Jump to content
The Dark Blues

Rate this topic

Recommended Posts

Anyone remember this? I think it's clear for all to see that Scottish Football has had a pro Dundee stance for at least 75 years and are doing anything they can to keep us in the league. 

Honestly lads, give me enough time and I'll find you fans from all 42 clubs who think there's an agenda from refs against their clubs. And they'll all say so without a shred of irony. Like on this thread. 

O'Dea cheats. Gets punished. Confesses his guilt. Let's write to the refs chief and get foreign refs in cos this is a conspiracy and we got a bad decision in the 60s once. 

Dt_Np_TXQAAxzsG.jpg

Edited by Frank Grimes
  • Star Post 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, PolarBear said:

It's a fact though. They changed the referee for no reason in1986 when we played Hearts and put a well-known HEARTS fan Bill Crombie in charge of the game. If Hearts won at Dens they were champs. Albert Kidd scored two and Celtic ended up champs. Where else on planet Earth would a ref be swapped for no reason and a ref who supported the team who could win the league on the last day be put in charge of the game. It actually happened.  Let's just sit back and see how it all unfurls.

But...I thought they were all freemasons out to stop Celtic? What happened in 86? Did the rebel forces overpower them?

  • Funny 1
  • Star Post 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, Frank Grimes said:

But...I thought they were all freemasons out to stop Celtic? What happened in 86? Did the rebel forces overpower them?

It's..  I.. Do yo.. :huh:

I take back what I said earlier. This has legs, let it run. 

  • Funny 1
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Most top refs ARE freemasons, they don't get to the top by talent. Let's just sit back and see what else goes for Rangers now they are back in the hunt. Morelos scandal will just be the start, he could have been off three times in that game and our guy gets a two game ban. As Calimero used to say, "It's an injustice". 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, WeighorstsWang said:

Of course people should be pleased that cheats are being banned. Why shouldn't they be? 

"A player we have been depending on"? Maybe that player should have a long hard look in the mirror then.

I agree that ODea should be punished as he cheated, no issue with that. What I do have an issue with is the complete and utter incompetence of the SFA. Did ODea deserve to be punished, yes. Did McGregor deserved to be punished, yes. Did Morelos deserve to be punished three times, yes (and there are countless others). Yet, only one of those players has been correctly punished. That’s what’s wrong and that is what I think is getting on everyone’s mind. 

Lets be honest, if Morelos played for Aberdeen, if McGregor played for Hearts and if Scott Brown was with Hibs each one of these players would have been found guilty and would have been banned. But because they play for the two a**e cheeks the SFA find loopholes or blatantly cheat themselves to avoid having to make the proper decision.

  • Star Post 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, WeighorstsWang said:

Absolutely no sympathy. Just because somebody else gets away with being a cheat doesn't mean that we should feel aggrieved our player never. Take a step back and read what you're saying.

 

The decision for Ralph was absolutely spot on. 

No need for me to re read what im saying- I’ll continue to feel aggrieved whilst there is such utter inconsistency in the decision making. I used our player as it’s more meaningful for a dundee forum but I could have listed numerous examples where I feel the same. 

Ralph wasn’t last man so explain why it’s “spot on”. It’s arguably a red in the spirit of the game but not by the current laws and the way the appeals process is allegedly and reportedly applied. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, WeighorstsWang said:

Of course people should be pleased that cheats are being banned. Why shouldn't they be? 

"A player we have been depending on"? Maybe that player should have a long hard look in the mirror then.

It was the celebratory manner of Franks post that bamboozled me. I’d like to see the same rule applied  to every player but this week yet again highlights the inconsistency of the decisions.

Ill continue to feel aggrieved at the administrators  whilst there is no consistency. 

My post clearly gives my view on Odea’s  actions. Maybe you’d like to re read it? 

  • Like 2
  • Star Post 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, Valentke said:

It’s arguably a red in the spirit of the game

It's not arguably a red, it's a red. Whether the correct law was used to show it is irrelevant in this case. It was a terrible tackle.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, PolarBear said:

The SFA and most top grade referees are freemasons, many are members of the orange order. Now that Celtics hold on title number 8 is slipping a bit the shameful decisions going Rangers way and against Celtic are certain to increase . Nothing could be surer.

St Mirren's Simeon Jackson went down after no contact to win a penalty at Dens. It changed the result and it wasn't even looked at by the panel.

