Reporting Content. Read more... ×
The Dark Blues
Harry94

Seny Dieng - Officially Signs

Rate this topic

1 minute ago, Reverend Lovejoy said:

It definitely (to me anyway) read like there's was some inside info, hence my question. It read like you were quite clear that he was to be our No.1.

Nope, it was my personal opinion and nothing more.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, TheDarkBlues said:

Scott Bain was a midfielder before he was a keeper, and was always good with the ball at his feet. Most keepers these day's are trained to kick the ball and take part with the other players in passing the ball.

I don't really think you get 'keepers at an elite level who aren't good footballers any more.

I'd love to see an experiment where someone like Ederson, Allison, De Gea etc plays in midfield for a team like Dundee. I'm sure their positioning and game awareness would be pretty pish but I imagine they could play in tight spaces reasonably well at this level.

The basics are still obviously important but it is really noticeable how the likes of Cech, Forster, Foster etc who are all really solid still have recently come under fire for their poor distribution. None of them are that bad at taking an awkward pass back and hoofing it into row z but the game seems to have just changed a lot in the past few years and it's often just not good enough for teams.

I think where we are, I still value a 'keeper who can take a cross and kill pressure more than a good footballer as I don't think Scottish Football is really at that level yet but there is some gradual changes we see. Scott Bain has a better chance than people give credit for at becoming Celtic number 1 long term IMO, they are so dependent on possession football and build up play domestically and I think with training, he's being moulded into that quite well. Watch him the next time Celtic play and watch Craig Gordon play - the pace of the game is very different when Bain is on the park and he really keeps things flowing quite well with a good range of passing.

• Like 2

I know it's premature but we should be looking to get Dieng tied up asap if it's possible IMO. The way he killed attacks by collecting high balls at the end of the box is invaluable to a team like us and I've not seen a 'keeper do it here for years.

• Like 8

13 minutes ago, Harry94 said:

I know it's premature but we should be looking to get Dieng tied up asap if it's possible IMO. The way he killed attacks by collecting high balls at the end of the box is invaluable to a team like us and I've not seen a 'keeper do it here for years.

Yep. And to think his signing might not have been planned ?.

2 minutes ago, Dondeh said:

Yep. And to think his signing might not have been planned ?.

Was talking about in mid December so think it was planned 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Harry94 said:

Absolutely. He looks way ahead of the two other keepers we have and neither of them are all that bad.

35 minutes ago, Souppie1893 said:

Better than Michel Pageaud???

Woah, now, let's not get silly here. 

• Funny 1

On 17/01/2019 at 09:50, Harry94 said:

I don't really think you get 'keepers at an elite level who aren't good footballers any more.

I'd love to see an experiment where someone like Ederson, Allison, De Gea etc plays in midfield for a team like Dundee. I'm sure their positioning and game awareness would be pretty pish but I imagine they could play in tight spaces reasonably well at this level.

The basics are still obviously important but it is really noticeable how the likes of Cech, Forster, Foster etc who are all really solid still have recently come under fire for their poor distribution. None of them are that bad at taking an awkward pass back and hoofing it into row z but the game seems to have just changed a lot in the past few years and it's often just not good enough for teams.

I think where we are, I still value a 'keeper who can take a cross and kill pressure more than a good footballer as I don't think Scottish Football is really at that level yet but there is some gradual changes we see. Scott Bain has a better chance than people give credit for at becoming Celtic number 1 long term IMO, they are so dependent on possession football and build up play domestically and I think with training, he's being moulded into that quite well. Watch him the next time Celtic play and watch Craig Gordon play - the pace of the game is very different when Bain is on the park and he really keeps things flowing quite well with a good range of passing.

Reckon Ederson would be our star man in centre mid. 

The difference the keeper is making cannot be underestimated. He’s a commanding keeper who plays the game knowing the entire box is his area (not just the wee space in the six yard box in front of his goals). He also seems to be communicating a lot and letting defenders and midfielders no what he wants and expects. With him commanding his box it will allow us to defend higher up the park which will in turn give confidence to the midfield and strikers to adopt JMs style of pressing the opposition (ie we have strikers who will Harry and harass defenders and no they have teammates in support rather than doing loads of donkey work and turning round to see the midfield and defenders sitting 50yards behind and camped on the edge of there own box).

While Nelson might score the goals to keep us up or Dales might provide the assists, I think Deing might or will turn out to be the best signing we make this window.

• Like 3

Not just his box, do you see how far he stands outside the box when we’re up the park!!

23 minutes ago, Bjs said:

The difference the keeper is making cannot be underestimated. He’s a commanding keeper who plays the game knowing the entire box is his area (not just the wee space in the six yard box in front of his goals). He also seems to be communicating a lot and letting defenders and midfielders no what he wants and expects. With him commanding his box it will allow us to defend higher up the park which will in turn give confidence to the midfield and strikers to adopt JMs style of pressing the opposition (ie we have strikers who will Harry and harass defenders and no they have teammates in support rather than doing loads of donkey work and turning round to see the midfield and defenders sitting 50yards behind and camped on the edge of there own box).

While Nelson might score the goals to keep us up or Dales might provide the assists, I think Deing might or will turn out to be the best signing we make this window.

I was not at the game, but even from a DeeTV perspective, you could see just how much the keeper took charge & responsibility. It could be said he was only doing what was expected of him. But he's hardly landed at Dens & as said above, there was no question as to who was in charge ...even to the extent of issuing orders & telling off the more established players... None o' this nonsense o' sticking to his line & confining himself to the six yard box (mind sometimes he seemed to get so absorbed wi the action he took tae wandering ootside the penalty box) :bye:

I think he is gonna develop into someone pretty special ... I accept others ... especially those at the game may have seen things different:chaplin:

• Like 2

14 hours ago, Harry94 said:

100% agree.

I think it was pretty obvious from the start this lad can be a very good find if we can get him secured on a permanent deal .

8 hours ago, DBDU said:

100% agree.

I think it was pretty obvious from the start this lad can be a very good find if we can get him secured on a permanent deal .

I think he is the best signing we have made this season, looks outstanding and for the first time since big Rab I actually have confidence in our keeper to do the right thing! Get him fixed up Jim! I think Seny has a huge future in the game let’s enjoy him while we can before he inevitably moves onto bigger and better things.