The Dark Blues

Rate this topic

1 minute ago, Billy Campbell's Ghost said:

Surely he had never left.

He's in Qatar on international duty.

I'm really losing it at the language of every Kamara story being that it's us that is aiming to be reaching the deal! That might be true but it's embarassing that the selling club are mentioned as the team wanting to do the deal in every news article about it.

• Like 2
  • Star Post 1

Did not know it was an International break. I thought these were in calendar. Should he not be training with DFC?

2 minutes ago, Harry94 said:

I'm really losing it at the language of every Kamara story being that it's us that is aiming to be reaching the deal! That might be true but it's embarassing that the selling club are mentioned as the team wanting to do the deal in every news article about it.

Well I guesss having lost the player we could do with some dosh. Huns will offer £15k.

Just now, Billy Campbell's Ghost said:

Did not know it was an International break. I thought these were in calendar. Should he not be training with DFC?

We can recall him because it's not a scheduled break. If it was in the calendar then we couldn't recall him.

10 minutes ago, Harry94 said:

I wouldn't be surprised if Rangers have made a suitable offer and we've recalled Kamara to inform him that we've accepted a deal for him to go now and to assess his feelings on that. I'd be surprised if he didn't agree to go now. 

Just now, Reverend Lovejoy said:

We can recall him because it's not a scheduled break. If it was in the calendar then we couldn't recall him.

So why was he there. If he had not gone via a PCA I would like to think he was training at Dens. Guess DFC knew about the PCA a while back?

1 minute ago, Reverend Lovejoy said:

I wouldn't be surprised if Rangers have made a suitable offer and we've recalled Kamara to inform him that we've accepted a deal for him to go now and to assess his feelings on that. I'd be surprised if he didn't agree to now. 

Yeah, I think you're right. No reason for him to be here if there hasn't been a sell on clause of some sort.

Hopefully, we've got a wee sell on clause, a few future bonuses and a bit of extra cash to work with now.

3 minutes ago, Billy Campbell's Ghost said:

Well I guesss having lost the player we could do with some dosh. Huns will offer £15k.

It's Rangers so it's imperative they insult us with a derisory figure.

6 minutes ago, Billy Campbell's Ghost said:

So why was he there. If he had not gone via a PCA I would like to think he was training at Dens. Guess DFC knew about the PCA a while back?

Kamara's probably not in the right place mentally right now. It would've been counterproductive imo to force him to stay here when we know he's unlikely to play at his best, or feature at all, once the action has restarted. Knowing that it's in our best interests to keep everyone onside.

If Sevco don't want him until the summer and we genuinely want him away to free up wages could we not simply loan him to another club for the second half of the season or even sell him for the period or would that cause problems with the PCA. For what it's worth I think we should keep him and hope his personal pride results in a few decent performances to help keep us up.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Cobra said:

It's Rangers so it's imperative they insult us with a derisory figure.

If they bid something like £50k, I'd get £50k in cash and lay it on the pitch at Dens. Get a Twitter stream on the go of us burning the cash and make it clear that our new demand is our original asking price, in addition to the £50k we've burnt on the pitch. Keep doing this until they comply.

We'd maybe end up out of business but it'd be worth it to get it up them.

• Funny 3
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Troodee1893 said:

If Sevco don't want him until the summer and we genuinely want him away to free up wages could we not simply loan him to another club for the second half of the season or even sell him for the period or would that cause problems with the PCA. For what it's worth I think we should keep him and hope his personal pride results in a few decent performances to help keep us up.

I think that'd be a big no no for the PCA. I don't think you could modify his contract in any way as the PCA is registered so would act like a block I'd think. Not sure if there's maybe a work around to that but pretty sure it'd be difficult.

Hopefully it benefits us but won't hold my breath.The sad reality is the dabs deal with these things ie ladyboy 250k we get peanuts usually. I hope I'm wrong and we get say 100k and a loaner.

2 minutes ago, Eric-sinclair said:

Hopefully it benefits us but won't hold my breath.The sad reality is the dabs deal with these things ie ladyboy 250k we get peanuts usually. I hope I'm wrong and we get say 100k and a loaner.

Celtic offered good money for Hendry, Armstrong, GMS and Morgan. Rangers routinely rip the p*ss. I'll be amazed if we get a reasonable fee. Rangers will say "we're happy to wait until the summer but will give you £25k now". We'll respond by saying, "fine just call it undisclosed. Don't let the media know that you shafted us again".

