The Dark Blues
harry94

DFCSS Email - Purchase of Shares

Rate this topic

1 hour ago, CW 90+3 02/05/16 said:

Heard that suggestion mentioned from someone in the last few weeks in person.

Who's to even say it would be temporary?

No no no no not ever, no!!

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, DarkBlueKnight said:

No no no no not ever, no!!

Sounds pretty far fetched to me tbh.

Maybe temporary whilst a new joint venture stadium was being built would seem more likely.

You have to ask the question why are FPS all of a sudden happy to speak to DFCSS? Their only communication with the fans has been via the DSA rep. DSA do not, I believe, have the same power as DFCSS when it comes to the "rules" impacting on the plans of FPS so they are happy to speak to them.

A concern I have re their desire to change the location of where DFC play is not re Campy Nou, which I am in favour of, but a cunning plan having seen the number of empty seats at Dens (and Tannadice) with a realisation that the new stadium may not be feasible. They have no long term affiliation with DFC and neither does the new American owner over the road with DUFC. Solution - both clubs to share Tannadice.

I have worked for American companies and seen first hand how devious the American owners/management can be. I hope that is not the case with DFC and FPS.

• Star Post 1

It been suggested for a good while that FPS are struggling to get the Campy development off the ground. With an expected cash shortfall again this season it's only a matter of time before they call it a day here without the development. There's speculation now that we're offering cash for new recruits to get us out of the hole we're in on the pitch and to keep us as a top league outfit. Everything, to me, points to FPS attempting to get everything thing in order to make us a more attractive proposition to prospective new owners. They're not going to hang around here, dipping into their own pockets, if there's no realistic chance of clawing some of their cash back.

14 minutes ago, Reverend Lovejoy said:

It been suggested for a good while that FPS are struggling to get the Campy development off the ground. With an expected cash shortfall again this season it's only a matter of time before they call it a day here without the development. There's speculation now that we're offering cash for new recruits to get us out of the hole we're in on the pitch and to keep us as a top league outfit. Everything, to me, points to FPS attempting to get everything thing in order to make us a more attractive proposition to prospective new owners. They're not going to hang around here, dipping into their own pockets, if there's no realistic chance of clawing some of their cash back.

FPS got involved when they had no connection to the club or the city and DFC was a skint, basket case of a Championship club with no assets and a dilapidated stadium we didn't own and no prospect of moving to a new stadium.

Now we're an established top flight club, we're more stable than we've been for quarter of a century, we sold a player to Celtic for a record sum a year ago and hopefully will get some money off Rangers this month. Nelms is settled in the city and now has a strong connection to the club. Plans to move to a new stadium are at a fairly advanced stage.

The way I see it is they've got a lot more reason to stay involved now than they had to get involved in the first place when we had absolutely nothing going for us.

54 minutes ago, Cobra said:

FPS got involved when they had no connection to the club or the city and DFC was a skint, basket case of a Championship club with no assets and a dilapidated stadium we didn't own and no prospect of moving to a new stadium.

Now we're an established top flight club, we're more stable than we've been for quarter of a century, we sold a player to Celtic for a record sum a year ago and hopefully will get some money off Rangers this month. Nelms is settled in the city and now has a strong connection to the club. Plans to move to a new stadium are at a fairly advanced stage.

The way I see it is they've got a lot more reason to stay involved now than they had to get involved in the first place when we had absolutely nothing going for us.

When FPS bought into DFC I'm pretty certain that they had a long term plan in mind. The stadium development announcement was a path to not only resurrecting the fortunes of an ailing business but also to financial reward for their hard work and endeavour. Deadlines and projected timescales have passed however and we're arguably as far away from seeing spade's in the ground as we were at the announcement. Lack of interest in financing the venture has been rumoured for months and with little or no attempts being made to quash these rumours the fans are pessimistic on the chances of it actually happening. Meanwhile FPS are spending more of their own cash on plugging holes in our budget and setting in motion plans to recruit a host of new players on the park whilst financially compensating those already deemed surplus to requirements by our new manager. Whilst FPS have been relatively good with their promises so far that can't go on forever without a financially beneficial exit plan somewhere down the line. The one they have in mind just doesn't, realistically, appear to be happening. Plan B, for me, has got to involve keeping us in the top league and dressing things up to make us as attractive a proposition as possible for potential buyers. Converting debt to shares and buying vetoes, whilst remaining in the big league is probably as attractive as it's gonna get to buyers if the stadium doesn't go ahead. 

