Jump to content
The Dark Blues

Rate this topic

Recommended Posts

Just now, Cg73 said:

I have a feeling (hopeful one) we may get Lee Wallace. 

Just beat me to it! Im pretty sure if a deal is done it will be loan player/s coming our way with salaries covered.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Cg73 said:

I have a feeling (hopeful one) we may get Lee Wallace

Ralph has arguably been our best player recently so don't think LB is a priority. Then again maybe Ralph could play further forward.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Cobra said:

Ralph has arguably been our best player recently so don't think LB is a priority. Then again maybe Ralph could play further forward.

We need cover on the left side.Calvin has gone and  If Ralph got injured......

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Valentke said:

We need cover on the left side.Calvin has gone and  If Ralph got injured......

 

Agreed. We definitely need cover on that side but Wallace would be a high-profile signing expecting first-team football. I reckon Ralph and Wallace would need to be able to play in the same team as dropping Ralph to the bench doesn't seem right when he's been one of the few standouts.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
54 minutes ago, WoodStein said:

 

He's contractually our player until the end of May, so there shouldn't be any issue with loaning him to anyone. A short-term contract with a third party would probably not be allowed....though to be honest, I can't think of a legal reason why not. His PCA doesn't become legally effective until the day after his contract & registration with us both end. It's legally none of Rangers business what happens before then. 

The player (any player in this situation), though, would maybe not be keen on either option....though it would maybe give him more game time.

Can't see it happening though. 

If we decide that we are not going to play him and Sevco won't cough up or take him for nothing then we should make it clear that he will start every reserve fixture, any under age fixture that he can play as over age, any friendlies, every bounce game/training match etc etc in the hope that they relent and take him to avoid any injuries.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Troodee1893 said:

If we decide that we are not going to play him and Sevco won't cough up or take him for nothing then we should make it clear that he will start every reserve fixture, any under age fixture that he can play as over age, any friendlies, every bounce game/training match etc etc in the hope that they relent and take him to avoid any injuries.

I feel that we should be trying to offload him to other teams which have shown an interest him rather than let Rangers decide.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Boba Fett said:

That’s the language being used because it’s almost certainly how it is.

Rangers hold all the aces unfortunately. We’re desperate to offload him for a pittance or a player.

That's my take on it too.

Appreciate we don't like being painted as desperate but our board have hardly been shy at taking a fee for our players and they'd rather get 'something' than nothing IMO.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
43 minutes ago, Troodee1893 said:

If we decide that we are not going to play him and Sevco won't cough up or take him for nothing then we should make it clear that he will start every reserve fixture, any under age fixture that he can play as over age, any friendlies, every bounce game/training match etc etc in the hope that they relent and take him to avoid any injuries.

The problem with that is it might put any future recruits off. It might also make an (even bigger) enemy of The Rangers, we might want to borrow players off them in the future, Kamara is most likely done with us, its a tricky call how to play it best and it looks like we're trying to come to some sort of arrangement for him to go sooner rather than later.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Barkblue said:

That's my take on it too.

Appreciate we don't like being painted as desperate but our board have hardly been shy at taking a fee for our players and they'd rather get 'something' than nothing IMO.

Which makes sense all round, they can dispassionate about things a lot more than us fans.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, Chomp my root said:

Which makes sense all round, they can dispassionate about things a lot more than us fans.

Exactly. It's hw I see it too to be honest.

He's struggled to maintain his motivation when there was a possible move, so he'll have none now I'd guess, so if we can get something for him I'd take it and move on as quickly as possible.

The board's hands are tied, so let's make the best of it.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

There must be something we can do to force the issue. Maybe we could threaten to make him attend every Dundee United fixture until the end of the season. Alternatively we could start every training session with the Russian national anthem as apparently the Finns hate Russia. Or maybe we could force him to prepare for games by watching endless repeats of Bob Servant.

  • Funny 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think this is further proof that our recruitment and management of contracts is pretty amateurish.

If the past is anything to go by we will accept a derisory offer from the Sevies, just to get him off our wages bill.

At least it frees up a bit of cash from a player that has proved he’s no longer interested in our battle to stay in the division.

If we survive Nelms needs to get himself advice on handling contracts and signing policy.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, Cobra said:

There must be something we can do to force the issue. Maybe we could threaten to make him attend every Dundee United fixture until the end of the season. Alternatively we could start every training session with the Russian national anthem as apparently the Finns hate Russia. Or maybe we could force him to prepare for games by watching endless repeats of Bob Servant.

