The Dark Blues
Sign in to follow this  
harry94

Andrew Davies - Officially Signs

Rate this topic

1 hour ago, WoodStein said:

I think Hartlepool mentioned he was being released to take up a player/coach role with us, but haven't (yet) seen anything about the coaching aspect locally....this may account for the 18 months.

With no Meekings, and Kusunga having occasional injury absences, I hope Davies is fit & can stay fit, he certainly had some strong performances for County at Dens.

Once JM is happy with his 'reliable spine', hopefully he might add a couple of loanees who'll add some flair to the side. 

Just a theory but maybe we're looking (hoping) for a solid 5 months until the end of the season, have him round the squad until the following January as cover/off field 'character' then release him/pay him off.

Of course if he's looking to get into coaching then he might be happy to combine the roles more next season so we'll not be seeing him as a coach until the summer ????

Guess we'll find out soon enough. :D

Happy with this, someone with a bit of steel and isn’t afraid to put his body on the line for the cause.

Interesting couple of days coming up with more bodies required

41 minutes ago, CC33 said:

Got to be joking Cobra , agree Livi don't have world beaters and are organised but cant say they don't have better players than ours , ours are fcking murder.

Re the signing - are we just signings ex Ross County players who are either p1sh or finished at this level.

Livi have been the surprise package this season. Nobody was expecting them to be so organised and aggressive and so good at set pieces. I think by next season they'll have been found out though as they are very limited.

Their defence has been together for years going back to their time in League One and that's helped them a lot.

How many of their players would we take off them this summer though if we had the chance? Maybe the centre-back Halkett, who was excellent at Dens recently, and Lawless, who we should really have tried to get from Partick ourselves, but that's probably it.

4 minutes ago, Cobra said:

Livi have been the surprise package this season. Nobody was expecting them to be so organised and aggressive and so good at set pieces. I think by next season they'll have been found out though as they are very limited.

Their defence has been together for years going back to their time in League One and that's helped them a lot.

How many of their players would we take off them this summer though if we had the chance? Maybe the centre-back Halkett, who was excellent at Dens recently, and Lawless, who we should really have tried to get from Partick ourselves, but that's probably it.

I did hear a rumour that we were looking to get Declan Gallagher back but nothing seems to have come of it.

6 minutes ago, Chomp my root said:

I did hear a rumour that we were looking to get Declan Gallagher back but nothing seems to have come of it.

Apparently he rejected it straight off the bat.

• Like 1
  • Funny 8

Just now, Reverend Lovejoy said:

You're on form today mate. 

• Thanks 1

Edited. Going over old ground.

2 minutes ago, Reverend Lovejoy said:

That one’s a dinger

JM is getting the players he wants in (X County players) so don't want NM getting the blame should we go down.

Just now, CC33 said:

JM is getting the players he wants in (X County players) so don't want NM getting the blame should we go down.

I don't think McIntyre can really excuse being relegated tbh. I think this is a huge opportunity for him and it looks like he has the resources available to be expected to do it.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Cobra said:

Would hope we’d be looking at Halkett. Still only 24. He’ll have plenty of options this summer I’d imagine 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, SM1893 said:

That one’s a dinger

Out the dens ballpark

Perhaps not a popular thought on here but once again it seems that DFC / manager are being supported by the owners to make changes

• Like 3

Decent signing if fit. Again if fit then better than Kasunga and Innis. Only issue is we have a real lack of pace with the four central defenders we’ve got now. Having said that they all decent in the tackle and in the air.

4 hours ago, Dblair said:

Would hope we’d be looking at Halkett. Still only 24. He’ll have plenty of options this summer I’d imagine 

Seen elsewhere Rangers are wanting him back.

52 minutes ago, WeighorstsWang said:

Seen elsewhere Rangers are wanting him back.

Yeah read that, out of their back 3 he’s the one I’d want

10 hours ago, Cobra said:

Livi don't have better players than us. They're just organised and committed.

I'm confident that the team we're building will pick up the points needed.

Livi do have better players than us. 

But we don't have to bet better that Livi,(my god what am I saying!)  just St Mirren and Hamilton