FPS just won't hang around forever, especially if they're losing cash hand over fist.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, CW 90+3 02/05/16 said:

Sounds pretty far fetched to me tbh.

Maybe temporary whilst a new joint venture stadium was being built would seem more likely.

Even as a temporary measure , over my dead body!

• Like 1

The UK has as many devious employers as the US does.

The people that have set us back as a club are Messrs Hartley and McCann, both squandered massive opportunities to establish our club in the top flight.

Its not difficult to look at the state of our cities pro clubs without coming to the conclusion that something drastic will have to be done to secure their long term future.

As much as I dislike the thought of amalgamation, their is sense In having one city team playing in a new stadium.

5 minutes ago, Spiritof62 said:

The UK has as many devious employers as the US does.

The people that have set us back as a club are Messrs Hartley and McCann, both squandered massive opportunities to establish our club in the top flight.

Its not difficult to look at the state of our cities pro clubs without coming to the conclusion that something drastic will have to be done to secure their long term future.

As much as I dislike the thought of amalgamation, their is sense In having one city team playing in a new stadium.

Amalgamation kills top flight football in this city stone dead imo.

• Like 4

So much speculation and conjecture going on in this topic it's unreal. I think too many are reading into something which isn't there and believing internet rumours. Quite simply, it wouldn't be in their best interest to merge both clubs, as they would lose a mass majority of support from both clubs and start of with a pub team level of support which would harm their future plans.

I think the only thing which might happen is a groundshare and that will be about as far as it goes.

Regarding DFCSS, when was the last time that they used their own money to help pay the ground rent, players wages or fees?

2 hours ago, Reverend Lovejoy said:

When FPS bought into DFC I'm pretty certain that they had a long term plan in mind. The stadium development announcement was a path to not only resurrecting the fortunes of an ailing business but also to financial reward for their hard work and endeavour. Deadlines and projected timescales have passed however and we're arguably as far away from seeing spade's in the ground as we were at the announcement. Lack of interest in financing the venture has been rumoured for months and with little or no attempts being made to quash these rumours the fans are pessimistic on the chances of it actually happening. Meanwhile FPS are spending more of their own cash on plugging holes in our budget and setting in motion plans to recruit a host of new players on the park whilst financially compensating those already deemed surplus to requirements by our new manager. Whilst FPS have been relatively good with their promises so far that can't go on forever without a financially beneficial exit plan somewhere down the line. The one they have in mind just doesn't, realistically, appear to be happening. Plan B, for me, has got to involve keeping us in the top league and dressing things up to make us as attractive a proposition as possible for potential buyers. Converting debt to shares and buying vetoes, whilst remaining in the big league is probably as attractive as it's gonna get to buyers if the stadium doesn't go ahead. 

FPS just won't hang around forever, especially if they're losing cash hand over fist.

Excellent post

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Reverend Lovejoy said:

Then we are no different than any other club in Scotland then?

18 minutes ago, TheDarkBlues said:

So much speculation and conjecture going on in this topic it's unreal. I think too many are reading into something which isn't there and believing internet rumours. Quite simply, it wouldn't be in their best interest to merge both clubs, as they would lose a mass majority of support from both clubs and start of with a pub team level of support which would harm their future plans.

I think the only thing which might happen is a groundshare and that will be about as far as it goes.

Regarding DFCSS, when was the last time that they used their own money to help pay the ground rent, players wages or fees?

Speculation will be rife until Keyes & Nelms get a grip of this, come out and explain what’s going on.

They desperately need to start communicating with the supporters.

Whats going on with the stadium?

Why do you want these shares?

Can you categorically rule out any type of amalgamation attempts and playing at the Sticklebrick?

What’s the mid / long term plan to get this club back in the black?

Just a few of the dozens of questions that need answered.

• Like 3
  • Star Post 1

Dry your eyes people it will happen got to happen if no happy put up or shut up to stop it happening  with your own millions

• Confused 1
  • Wowzer 1

10 hours ago, Abernethy Dee said:

Should we as Dee fans now be joining the Society to give it more strength and as a show of support for them?