Darren O'Dea went down after contact (but made a meal of it). It didn't change the result and he got a two-match ban.

That's fucked up IMO.

  • Like 3
  • Star Post 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, WeighorstsWang said:

It's not arguably a red, it's a red. Whether the correct law was used to show it is irrelevant in this case. It was a terrible tackle.

Do you not get where I’m coming from at all? The current appeal rules are a farce but the rules of appeal mean the red should have been over turned.

if he had been red carded for aggressive and dangerous play then there is no argument but he wasn’t. 

We are back to consistency and transparency again and to be clear I don’t think there is any bias. 

  • Like 1
  • Star Post 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Banning players if guilty of cheating is pointless the damage is done.....the st mirren and Killie penalties at dens were both given even though both players cheated to win them...does anyone actually think that Jones cared that he was banned.he got his win bonus and Killie got 3 points ....do what they do in athletics if a member of a relay team gets found guilty of cheating the whole team suffer...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, Valentke said:

It was the celebratory manner of Franks post that bamboozled me. I’d like to see the same rule applied  to every player but this week yet again highlights the inconsistency of the decisions.

Ill continue to feel aggrieved at the administrators  whilst there is no consistency. 

My post clearly gives my view on Odea’s  actions. Maybe you’d like to re read it? 

My post was a bit of a GIRUY to our fans who celebrated O'Deas actions at the time and called it street wise. It was embarrassing.

We don't get to complain about refs being inconsistent if we openly condone or even commend our own players cheating. And no one complains about inconsistency when decisions go in our favour. Not a peep about Laffertys disallowed goal or Odeas blatant pull against livi so let's not pretend we're all outraged by inconsistency. 

And Ralph's tackle deserved a straight red. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Charliedee said:

Banning players if guilty of cheating is pointless the damage is done.....the st mirren and Killie penalties at dens were both given even though both players cheated to win them...does anyone actually think that Jones cared that he was banned.he got his win bonus and Killie got 3 points ....do what they do in athletics if a member of a relay team gets found guilty of cheating the whole team suffer...

Jones was certainly irritated by his two-game ban. He responded to the ban by posting about the SFA's ridiculous inconsistency.

He would have cared a lot more if he was hit with a six-game ban or if his team was deducted two points. In fact, he wouldn't have done it in the first place if he knew there would be a significant punishment.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

There's a whole lot of holier than thou going on here.

I don't think there are many people here suggesting O'Dea is in the right. He himself has admitted he was wrong. However the punishments are out of proportion and the lack of consistency is ridiculous. I'm not even vaguely buying that there's some conspiracy theory, there's just some really bad decision making being done both on the park and then afterwards.

Someone really needs to lay down clear sets of rules that are followed for each and every game and each and every tackle/incident/throw in/ etc within a game. If we can't afford VAR, then we need to make the retrospective punishment as clear and transparent as it can be and need to stop pretending we can make retrospective decisions for some things and and not others, because it all effects the outcome of a game. 

At the moment everyone can see that there is a complete breakdown between the fans, clubs and authorities and that can't be good for anyone.

Over and above that, I watch grown men cheat at football week in, week out. What O'Dea did was wrong but I sure as hell won't be clapping my hands with glee that one of our players has been suspended. 

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Frank Grimes said:

My post was a bit of a GIRUY to our fans who celebrated O'Deas actions at the time and called it street wise. It was embarrassing.

We don't get to complain about refs being inconsistent if we openly condone or even commend our own players cheating. And no one complains about inconsistency when decisions go in our favour. Not a peep about Laffertys disallowed goal or Odeas blatant pull against livi so let's not pretend we're all outraged by inconsistency. 

And Ralph's tackle deserved a straight red. 

 

Were Celtic, St Mirren and Killie fans embarrassed to see their players cheat to get the better of Dundee? No they didn't give a f**k. They were just happy to take the points. Even their managers defended their players' actions.

Until we get video technology we're involved in a league of dishonesty and nobody will give a f**k about Dundee getting relegated while playing fair.

  • Like 2
  • Star Post 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Frank Grimes said:

My post was a bit of a GIRUY to our fans who celebrated O'Deas actions at the time and called it street wise. It was embarrassing.

At the time it genuinely looked from where we were in the Coxy that the lad had kicked out at O'Dea. I shouted for a red, because it 100% looked like one from the angle and distance we were from it.

Do I deserve a GIRUY?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, Valentke said:

Do you not get where I’m coming from at all?