• Like 2

I can't really get angry at Rangers or our own board (because they haven't done anything yet) but it does boil my p*ss all these suggestions that you see from the press and Rangers support that we should be begging for whatever cash they'd decide to give us.

If Rangers weren't to sign Kamara, they'd head out to find depth at the last minute and then end up with a few loan players from down south who have little or no senior football experience and may cost £200-300k in wages. They'd then be developing another teams players and find that they aren't really that intrerested in the team anyway.

I know Kamara isn't flavour of the month here but when you look at the economics of their spending, it's really not that unreasonable to want a few hundred grand for a young internationalist with 18 months of experience in the same competition playing week in week out. People make a big hoo-ha about transfer fees etc and completely disregard what clubs are actually spending - it's just the tip of the iceberg when you look at the wage bill. If Defoe and Davis are retained for the full 18 months (although I don't think Davis has agreed that yet), that's £5-10 million going towards that - I'm not arguing for anything based on that number but it does show the resources they have.

Like pointed out though, we likely won't know anything apart from one or two rumours so I'll put my seethe on hold for the accounts in a year and a bit!

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, Harry94 said:

That’s the language being used because it’s almost certainly how it is.

Rangers hold all the aces unfortunately. We’re desperate to offload him for a pittance or a player.

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, Harry94 said:

I can't really get angry at Rangers or our own board (because they haven't done anything yet) but it does boil my p*ss all these suggestions that you see from the press and Rangers support that we should be begging for whatever cash they'd decide to give us.

If Rangers weren't to sign Kamara, they'd head out to find depth at the last minute and then end up with a few loan players from down south who have little or no senior football experience and may cost £200-300k in wages. They'd then be developing another teams players and find that they aren't really that intrerested in the team anyway.

I know Kamara isn't flavour of the month here but when you look at the economics of their spending, it's really not that unreasonable to want a few hundred grand for a young internationalist with 18 months of experience in the same competition playing week in week out. People make a big hoo-ha about transfer fees etc and completely disregard what clubs are actually spending - it's just the tip of the iceberg when you look at the wage bill. If Defoe and Davis are retained for the full 18 months (although I don't think Davis has agreed that yet), that's £5-10 million going towards that - I'm not arguing for anything based on that number but it does show the resources they have.

Like pointed out though, we likely won't know anything apart from one or two rumours so I'll put my seethe on hold for the accounts in a year and a bit!

Were going to get next to nothing for him and as hard as that is, its best he gets tae as soon as possible IMO if he's in the team were a man down, yes he's a talented player no doubting that but we need players who'll "graft" and "work" there bollocks off if were to get out of the brown stuff and he definitely doesn't come into that category.  Great skills though and I wish it didn't have to be this way but were fighting for our survival first and foremost. 

• Like 1

The inimitable twitter agent saying it is Dundee  wanting to loan Kamara  for remainder of season .

I'd actually be happy with a free transfer and Hardie until the summer. The guy has 5 goals in 5 games. The only team he failed to score against in the last month was Dundee.

I think Gerrard wants him in the Rangers squad though so I'd be surprised if we get him.

• Like 1

Can we learn anything from yet another decent player leaving us for less money than we think he is worth. It looks to me as though the root of our problems come from the uncertainty that we face because we don't know until very late on in the season which league we will be in. We end up not being able to make offers to players for the following season and instead of signing them on for another year they run down their contract or they get to the PCA stage.

1 hour ago, Troodee1893 said:

1 hour ago, Harry94 said:

I think that'd be a big no no for the PCA. I don't think you could modify his contract in any way as the PCA is registered so would act like a block I'd think. Not sure if there's maybe a work around to that but pretty sure it'd be difficult.

He's contractually our player until the end of May, so there shouldn't be any issue with loaning him to anyone. A short-term contract with a third party would probably not be allowed....though to be honest, I can't think of a legal reason why not. His PCA doesn't become legally effective until the day after his contract & registration with us both end. It's legally none of Rangers business what happens before then. 

The player (any player in this situation), though, would maybe not be keen on either option....though it would maybe give him more game time.

Can't see it happening though. 

I have a feeling (hopeful one) we may get Lee Wallace.