hastened the sacking of a Manager). 

Livie were never going to get 3 points from that game.

Phucking fuming at this 🤬

Edited by Dondeh

The Scottish football authorities are a joke. That's not going to change any time soon.

O'Dea missing two games isn't the end of the world though. We'll need four centre-back options for the remainder of the season so I doubt it will make much difference.

2 minutes ago, Reverend Lovejoy said:

I think the difference is that the ref in the Rangers/Celtic game claims he saw the incident(s) whereas the ref in our game clearly didn't see O'Dea playacting.

But the ref in our game claimed he saw the incident, reported it as a push in the face. Ref in the OF match also claimed he saw all 3 incidents (but got all 3 wrong) , which was the reason given for Morelos escaping punishment. Surely if the SFA are saying no further action due to the ref reporting all 3 incidents re Morelos, it should be the same for O'Dea?? 

11 minutes ago, Ricky Spanish said:

I wonder which Masonic lodge the referee at last Saturday’s Old Firm game is a member of. 

While the ban is probably fair...what's the bloody point of these panels...do the old firm get separate ones from the rest of us...

Morelos numerous times this season

Allan MacGregor punching elbowing and kicking players live on the telly

Lustig diving against us to win a penalty in the 5 -0 drubbing yet they never seem to have a case to answer to.

1 minute ago, Ricky Spanish said:

But the ref in our game claimed he saw the incident, reported it as a push in the face. Ref in the OF match also claimed he saw all 3 incidents (but got all 3 wrong) , which was the reason given for Morelos escaping punishment. Surely if the SFA are saying no further action due to the ref reporting all 3 incidents re Morelos, it should be the same for O'Dea?? 

Rangers are heavily reliant of Morelos for goals this season and a ban would damage their hopes of mounting a title challenge, which many will be desperate to see.

I accept the SFA’s decision. In the heat of battle I’ve reacted in the wrong manner to gain an advantage. I’m embarrassed by it as it’s not the example to set. I apologise to Livingston FC and Jack Hamilton.

14 minutes ago, Reverend Lovejoy said:

Everyone's entitled to an opinion.

Couldn't wait to post that though eh?. Well done.⭐👏

Couldn't log on quick enough when I heard the news. Justice done.

2 minutes ago, Dondeh said:

I accept the SFA’s decision. In the heat of battle I’ve reacted in the wrong manner to gain an advantage. I’m embarrassed by it as it’s not the example to set. I apologise to Livingston FC and Jack Hamilton.

Had Morelos been handed a ban, do we think he'd have had the same humility? 🤔

No chance of Morelos or Jones apologising for cheating to win at all costs. 

Darren O’Dea is a perfect gentleman for apologising for the actions to try to gain an unfair advantage. It is a pity that the referee at the Dundee v Livingston game on Boxing Day did not book more Livingston players for their numerous unpunished fouls and diving to gain an  unfair advantage. 

Lower league teams are playing, loan him out to Arbroath for two games.

• Funny 1
  • Like 2
  • Star Post 1

8 minutes ago, Ricky Spanish said:

Had Morelos been handed a ban, do we think he'd have had the same humility? 🤔

No. 

and guess who's signing for Rangers?.

That cheating, diving chunt Jones.  

Don't blame O'Dea for what he did. It's frustrating as hell to watch your team being cheated. St Mirren cheated to gain an advantage in our hugely important game at Dens. Killie cheated to gain an advantage in the game that got McCann sacked. Celtic cheated to get their crucial second goal at Dens.

Are we supposed to bend over and get shafted time and again because the opposition are dishonest and the authorities aren't willing to pay for video technology?

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Harry94 said:

Lower league teams are playing, loan him out to Arbroath for two games.

Love it!! Although SFA would probably try to punish us for getting round the ban in such a manner, citing sportsmanship etc, cobble together some ridiculous unprecedented rule 😏

1 minute ago, Ricky Spanish said:

Love it!! Although SFA would probably try to punish us for getting round the ban in such a manner, citing sportsmanship etc, cobble together some ridiculous unprecedented rule 😏

I'd seriously be looking into the laws of the game. We did get away with the Jake Hyde dodge a few years ago!

1 minute ago, Harry94 said:

I'd seriously be looking into the laws of the game. We did get away with the Jake Hyde dodge a few years ago!

That was genius that one!! Desperate times etc, but no doubt the powers that be would find a new way to do us, just like the 25pts deduction they cobbled together ad-hoc. 

Whatever next from the powers that be in Scottish football?. Here's a good ane:-

A winter shut down for the SPL teams with undersoil heating and plastic pitches, whilst the lower leagues of Scottish professional football carries on. 

Genius idea.

Edited by Dondeh
  • Like 2
  • Star Post 1

O'dea  2 game ban for fake assault ? morales  nothing for 3 assaults ? just shows bigots run scottish football

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Dondeh said:

Whatever next from the powers that be in Scottish football?. Here's a good ane:-

A winter shut down for the SPL teams with undersoil heating and plastic pitches, whilst the lower leagues of Scottish professional football carries on. 

Genius idea.

One off the reasons we will never go to a major tournament cause there clueless why do you think john nelms got on the board