Jump to content
The Dark Blues
UWTB1893

News:Curran Crosses the Road To Join Dundee

Rate this topic

Recommended Posts

2 hours ago, Reverend Lovejoy said:

He's being involved 16 times this season. Hardly someone who can't get a game!!!!.

If you can't find anything negative though why not just make it up?.

Rev he is a terrible player, he doesn’t have a clue plus he supports the Dabs, sorted I’ve just made this up 😂

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Gblue said:

Rev he is a terrible player, he doesn’t have a clue plus he supports the Dabs, sorted I’ve just made this up 😂

Honesty is the best policy mate.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, Iain T Campbell said:

As the great Jock Stein used to say, "the best form of defence is attack." I am afraid we have lost sight of that in a big way in our day.

Hi Ian

The first time I seen the Dee's in a cup final was 1967 - 1968 League Cup Final v Celtic, who had just won the European Cup a few months earlier, we scored 3 goals George Mclean (2) Jim Mclean (1)  and all but matched them going forward but they scored 5, fantastic game, however, IMO our defence let us down.  I could hardly argue with Stein's philosophy of "attack as the best defence" but I'm sure he would even agree it helps if your defence is solid as his Celtic side proved in the European Cup semi against Duckla  Prague 0 - 0 .

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Reverend Lovejoy said:

He's being involved 16 times this season. Hardly someone who can't get a game!!!!.

If you can't find anything negative though why not just make it up?.

I'm sorry REV but I'm in no position to "make things up", all I know about football outside Dens I read on here. In retrospect I was a bit hasty in only reading one post on his games played but do you really think we should be giving two year deals to someone who, it looks like, couldn't get a game for Nuneaton.

  • Wowzer 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Travellingdee said:

I'm sorry REV but I'm in no position to "make things up", all I know about football outside Dens I read on here. In retrospect I was a bit hasty in only reading one post on his games played but do you really think we should be giving two year deals to someone who, it looks like, couldn't get a game for Nuneaton.

Curran has played almost 400  career games with around 100 of them for McIntyre at Ross County.

Couldn't get a game for Nuneaton though.🙄

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Travellingdee said:

I'm sorry REV but I'm in no position to "make things up", all I know about football outside Dens I read on here. In retrospect I was a bit hasty in only reading one post on his games played but do you really think we should be giving two year deals to someone who, it looks like, couldn't get a game for Nuneaton.

I don't want to be dickish about this but according to wiki, he last played for Nuneaton in 2015, since then he's had a fair few games, most of them in this league and for our current manager. 

I soooo hope you're looking for a bite, mostly for your sake.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Welcome to dens Curran. Hope it works out better than across the road! 

3 year deal is pretty crazy. We just do not learn our lessons on that. So much money at this club gets wasted because we’ve given average players long term deals. 

  • Wowzer 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Chomp my root said:

I don't want to be dickish about this but according to wiki, he last played for Nuneaton in 2015, since then he's had a fair few games, most of them in this league and for our current manager. 

I soooo hope you're looking for a bite, mostly for your sake.

Can you explain this to me please?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Travellingdee said:

Can you explain this to me please?

If you genuinely think that the player's form 4 years ago has any bearing on his current form then you have my sympathy. If he hadn't kicked a ball since playing for Nuneaton then you might have a point but seeing as how that's not the case.......

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Chomp my root said:

If you genuinely think that the player's form 4 years ago has any bearing on his current form then you have my sympathy. If he hadn't kicked a ball since playing for Nuneaton then you might have a point but seeing as how that's not the case.......

Looking at it that way you may be right but he's now on his seventh Nuneaton.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Edin_Dee said:

Welcome to dens Curran. Hope it works out better than across the road! 

3 year deal is pretty crazy. We just do not learn our lessons on that. So much money at this club gets wasted because we’ve given average players long term deals. 

He was involved in 16/17 out of 20 games for Utd. He's been given a 2, maybe 2.5yr, deal. He may well turn out to be average but shouldn't we wait to see him in action first?.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Travellingdee said:

Looking at it that way you may be right but he's now on his seventh Nuneaton.

Your turn to explain, I've no idea what you mean. Sorry.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Think its an awful signing tbh.We`re signing a guy of a poor utd side that they didnt want to keep , that kinda tells a story there , length of contract is beggers belief too.
 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If you buy four pehs in Birmingham, how many have you got left after driving east for 40 miles?

You've still got four. Nuneaton.

  • Funny 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Cobra said:

If you buy four pehs in Birmingham, how many have you got left after driving east for 40 miles?

You've still got four. Nuneaton.

To be fair I'd probably have crumbs but that says more about me. :blush:

  • Funny 1
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Cobra said:

If you buy four pehs in Birmingham, how many have you got left after driving east for 40 miles?

You've still got four. Nuneaton.

Not being racist but you've mair chance of getting samosas in Birmingham than pehs.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Reverend Lovejoy said:

Not being racist but you've mair chance of getting samosas in Birmingham than pehs.

They'd be tanned as well..... 

  • Funny 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, CC33 said:

Think its an awful signing tbh

Based on what CC?. Genuinely not getting people's problem with this guy. I'm certain that not many have seen him in action or can recall seeing him if they have.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Reverend Lovejoy said:

Based on what CC?. Genuinely not getting people's problem with this guy. I'm certain that not many have seen him in action or can recall seeing him if they have.

We`re signing a player that a p1ss poor side dont want

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Could Curran be JM's Simon Murray?.

Asking for a friend 😉

Edited by Dondeh
  • Funny 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, CC33 said:

We`re signing a player that a p1ss poor side dont want

He maybe asked for a move. Neilson needed to free up space to bring in his own men. Curran was in involved in almost all of Utd's games this season. That doesn't sound like someone who wasn't wanted.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Reverend Lovejoy said:

He maybe asked for a move. Neilson needed to free up space to bring in his own men. Curran was in involved in almost all of Utd's games this season. That doesn't sound like someone who wasn't wanted.

Why would utd let him go if he was important to them / im not being a pr1ck to you bud just think its a bad signing .

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, CC33 said:

Why would utd let him go if he was important to them / im not being a pr1ck to you bud just think its a bad signing .

If you read the whole thread there's various, plausible, explanations. I don't know who your favourite current Dee player is but I'm almost 100% certain that if another club offered to take that player off our hands and it allowed our new manager, in his first window, the opportunity to bring in one of his own men he'd accept the offer. Does that make our player sh**e?.

Obviously there would be one or two exceptions but you get my point.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Reverend Lovejoy said:

He was involved in 16/17 out of 20 games for Utd. He's been given a 2, maybe 2.5yr, deal. He may well turn out to be average but shouldn't we wait to see him in action first?.

We have several players who have players who have played 16 times but they are out the door.  I would rather see him in actiion for 6 months with a promise for an extension if he does well.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Chomp my root said:

Your turn to explain, I've no idea what you mean. Sorry.

Let me put it this way. I don't know  how  long he's been proffesional I'm guerssing 10 years and in that time he's had 7 clubs. IMO not the ideal person to be handing out long term contracts to.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing

    0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.