The Dark Blues
Sign in to follow this  
harry94

Andrew Davies - Officially Signs

Rate this topic

45 minutes ago, WeighorstsWang said:

You only have to read the Kharl Madianga topic to see numerous posters laying claim to knowledge of how much he earns...

Whether you choose to believe it or not, that information can and does leak out.

Whether it’s right to share it or even allude to it in the public domain is another debate IMO.

Chinese whispers invariably takes over and spectacular arms and legs are usually added.

Personally, I wouldn’t go there. Every club in the land will have wage expenditure on specific players that their supporters would be horrified at.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Bjs said:

Wonder if JM will look to see if the rangers have a centre half that we could get on loan as part of the Kamara deal. If he has done any sort of damage that will keep him out for even 4-6 weeks then we are going to need someone in as we can’t go with just ODea (who yet might be off), Kasunga (who was injured) and Innis (who’s hardly played) for the rest of the season.

It's a frightening thought we could be going into the second half of the season with the same defence that has already  shipped  46 goals in the league .

29 minutes ago, Boba Fett said:

Whether you choose to believe it or not, that information can and does leak out.

Absolutely. It just seems that certain players are more open to be ridiculed and hung out to dry than others based solely on who signed them. 

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, WeighorstsWang said:

Absolutely. It just seems that certain players are more open to be ridiculed and hung out to dry than others based solely on who signed them. 

My issue with players like Madianga has nothing to do with them personally or with who signed them. It's more the process that has led to us signing misfits (due to the fact that they don't meet the immediate requirements of a club our size) with no regard for our longer term well being that's concerned me. Nelms seems to bring in managers without going through the proper procedures and then gives them licence to more or less do as they please. Madianga might be a very good player but he doesn't fit our club at this moment in time imo.

• Like 1

Incredible news re Davies that you just couldn't script regardless of the specifics of the nature of the injury.

How do you end up on a stretcher during a bounce game 24 hours after signing an 18 month contract? 

That said, poor guy. He'll have obviously had relocated to join us and will have been raring to go and that happens to him 24 hours later.

We simply have to keep O'Dea now and sign another centre back for the season sadly which will eat in to JMs remaining budget for other areas of the team.

Reckon we still need a centre back, a left midfielder, 2 centre midfielders and and ideally a playmaker. 

That's another 5 players on top of 3 already brought in.

Edited by CW 90+3 02/05/16

1 hour ago, Boba Fett said:

Whether it’s right to share it or even allude to it in the public domain is another debate IMO.

Chinese whispers invariably takes over and spectacular arms and legs are usually added.

Personally, I wouldn’t go there. Every club in the land will have wage expenditure on specific players that their supporters would be horrified at.

I agree and should have refrained from the mention of any numbers. I’ve not got no axe to grind with what any player/agent negotiates. My frustration lies with the opportunity cost of players who are out of the picture and what the equivalent funding could potentially bring to the club. 

A few people saying that his x-ray was clear so hopefully good news. Mentioned that he was one of our goalscorers yesterday.

7 minutes ago, Harry94 said:

Mentioned that he was one of our goalscorers yesterday.

Remarkable considering he was on a stretcher!

Gotta have a laugh or I’d be greeting.

1 hour ago, WeighorstsWang said:

Agreed..

2 hours ago, Harry94 said:

A few people saying that his x-ray was clear so hopefully good news. Mentioned that he was one of our goalscorers yesterday.

Harry any idea what the score was. (if there was one).

15 minutes ago, Travellingdee said:

Harry any idea what the score was. (if there was one).

Lost 3-2. 

2 hours ago, WeighorstsWang said:

Lost 3-2. 

Apparently Davies scored before he was injured and O'Dea clinched it for Saints with a last minute own goal*.

(*The Kusunga bug is spreading) 

Edited by Dondeh

We need a centre half and more this week. Pronto or we are oot the cup and heading to Tynecastle for a gubbing. Spent £28 on a ticket so will not be happy if no new players.

31 minutes ago, Harry94 said:

The end of February is better  than  the end of March , but still........... 

Its still not good 6 weeks is about 5 league games 

Better it happened now else we could have closed  the window and then be a player down. Can't help but think that Waddell should be recalled. Somehow don't get the feeling that we will see much of Davies this season.

I think it’s fanciful to believe Davies will be match fit in six weeks.

• Like 1