I fully understand where you're coming from regarding consistency and transparency. 

What I don't understand is folk moaning about other players getting off with it and saying that like it's some sort of prejudice against Dundee (or everyone Out with the Old Firm). The thing is, numerous players get off with all manners of things - some against the Old Firm. What happens when that happens? People laugh and say "well Celtic and Rangers get away with it all the time!" 

Take the punishment that has correctly been dished out and move on.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, PolarBear said:

It's a fact though. They changed the referee for no reason in1986 when we played Hearts and put a well-known HEARTS fan Bill Crombie in charge of the game. If Hearts won at Dens they were champs. Albert Kidd scored two and Celtic ended up champs. Where else on planet Earth would a ref be swapped for no reason and a ref who supported the team who could win the league on the last day be put in charge of the game. It actually happened.  Let's just sit back and see how it all unfurls.

And that referee failed to award Hearts a stonewall penalty early in the game.....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Cobra said:

Were Celtic, St Mirren and Killie fans embarrassed to see their players cheat to get the better of Dundee? No they didn't give a f**k. They were just happy to take the points. Even their managers defended their players' actions.

Until we get video technology we're involved in a league of dishonesty and nobody will give a f**k about Dundee getting relegated while playing fair.

Some folk would rather we got relegated.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Barkblue said:

There's a whole lot of holier than thou going on here.

I don't think there are many people here suggesting O'Dea is in the right. He himself has admitted he was wrong. However the punishments are out of proportion and the lack of consistency is ridiculous. I'm not even vaguely buying that there's some conspiracy theory, there's just some really bad decision making being done both on the park and then afterwards.

Someone really needs to lay down clear sets of rules that are followed for each and every game and each and every tackle/incident/throw in/ etc within a game. If we can't afford VAR, then we need to make the retrospective punishment as clear and transparent as it can be and need to stop pretending we can make retrospective decisions for some things and and not others, because it all effects the outcome of a game. 

At the moment everyone can see that there is a complete breakdown between the fans, clubs and authorities and that can't be good for anyone.

Over and above that, I watch grown men cheat at football week in, week out. What O'Dea did was wrong but I sure as hell won't be clapping my hands with glee that one of our players has been suspended. 

I've thought for a long time that the officials should be able to retrospectively view footage of games and either issue further cards or revoke them. Heftier bans would 'encourage' managers to stop their players cheating. It wouldn't be a 'cure all', some would still consider cheating in Cup finals for example worth it but if we could discourage the cheating culture from the game it would be better all round.

As for conspiracy theories, where's your sense of adventure, I'm sure the illuminati are hell bent on stopping Sellick's 10 in a row, world domination is on the back burner for now. :lol2:

  • Funny 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Any goals scored as a result of a player cheating...ie diving in the box should be stricken from the record books and results adjusted 

 

So Dundee ,1-1 Killie

Dundee 1-0 st mirren......give us our 4 points now 😀

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Barkblue said:

At the time it genuinely looked from where we were in the Coxy that the lad had kicked out at O'Dea. I shouted for a red, because it 100% looked like one from the angle and distance we were from it.

Do I deserve a GIRUY?

Depends, were you ok with Odeas action when you realised what he's done in the replays? Did you call it streetwise and say it's by time our players showed some toughness?

If so then yes. If not then no.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The only reason O'Dea got banned is because he was hit in the arm/chest and went down holding his head. If he went down holding his arm/chest Jack Hamilton would have probably got his red card and nobody would have batted an eye. As it was O'Dea gave Sportscene something to get outraged about and gave something for the panel to do (other than ignoring the antics of Morelos). Streetwise it wasn't.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Chomp my root said:

I've thought for a long time that the officials should be able to retrospectively view footage of games and either issue further cards or revoke them. Heftier bans would 'encourage' managers to stop their players cheating. It wouldn't be a 'cure all', some would still consider cheating in Cup finals for example worth it but if we could discourage the cheating culture from the game it would be better all round.

As for conspiracy theories, where's your sense of adventure, I'm sure the illuminati are hell bent on stopping Sellick's 10 in a row, world domination is on the back burner for now. :lol2:

I couldn't give this the thumbs up and the lol but it deserves both!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

There's not a hope in he'll if O'Dea went down holding his arm that Hamilton would have been sent off. Hamilton would have rightly been yellow carded and O'Dea would have been too, correctly. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing

    0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.