The Dark Blues
Harry94

Seny Dieng - Officially Signs

Rate this topic

24 year old 'keeper Seny Dieng arrives on loan from QPR!

• Wowzer 1

5 minutes ago, Harry94 said:

What's your take on this Harry?.

Welcome to Dens Seny. Have we signed a Swiss player before?

Just looked at his Instagram page, we are definitely going to be going route 1.

Boy took a goal kick and walloped it into the opponents box.

Just now, Reverend Lovejoy said:

What's your take on this Harry?.

Just a wee look through Twitter and there isn't a huge amount about him which I think is actually quite a good thing - any mention seems to be that he's solid and Stevenage fans definitely wanted him to stay apart from one or two wee half errors.

I think it's hardest to tell with a goalkeeper tbh. Don't see any problem in his history though as I think that him playing six months in League Two and doing fine is a good level to be playing at.

• Like 1

WTF?! He’s under 30, never played for county and we haven’t heard of him? Get him in the sea!

welcome big lad 😀

• Funny 1
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Cobra said:

Not the country he represents but Kusunga is Swiss.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Cobra said:

Kusunga was born in Switzerland

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Travellingdee said:

Can someone tell  me please, how many goalies do we actually  have?

Just three. Hamilton, Parish and Dieng.

Gourlay and Ferrie out on loan at Elgin and Stirling respectively. Beyond that, we have a 'keeper, Sam Jackson, who is part of the under 18s but covers for the reserves.

I imagine Parish will go.

Or keep parish as only loan until end of season ? Maybe the big lad will get the nod over Hamilton ? Anyway welcome to Dundee 

I wouldn't let Parish go until the end of the season. He kept some vital clean sheets and made some big saves last season. He's arguably still the best keeper at the club and could easily end this season as No 1 so I wouldn't be letting him leave any time soon.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Harry94 said:

This lad will be our number 1 until the end of the season. Solid Keeper.

2 minutes ago, Cobra said:

I wouldn't let Parish go until the end of the season. He kept some vital clean sheets and made some big saves last season. He's arguably still the best keeper at the club and could easily end this season as No 1 so I wouldn't be letting him leave any time soon.

So Hamilton goes for you because it clearly can't be the new boy?

JM seems to have made it clear that Hamilton is ahead of Parish in the pecking order.

2 minutes ago, CW 90+3 02/05/16 said:

So Hamilton goes for you because it clearly can't be the new boy?

JM seems to have made it clear that Hamilton is ahead of Parish in the pecking order.

I think we should keep all three until the end of the season.

Hamilton is the current number 1 but his form has been a bit erratic and he could always get injured. Dieng is a bit of an unknown quantity as he's hardly played first team football. Parish is under contract and we might need him so I don't see any sense in pushing him out the door. Not until we're safe anyway.

• Like 1

Seny is a big lad at just over 6ft 3, which makes him an inch or two bigger than our other keepers.

39 minutes ago, TheDarkBlues said:

This lad will be our number 1 until the end of the season. Solid Keeper.

Interesting. I must admit I know absolutely zero about this guy. Can you elaborate or are you going on your gut feeling?. Any info appreciated. 👍

He played a dozen times for League Two Stevenage earlier this season and kept a few clean sheets.

It's worth taking a look at the highlights from his debut against Norwich in the cup. Looks very decent.

Mentions of Dieng on the Stevenage forum below. Almost all positives. Apparently he returned to QPR for family reasons.

- He's settled in well. Gone under the radar somewhat. Not made any f**k ups and no one is talking about the goalkeeping position which makes a change

- He cost us one game with a howler 2-3 weeks ago. But I agree he's been very good

- Stepped up and claimed the GK shirt

- Dieng is the best thing since Chris Day 4/5 years ago

- Dieng is something else. Needs to be our number one for this season. Calm, composed

- Dieng has to start every game

- Dieng looked confident, coming for crosses

- Special shout out to Dieng. Not at fault for any

- Dieng 7/10, some good punches second half and a good strong left handed save first half

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, Cobra said:

Mentions of Dieng on the Stevenage forum below. Almost all positives. Apparently he returned to QPR for family reasons.

- He's settled in well. Gone under the radar somewhat. Not made any f**k ups and no one is talking about the goalkeeping position which makes a change

- He cost us one game with a howler 2-3 weeks ago. But I agree he's been very good

- Stepped up and claimed the GK shirt

- Dieng is the best thing since Chris Day 4/5 years ago

- Dieng is something else. Needs to be our number one for this season. Calm, composed

- Dieng has to start every game

- Dieng looked confident, coming for crosses

- Special shout out to Dieng. Not at fault for any

- Dieng 7/10, some good punches second half and a good strong left handed save first half

I give it 5 mins into his debut when  he turns into sh**e 😀

• Funny 2

4 hours ago, CW 90+3 02/05/16 said:

Quick glance at his wiki tells me he's scored before!

Back up striker 😀

Back up??

First choice!

I'm only guessing but ………... Parish was dropped immediately after making a number of mistakes against Livi.  Hamilton was at fault for the first goal against St J and his distribution was erratic.  Could be JM is as fed up as I am and will try out a keeper with a better record than our current goalies.  Good luck to the new lad and I imagine either or both Hamilton/Parish are mighty disappointed/on their way out.

He'll be out 1st choice keepers normally don't come on loan to bench warm 

1 hour ago, Surreydee said:

I'm only guessing but ………... Parish was dropped immediately after making a number of mistakes against Livi.  Hamilton was at fault for the first goal against St J and his distribution was erratic.  Could be JM is as fed up as I am and will try out a keeper with a better record than our current goalies.  Good luck to the new lad and I imagine either or both Hamilton/Parish are mighty disappointed/on their way out.

Genuinely not sure what Hamlton could have done with St Johnstone;s first goal other than be about a foot taller.