The Dark Blues
Sign in to follow this  
harry94

Andrew Davies - Officially Signs

Rate this topic

14 minutes ago, BigG said:

Livi do have better players than us. 

With Livi the whole is greater than the sum of its parts. Most of their players would not improve us. Last season Livi finished 12 points behind champions St Mirren and a point ahead of a rotten United side. I doubt they would have reached the play-offs if it wasn't for Rangers giving them Hardie in January.

What's really working for them this season is not the quality of the individuals. It's the stability and familiarity that comes with playing the same players season after season.

Livi were second best at Dens recently and probably didn't deserve to get anything from the game but they give nothing away at the back. You take Halkett out of their team and I think we would have won that game by a couple of goals.

• Like 1

Livi are a team that has a game plan and plays to its strengths and it's been effective for them. They are a team basically and a decent one at picking up points at that.

Think the big diver Menga looked a right handful at the away game through there. Him aside, agree with Cobra.

As bad as we've been, a lot of its been due to the gigantic instability we've had in players, line ups, formations, management, tactics and so on. It's been absolute chaos for 3 seasons as we constantly react to bad results with changes. 

We've basically had about 6 teams worth of players and 3 managers in 3 seasons with every formation and style of play under the sun. It's been a shambles in hindsight. A costly shambles.

11 hours ago, Cobra said:

With Livi the whole is greater than the sum of its parts. Most of their players would not improve us. Last season Livi finished 12 points behind champions St Mirren and a point ahead of a rotten United side. I doubt they would have reached the play-offs if it wasn't for Rangers giving them Hardie in January.

What's really working for them this season is not the quality of the individuals. It's the stability and familiarity that comes with playing the same players season after season.

Livi were second best at Dens recently and probably didn't deserve to get anything from the game but they give nothing away at the back. You take Halkett out of their team and I think we would have won that game by a couple of goals.

They have exceeded expectations certainly - however second half of the season I reckon they will not pick up as many points. Other astute managers will suss them out and find a way to beat them

• Like 1

3 hours ago, DarkBlueKnight said:

They have exceeded expectations certainly - however second half of the season I reckon they will not pick up as many points. Other astute managers will suss them out and find a way to beat them

I'd anticipated that happening in the second round of games, but they've done very well (with a decent new manager) to keep their form, at home anyway, going. 

They may slip back a bit now, but I think they'll stay far enough above the relegation group of 3/4....and I'll be happy if they keep beating Hamilton & St.Mirren, though.

Rumour has it, he's just broken his foot in a bounce match against St Johnstone....

1 minute ago, Harry94 said:

Rumour has it, he's just broken his foot in a bounce match against St Johnstone....

Who?

2 minutes ago, Boba Fett said:

Who?

Andrew Davies.

Comes from a p & b poster who I wouldn't think would make something like this up.

6 minutes ago, Harry94 said:

Andrew Davies.

Comes from a p & b poster who I wouldn't think would make something like this up.

Ouch.😟

6 minutes ago, Harry94 said:

Andrew Davies.

F’kin hell! 🤦🏻‍♂️

2 minutes ago, Boba Fett said:

F’kin hell! 🤦🏻‍♂️

Terrible news for both him and the club if true. Maybe not long term though, 3/4  weeks maybe?.

Edit- 6wks for a metatarsal.

Hartlepool fans said it was a joke how often he got injured so I suppose it's our own fault if we end up with another Nicky Low situation.

• Star Post 1

10 minutes ago, Cobra said:

Hartlepool fans said it was a joke how often he got injured so I suppose it's our own fault if we end up with another Nicky Low situation.

Looks like they may be right 😞

13 minutes ago, Cobra said:

If this is true it eclipses any other injury situation we’ve ever had! Grim 

What a day. Injury-ravaged Ayr lose in Inveress, ten-man County are thrashed 4-0 by our cup opponents Queens, United score a late winner, Waddell scores an OG, GGH is sent off and to top it all off our new signing has apparently broke his foot. 

I don't know what the opposite of a Carlsberg weekend is. Maybe a Buckfast weekend.

Just as well Dundee are not playing today!

25 minutes ago, Cobra said:

Really hope it's not true, but if it is, why oh why sign, a guy that was Not totally Fit very often in 2018, couldn't make it up, we do it all the time, just sign. Crocks and hope they will get fitter, playing for us. Jobs for mates, comes to mind.😢😢😢😢😢

Don’t know what to believe but I know 100% that we were playing St Johnstone today in a bounce game.

I reckon it’s true :( 

Apparently wasn't even in a tackle. Got the p*ss ripped out him and just crumbled.

9 minutes ago, WeighorstsWang said:

Apparently wasn't even in a tackle. Got the p*ss ripped out him and just crumbled.

Regardless of how it happened (if it even happened) it's a big blow to the player, the manager and ultimately the club. 

It'll be right up some people's street though.🙄

• Like 4

16 minutes ago, Rocky Boy said:

Really hope it's not true, but if it is, why oh why sign, a guy that was Not totally Fit very often in 2018, couldn't make it up, we do it all the time, just sign. Crocks and hope they will get fitter, playing for us. Jobs for mates, comes to mind.😢😢😢😢😢

We sign guys with a bad injury history like Meekings, Thomson, Low and Davies because I think we see it as a cheaper route to success but it's a bit of a disaster when you have to pay a player to sit in the stand for six months to a year.

• Like 1
  • Star Post 1