The Dark Blues
Sign in to follow this  
Napper

PCA's

Rate this topic

Can they be cancelled by either side before the player moves to the new club? My point being, say Kamara gets injured between now and the end of the season, can sevco cancel the deal.. and. if that's the case, surely Kamara has to be benched till the summer as he can't be trusted to putting his all into being part of getting us out of the deep doo doo..

I know players have broken them in the past, don't know of a club breaking one but there are much more knowledgeable guys than me on here.

If either side pulls out of a PCA there will probably be a bitter fall-out, possible legal action and some bad press.

Ross County paid St Johnstone to make the problem go away after Richard Brittain changed his mind. Don't think it's been tested in the courts yet.

Bottom line is Kamara is not 100% a Rangers player so we simply cannot rely on him between now and the end of the season. 

5 minutes ago, Charliedee said:

I don't think they are worth the paper they are written on 

I'd guess that breaking one doesn't do your reputation any good in the football world.

1 minute ago, Chomp my root said:

I'd guess that breaking one doesn't do your reputation any good in the football world.

Reputation in the football world 😂it's all about money and if kamaras agent got a call from another club offering a better deal than what rangers are offering you can put money on it that they'd go and have talks with club 

12 minutes ago, Charliedee said:

Reputation in the football world 😂it's all about money and if kamaras agent got a call from another club offering a better deal than what rangers are offering you can put money on it that they'd go and have talks with club 

Lets hope so. 👍

Might get a fee after all.

I do get your point but in every group there are some set of 'rules' or 'mores' and even now, Mo Johnston is known for signing for one club but then signing for another, he was at the top end of the game at the time too.sh*t sticks.

The club can't not sign a player because they are injured - it's something which has been addressed in court before.

I don't think there's any way to actually get out of it from the club's side unless Kamara has maybe done something wrong (like hide medical details etc).

The stuff about them not being worth the paper they are written on is a bit of a myth. There are escape routes but they usually end up in some issues, like the Richard Brittain one where County paid money to get him back.

A lot of the examples people cite are of scenarios where it's just not been tested legally or hasn't been done properly. Callum Elliot, for example, signed for Livi and then rocked up at Raith. Livi never registered this with the SFA and their complaints were that it was dishonourable rather than anything else. Other times, teams have shyed away from making it a big thing.

If Rangers lodge the appropriate papers to the SFA in the next two weeks, there's no reasonable doubt that Kamara is not entitled to his contract and has a fear of loss of earnings with injury here. His biggest issue would be spending an unimpressive six months playing sporadically while his rivals are playing regularly.

2 hours ago, Harry94 said:

The club can't not sign a player because they are injured - it's something which has been addressed in court before.

I don't think there's any way to actually get out of it from the club's side unless Kamara has maybe done something wrong (like hide medical details etc).

The stuff about them not being worth the paper they are written on is a bit of a myth. There are escape routes but they usually end up in some issues, like the Richard Brittain one where County paid money to get him back.

A lot of the examples people cite are of scenarios where it's just not been tested legally or hasn't been done properly. Callum Elliot, for example, signed for Livi and then rocked up at Raith. Livi never registered this with the SFA and their complaints were that it was dishonourable rather than anything else. Other times, teams have shyed away from making it a big thing.

If Rangers lodge the appropriate papers to the SFA in the next two weeks, there's no reasonable doubt that Kamara is not entitled to his contract and has a fear of loss of earnings with injury here. His biggest issue would be spending an unimpressive six months playing sporadically while his rivals are playing regularly.

So if Kamara doesn’t leave until the summer and his contract with Sevco is secure, then it’s in his best interests to be trying to put in the performances that won him POTY for us (ie no reason to pull out of tackles in fear of injury)? Could be like a new signing now that he’s won the big move we all knew he was worth. 

1 hour ago, DFC1974 said:

So if Kamara doesn’t leave until the summer and his contract with Sevco is secure, then it’s in his best interests to be trying to put in the performances that won him POTY for us (ie no reason to pull out of tackles in fear of injury)? Could be like a new signing now that he’s won the big move we all knew he was worth. 

That's my interpretation of things. You might question his commitment and I'm sure there would be various points where that would happen but it'd be the same as if he were on loan here - can't really afford to completely waste the next six months, even if he isn't over the moon at where he is.

