Adblock Detected

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.

Seny Dieng - Officially Signs

harry94

1 hour ago, Surreydee said:

I'm only guessing but ………... Parish was dropped immediately after making a number of mistakes against Livi.  Hamilton was at fault for the first goal against St J and his distribution was erratic.  Could be JM is as fed up as I am and will try out a keeper with a better record than our current goalies.  Good luck to the new lad and I imagine either or both Hamilton/Parish are mighty disappointed/on their way out.

Genuinely not sure what Hamlton could have done with St Johnstone;s first goal other than be about a foot taller.

Adblock Detected

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.

I like Hamilton and some kicking aside, think he's been decent and is getting better with more games. I feel his whole time here I've been in the minority though.

Think a number of fans have been against him since day one due to the "fee" and he was pretty shaky earlier in the season tbf. I think with confidence he'll be a good keeper who occasionally kicks the ball out of play. Not a major problem and not worth the reaction it gets at Dens when it happens. Hysteria.

Also think because of the above, the same fans have rewritten history with Parish who let in a number of bad goals for us in both seasons and was steady at best.

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, CW 90+3 02/05/16 said:

I like Hamilton and some kicking aside, think he's been decent and is getting better with more games. I feel his whole time here I've been in the minority though.

Think a number of fans have been against him since day one due to the "fee" and he was pretty shaky earlier in the season tbf. I think with confidence he'll be a good keeper who occasionally kicks the ball out of play. Not a major problem and not worth the reaction it gets at Dens when it happens. Hysteria.

Also think because of the above, the same fans have rewritten history with Parish who let in a number of bad goals for us in both seasons and was steady at best.

If the defenders didn't pass the ball to him so often he wouldn't look so bloody bad with the ball at his feet.

It's clearly the main weakness in his game and yet he's probably touched the ball with his feet more than our strikers this season.

5 hours ago, Cobra said:

He played a dozen times for League Two Stevenage earlier this season and kept a few clean sheets.

It's worth taking a look at the highlights from his debut against Norwich in the cup. Looks very decent.

Nothing there says 'very decent to me, made the saves he should have made and got lucky three times when forwards should have scored. Came steaming out for a ball that was never his and wiped out a defender at one point - not good.

• Like 1
  • Funny 1

6 hours ago, Prince Buster said:

Nothing there says 'very decent to me, made the saves he should have made and got lucky three times when forwards should have scored. Came steaming out for a ball that was never his and wiped out a defender at one point - not good.

As my auld granny used to say - If you can't say anything nice, don't say anything at all.  Then again, she talked a lot of sh**e most of the time! 😁

• Funny 2

7 hours ago, Prince Buster said:

The assessment of the Stevenage fans was that he was superb against Norwich and I thought he made some decent saves in the highlights.

Let's see what he looks like for ourselves when he's in Dundee colours.

8 hours ago, Barkblue said:

If the defenders didn't pass the ball to him so often he wouldn't look so bloody bad with the ball at his feet.

I know we disagree on it but this really gets to me. He's a professional keeper and it shouldn't matter his position, he should be more than comfortable with the ball at his feet and his kicking should be spot on. Better than 50% of defenders, I'd argue. 

He was certainly comfortable enough at the start of the season. 

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Cobra said:

I wouldn't let Parish go until the end of the season. He kept some vital clean sheets and made some big saves last season. He's arguably still the best keeper at the club and could easily end this season as No 1 so I wouldn't be letting him leave any time soon.

I agree .

Parish isn't the greatest keeper we have ever had but by and large is reliable and for me is the most consistent keeper at Dens .

Hope the new lad is the answer to what I think a lot of us believe  is a problem area for us . 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Surreydee said:

I'm only guessing but ………... Parish was dropped immediately after making a number of mistakes against Livi.  Hamilton was at fault for the first goal against St J and his distribution was erratic.  Could be JM is as fed up as I am and will try out a keeper with a better record than our current goalies.  Good luck to the new lad and I imagine either or both Hamilton/Parish are mighty disappointed/on their way out.

No way, was Hamilton at fault with that goal. Unbelievable.

• Like 1

Adblock Detected