No, we as Dees should never have abandoned and started bad mouthing the society the way many did.

Not a dig at you Abernethy but if you look at the number of people that are still members and read some of the bile directed at them on AN Other forum it's clear that they are not held in high esteem by many Dundee and and it all stems from the perceived behaviour of two or three individuals years ago.

• Like 7

6 minutes ago, Dundeefc93 said:

Dry your eyes people it will happen got to happen if no happy put up or shut up to stop it happening  with your own millions

Are you saying it's inevitable that the sixth and seventh biggest clubs in the country are going to merge and that fans who are not multi-millionaires have no right to complain if their team goes under?

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Boba Fett said:

Speculation will be rife until Keyes & Nelms get a grip of this, come out and explain what’s going on.

Whats going on with the stadium? Nothing, will never happen.

Why do you want these shares? They want a way out.

Can you categorically rule out any type of amalgamation attempts and playing at the Sticklebrick? No.

What’s the mid / long term plan to get this club back in the black? None, they want out ASAP

Answers above, well my bitter take on them.

9 minutes ago, Prince Buster said:

No, we as Dees should never have abandoned and started bad mouthing the society the way many did.

Not a dig at you Abernethy but if you look at the number of people that are still members and read some of the bile directed at them on AN Other forum it's clear that they are not held in high esteem by many Dundee and and it all stems from the perceived behaviour of two or three individuals years ago.

Just out of interest PB, Where do you think Dundee Fc as a club would be now if FPS never took over the reins from DFCSS?

19 minutes ago, Boba Fett said:

Why? Because some local paper comes out with a sensational headline about clubs merging?

This is nothing more than typical Dundee fans getting their knickers in a twist, because we always read everything is bad and going tits up when there are changes a foot. Again, Internet rumours from the paranoid doom merchant's brigade who love nothing more than stirring shit up...

Just because they want to buy these shares doesn't mean there are nefarious reasons for doing so.

21 minutes ago, TheDarkBlues said:

Then we are no different than any other club in Scotland then?

Without knowing the ins and outs and the politics at other clubs I'd still guess  that we are in a pretty unique position. I can't think of too many clubs in Scotland, bar Utd, who are even close to the situation we find ourselves in. Foreign owners,  no real fan representation, in any capacity,  lack of transparency,  no clear indication of our future path, on or off the pitch,  BOD meetings non existent, no accountability for actions, severe lack of communication etc, etc, etc 

Basically we take what we are given with no real regard shown towards us, the paying punters. Like it or lump it is the only real, clear message being delivered by FPS. That's got to be a fairly unique way of treating customers who pay a premium price for your product.

• Love 1
  • Like 4
  • Star Post 1

Just now, TheDarkBlues said:

Why? Because some local paper comes out with a sensational headline about clubs merging?

This is nothing more than typical Dundee fans getting their knickers in a twist, because we always read everything is bad and going t*ts up when there are changes a foot. Again, Internet rumours from the paranoid doom merchant's brigade who love nothing more than stirring sh*t up...

Just because they want to buy these shares doesn't mean there are nefarious reasons for doing so.

Do you not think it would be good if  the club came out explained the reasons behind  why they want more shares or have i missed this communication?

• Star Post 1

The way the owners are behaving they are losing fans unfortunately,I know of quite a few who don't go due to pricing and the all ticket games.They have done well in backing the managers we have had and providing decent budgets as well as covering the losses but the lack of communication is shocking and these headlines need explaining.

13 minutes ago, Boba Fett said:

Whats going on with the stadium?

Why do you want these shares?

Can you categorically rule out any type of amalgamation attempts and playing at the Sticklebrick?

What’s the mid / long term plan to get this club back in the black?

I am sure that Mr Keyes will have a very clear idea regarding the various options opening up for his investments but by the very nature of negotiations the first of us to hear about anything will be after the event.  In the grand scheme of things we are fairly insignificant and as far as his interests are concerned we may as well be making Widgets as playing football.

5 minutes ago, Thegen65 said:

Just out of interest PB, Where do you think Dundee Fc as a club would be now if FPS never took over the reins from DFCSS?

I've no idea but I doubt we'd have seen the back of Brown and Gardiner and with those two at the club, literally not giving a monkey's about it, then we wouldn't have been promoted yet I'm fairly confident of that.