Adblock Detected

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.

Andy Murray

Adblock Detected

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.

Respect big man. I for one would never have thought I would have become a tennis fan. Watching Andy was a hell of a ride and it is terrible that he had to retire this way. A giant in a brutal era in tennis. Definitely the best British tennis player ever and arguably Scotland's greatest ever sportsman!

• Like 5

As schoolkids, we used to play tennis every summer, for a couple of weeks, in the car-free street, a very 'foreign' game to us. 

For the first half century of my life, the suggestion of a Scot winning Wimbledon & becoming World nr.1 tennis player, would have led to a trip to Liff in a straight-jacket....then I watched this skinny, lippy, Scots teenager beat a skinny Djokovic to win a US youth 'open'....sensational strength & tactics, and fight. Fantastic that he made it to the top.

I hope he does get to 'take his bow' at Wimbeldon....a fantastic role model for kids, hugely influential in Davis Cup success....the Wimbeldon tweet said something along the lines of "you'll never know how much you've done (for tennis in the UK)". 

• Like 1

For Murray to end Britain's 77-year wait for a Wimbledon champion was an incredible achievement. To do so during the sport's golden era was astonishing.

Federer, Nadal and Djokovic are probably the three greatest tennis players ever and Murray wouldn't stop until he reached their level. No wonder his body is starting break down.

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, Cobra said:

For Murray to end Britain's 77-year wait for a Wimbledon champion was an incredible achievement. To do so during the sport's golden era was astonishing.

Federer, Nadal and Djokovic are probably the three greatest tennis players ever and Murray wouldn't stop until he reached their level. No wonder his body is starting break down.

and listening to various comments today about all of those players successfully coming back from injury.

The key point was that none had a hip injury like Andy's - which is career ending.

Adblock Detected