Maybe just tell him he'll start every first team game with Lewis Spence lined up alongside him... 😉 

  • Funny 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Spiritof62 said:

I think this is further proof that our recruitment and management of contracts is pretty amateurish.

If the past is anything to go by we will accept a derisory offer from the Sevies, just to get him off our wages bill.

At least it frees up a bit of cash from a player that has proved he’s no longer interested in our battle to stay in the division.

If we survive Nelms needs to get himself advice on handling contracts and signing policy.

Not really seeing that mate. I've criticised Nelms and Co for a lot of the recent signing policy, but I'm not sure how he could have avoided this situation?

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'd drive him to Ibrox and drop him off at the main entrance with a note saying "good luck with him in a 100 mile an hour full blooded Old Firm game", send them a bill for the petrol and move on.

Must be the least bothered I've ever been in my Dundee supporting lifetime about losing our "star" player of the time.

Was disappointed/sad or gutted when we lost Hendry, Hemmings, Stewart, Harkins, Griffiths, McDonald, Novo, Speroni, Caniggia, Big Rab, Dariusz, McCann, Wieghorst and Dodds. 

Kamara is decent at best on his day in the worst Dundee side I've ever had the misfortune to watch. Kenny Miller goals aside we'd be down already.

Edited by CW 90+3 02/05/16

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, CW 90+3 02/05/16 said:

Kamara is decent at best on his day in the worst Dundee side I've ever had the misfortune to watch. 

'Decent at best' - scouted from EPL, Championship and both of the Old Firm. 

'Worst Dundee side I've ever watched' - How long is it you've been watching Dundee? 

  • Funny 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
53 minutes ago, WeighorstsWang said:

'Decent at best' - scouted from EPL, Championship and both of the Old Firm. 

'Worst Dundee side I've ever watched' - How long is it you've been watching Dundee? 

People love hyperbole when things aren’t going well.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
52 minutes ago, WeighorstsWang said:

'Decent at best' - scouted from EPL, Championship and both of the Old Firm. 

Based on last season and about 3 flashes in the pan this season clearly.

 

53 minutes ago, WeighorstsWang said:

'Worst Dundee side I've ever watched' - How long is it you've been watching Dundee? 

We sit on 10 points approaching mid January, have been absolutely humped from evert team in the league bar two. 

126 years 😀

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Cornerstone said:

People love hyperbole when things aren’t going well.

10 points.

Loved the 4 game recovery under JM but it's been an embarrassment that aside.

Edited by CW 90+3 02/05/16
  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
30 minutes ago, Cornerstone said:

People love hyperbole when things aren’t going well.

Absolutely. It's more embarrassing than the team itself.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, WeighorstsWang said:

Absolutely. It's more embarrassing than the team itself.

Name me a worse Dundee team at picking up points?

As good as relegated already if it weren't for Miller, McIntyre and St Mirren.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, CW 90+3 02/05/16 said:

Name me a worse Dundee team at picking up points?

As good as relegated already if it weren't for Miller, McIntyre and St Mirren.

It's all relative and open to interpretation etc but I think that the team in the club 12 season were less equipped for the top flight - we had some good runs but rarely looked capable of competing in the league.

Maybe one of the worst point wise but I think 2012 and 2008 were worse Dundee teams. The season under Kernaghan I'd say would easily be the worst ever Dundee team I've seen, funnily enough, they got to a Scottish Cup semi!

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Harry94 said:

It's all relative and open to interpretation etc but I think that the team in the club 12 season were less equipped for the top flight - we had some good runs but rarely looked capable of competing in the league.

Maybe one of the worst point wise but I think 2012 and 2008 were worse Dundee teams. The season under Kernaghan I'd say would easily be the worst ever Dundee team I've seen, funnily enough, they got to a Scottish Cup semi!

Harry - I don't want to be proved correct on this debate that's suddenly opened up because I stated Kamara is a decent player at best on his day in what certainly is the worst Dundee team ever assembled for picking up points in the league.

It goes without saying that I hope JM gets the right guys in to fight our way to a safety by any means possible and I'm fully behind him and the players to do so obviously.

You say we rarely looked capable of competing in the league in the club 12 season. I don't think we're particularly competing in it this season other than that wee run under McIntyre when Miller eventually clicked and the players looked like a proper team. It's just being hidden by St Mirren being a fraction short of as bad as us.

2005 to 2008 was brutal. On paper they were far worse teams than present. Would this team beat them though? You would think so against the 05/06 team at least but I certainly wouldn't be betting on it (a purely hypothetical debate of course).

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, TheWhiteCafu said:

Colin Nish leading the line 🤢

Remember he had two OK games and then he murdered someone at St Mirren.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing

    0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.