For me, I think we've got to have the card to play that we want him involved with our team now just to have some sort of bargaining chip to claim a decent fee and sell on. It seems like there is a reasonable chance of McCrorie (who has been covering in defensive midfield) to Swansea in the coming weeks so Kamara's immediate value may increase. There usual sort of young loan signings can cost £250-500k in wages for 6 months and generally seem to be squad players who they are developing for other teams so I don't think it's totally unreasonable to get something in the region of a few hundred grand and a sell on.

What would happen if Dundee received a bid from say Cardiff. Accepted it and kamara decided to got there. Would Cardiff have to pay us and rangers. Always wondered 

2 minutes ago, Generic0201 said:

What would happen if Dundee received a bid from say Cardiff. Accepted it and kamara decided to got there. Would Cardiff have to pay us and rangers. Always wondered 

I'd reckon that would be between Kamara and Rangers but probably covered by Cardiff. 

He'd be crazy to choose Cardiff over Rangers though.

Just now, WeighorstsWang said:

I'd reckon that would be between Kamara and Rangers but probably covered by Cardiff. 

He'd be crazy to choose Cardiff over Rangers though.

Was more to just clarify the situation. I agree tho 

1 minute ago, Generic0201 said:

Cardiff would need to reach an agreement with Rangers for him to join in the summer, voiding their contract, and then an agreement with us for him to join now.

I don't know what would happen if Cardiff offered a six month loan or something. I'd imagine that whatever happens, the agreement with Rangers would still need to be voided before any modifications to contracts etc.

The only way anything else could happen would be if Kamara hadn't actually signed a pre-contract but simply said he was signing in the summer. That would be madness and a hilarious oversight from Rangers though.

Just now, Harry94 said:

Cardiff would need to reach an agreement with Rangers for him to join in the summer, voiding their contract, and then an agreement with us for him to join now.

I don't know what would happen if Cardiff offered a six month loan or something. I'd imagine that whatever happens, the agreement with Rangers would still need to be voided before any modifications to contracts etc.

The only way anything else could happen would be if Kamara hadn't actually signed a pre-contract but simply said he was signing in the summer. That would be madness and a hilarious oversight from Rangers though.

Yeah he isn’t going to Cardiff  I was just wondering if there was a process for that situation 

See Jordan jones pledging on Twitter to continue to do his best for killie and he’s a cheating barsteward. Hopefully Kamara likewise . 

If Kamara stays until the summer and continues to play but does not put in the effort, or if McIntyre decided to have him sit in the stands and not play, both instances would surely impact on his current international career. How would Kamara react to that? I would prefer that the PCA became an immediate sale for a decent fee BUT going by The Rangers (or Glasgow Rangers) track record they are going to spend as little as possible on fees but demand a big fee when the player eventually moves on. 

Think he'll be off to Ibrox soon. PCAs usually go through, and sooner than later.

On 07/01/2019 at 09:19, Harry94 said:

That's my interpretation of things. You might question his commitment and I'm sure there would be various points where that would happen but it'd be the same as if he were on loan here - can't really afford to completely waste the next six months, even if he isn't over the moon at where he is.

For me, I think we've got to have the card to play that we want him involved with our team now just to have some sort of bargaining chip to claim a decent fee and sell on. It seems like there is a reasonable chance of McCrorie (who has been covering in defensive midfield) to Swansea in the coming weeks so Kamara's immediate value may increase. There usual sort of young loan signings can cost £250-500k in wages for 6 months and generally seem to be squad players who they are developing for other teams so I don't think it's totally unreasonable to get something in the region of a few hundred grand and a sell on.

I don't think there is any instance where a player on a pre-contract has not given 100% for the club until he finally leaves, after all it is in his best interests to do so. Kamara's problem at the moment is either with JM's style of play or with Woods whom he plays beside in midfield. There seemed to me to be more of a togetherness in the team against Livi, a match we could and should have won and in which Woods did not play. Against St.Johnstone it was different and Kamara was not the only one in that game who seemed to be disinterested. Then you have Woods after the match saying not very complimentary things about his team mates in the press with Kennedy of Saints using not very complimentary language about Woods which was fully justified. Woods could have broken Kennedy's leg with one of the kicks he aimed at him. Do we want a player representing the team we support resorting to such behaviour?

27 minutes ago, Iain T Campbell said:

I don't think there is any instance where a player on a pre-contract has not given 100% for the club until he finally leaves

Derek Lyle. Dundee to Hamilton.

• Like 4