The Dark Blues
Cobra

Dundee V Queen of the South

Rate this topic

Dundee v Queen of the South  

89 members have voted

1. 1. What are you expecting when the Dee host Queens?

• A comprehensive win
    • A narrow win
    • A draw and a replay
    • A miserable defeat

Gents, lots of focus on CK, it didn’t really matter as whether it was left, right or straight through the middle, a made up defence had no protection from the midfield across park. Agreed we hadn’t played for 3 weeks and yes there are new faces to settle in. Deacon, subbed at half time and rightly so, Innes was trying to be too clever and failed to clear his lines on too many occasions. At this time, is the Scottish Cup that important other than to pick up a bit more cash for one more game, if we go out of the Scottish but pick up a point at Hearts, Motherwell and beat Hamilton we could be sitting 10th in Feb. 

3 minutes ago, Huggs66 said:

Gents, lots of focus on CK, it didn’t really matter as whether it was left, right or straight through the middle, a made up defence had no protection from the midfield across park. Agreed we hadn’t played for 3 weeks and yes there are new faces to settle in. Deacon, subbed at half time and rightly so, Innes was trying to be too clever and failed to clear his lines on too many occasions. At this time, is the Scottish Cup that important other than to pick up a bit more cash for one more game, if we go out of the Scottish but pick up a point at Hearts, Motherwell and beat Hamilton we could be sitting 10th in Feb. 

Fair enough point of view but it is a game where the team needs IMO to be the strongest we can field to give them more game time to gel. It's game time they need and resting players for more important games is not on IMO.

44 minutes ago, Reverend Lovejoy said:

I have it in my head that you've been pretty relentless in you're criticism of Kerr hence my view that you had a particular dislike of him, as a player obviously. I've maybe imagined it to be worse than it is though.

Cammy, imo, isn't a bad player. There's reasons why teams target what they perceive to be the weaknesses in our side. I'm no expert but it seems fairly obvious that, probably due to lack of options, were playing a guy in front of Cammy who's lack of defensive nous leaves us wide open down that side, particularly on the counter. Thats one of  a number of things that have went against Kerr in his time in the first team. He's probably his own worst enemy at times as well though by being prepared to go above and beyond what should be reasonably expected of him. I don't have any evidence to back things up but I'd be surprised if managers here haven't taken advantage of his willingness to do almost anything that's asked of him at times. The captaincy, whilst a great honour, was a big mistake. Cammy really just needs a proper run with a wee bit of experience playing in front of him and then we'll see what he can do. The armband, being asked to defend AND provide the width by NM and the 3rd centre back thing haven't really helped him develop into a proper right back. I think he's always had some extra pressure since his emergence really.

No I'm not his Dad.😂

Playing him at left back because there was absolutely no one else in the squad didn't help. 

• Like 3