Reporting Content. Read more... ×
The Dark Blues

Rate this topic

1 hour ago, Dayster said:

He isn’t a member of the trust so he couldn’t go...

however your point is totally valid and the club should be looking to have an open meeting with all fans to explain plans and flush away rumours 

They could invite a guest then he could leave

38 minutes ago, Islaydarkblue said:

Hi BCG,

i am very surprised that you could not be arsed as there were members who live in your neck of the woods who took the trouble to attend yesterday’s AGM. 

The discussion was mostly about the A shares and why FPS want to purchase them from the society to take FPS up to the 75% limit. 

You do not have to be Einstein to work out why as the entrenched rights on the A shares are priceless. 

It was stated at the AGM that all DFCSS members will receive an email about what was discussed at the AGM and Q&A parts of the yesterday’s AGM. 

I hope that this allays everyone’s concerns.

Please keep checking the inbox of your computer. 

My arm is in a sling after surgery so could not be bothered with public transport. No driving at the mo.

5 minutes ago, Billy Campbell's Ghost said:

They could invite a guest then he could leave

John Nelms wouldn't have accepted the invitation so why should he be invited? The society has tried and tried to engage with FPS but to put it quite simply they're not interested in talking to anyone but the chairman of the DSA, an organisation that represents supporters' clubs and not supporters.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Billy Campbell's Ghost said:

My arm is in a sling after surgery so could not be bothered with public transport. No driving at the mo.

Hi BCG,

Sorry to hear about your arm being in sling after surgery and obviously you cannot drive. I too am not allowed to drive for a week after my op.

1 minute ago, Prince Buster said:

John Nelms wouldn't have accepted the invitation so why should he be invited? The society has tried and tried to engage with FPS but to put it quite simply they're not interested in talking to anyone but the chairman of the DSA, an organisation that represents supporters' clubs and not supporters.

Hi PB.

You have hit the nail on the head. 

It was also stated at the meeting about the great difficulty the society have had trying engage with FPS but with no success until recently. 

In my opinion John Nelms should be arranging a Q&A in some place like the Caird Hall to explain to all the Dundee members what exactly FPS’s intentions are for Dundee FC and the new development at the former NCR Camperdown grounds. 

Emails have went out now folks.

I'd be very disappointed if the club didn't issue a detailed statement before the deadline of the 21st to get our responses to the consultation in - it's essential for them to interact ASAP if they want a favourable response.

• Like 2
  • Star Post 1

10 minutes ago, Harry94 said:

Emails have went out now folks.

I'd be very disappointed if the club didn't issue a detailed statement before the deadline of the 21st to get our responses to the consultation in - it's essential for them to interact ASAP if they want a favourable response.

Spot on. Only thing I would add is that there is no time bar set for Society to respond to club (and no detail to respond to) at this stage. So 21st is a society set date rather than club fwiw 

Only 130 odd members - not great. Maybe TDB needs to promote joining? I keep meaning to sign up and then forget. Can only be a handful on here who are members

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, DarkBlueKnight said:

Only 130 odd members - not great. Maybe TDB needs to promote joining? I keep meaning to sign up and then forget. Can only be a handful on here who are members

Link is here. Took me a few mins before and set up the direct debit with that go careless thing easy enough - other options too.

• Like 1

Been at the last few AGMs, yesterday was the best of them. Ian Baird and his Board conducted business well I thought.

Norrie Price a welcome addition to their group in my view. Well done to everyone who attended and participated in the post AGM Q and A . I thought many good points were well made. 

Huge thanks to those that made it possible. 

• Like 5
  • Star Post 2

12 minutes ago, Scottg said:

Been at the last few AGMs, yesterday was the best of them. Ian Baird and his Board conducted business well I thought.

Norrie Price a welcome addition to their group in my view. Well done to everyone who attended and participated in the post AGM Q and A . I thought many good points were well made. 

Clear message for me was that FPS could do a lot more to explain why they want the AShares.

Renewed my membership, I'm very concerned that FPS might be up to something not beneficial to our club.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Prince Buster said:

Renewed my membership

Snap..

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Harry94 said:

Link is here. Took me a few mins before and set up the direct debit with that go careless thing easy enough - other options too.

Just set up the DD with Go Cardless 👌

• Like 1

1 hour ago, DarkBlueKnight said:

Hi DBK.

It is easy to join DFCSS. http://www.dee4life.com/memberships

Just follow the links. I pay my subscription by Go Cashlesss and it works fine.

1 hour ago, Scottg said:

Echo those thanks on all who attended, good to hear guys like Norrie Price (legend) are involved. Thanks for feedback Scott.

1 hour ago, Harry94 said:

6 minutes ago, Ricky Spanish said:

Just set up the DD with Go Cardless 👌

Well done Ricky, probably a much safer option than the one Harry chose ;)  

• Funny 4

I'm no longer a member of the DFCSS. I haven't received any correspondence from them since around Admin 2. I'd likely have still been a member otherwise. I've actually tried to contact them a couple of times recently due to a fake DFCSS account doing the rounds but heard nothing back. I assumed they were no longer active.

I've just rejoined FDCSS online. I think it is time for all Dees to help DFCSS ensure that FPS do not ride all over our club and start to communicate properly with us.

• Like 1

I saw the original post yesterday evening & thought about posting to say that Ian Baird (Society chairman) had said he'd issue a summary to DFCSS members on monday, it would likely end up on here & being more widely discussed....then forgot to do it. No secrecy (though Islay wound a few up, I see ;)), just leaving it to the right people to issue the information....but non-members should be aware there's always that element of 'need for confidentiality' from the Club Board (not just the current one), that makes open communication a bit more difficult for the Society board, at times. 

My views on the AGM are similar to Dayster & Scottg....routine AGM business first (nothing controversial & minutes always get posted later on dee4life.com), good to see Norrie voted onto DFCSS Board (still 2 more vanacies, I think), then second half was the Q&A on the 'discussion paper'. It was good to see a couple of 'old heads' from the DFCSS Board there (even Dayster counts as 'old' now!), and to hear some background to why those key "entrenched rights" were established in the way they were, within the club's Articles of Association (AoA), rather than in a shareholder agreement (see Dayster's post).   

• The Club's desire to acquire 75% or above of shares is apparently related to DBH group accounting/taxation, and seems reasonably sensible to me.....but as mentioned on Friday, they can achieve this % of DFC shares via the Ordinary Shares, by a couple of different routes....there is no need for them to acquire the key 'A' Shares which DFCSS hold exclusively...and which protect the "entrenched rights". I don't think these 'A' Shares should ever be sold, and that alone is why we as fans need to keep DFCSS alive.  
  • I think DFCSS should assist the Club Board with anything that might hinder progress with the Camperdown funding/development, but as Dayster indicates, DFCSS just need to confirm (in writing) they have no objection to DFC moving from Dens to Camperdown & no objection to sharing that stadium with the Arabs (if DBH persuade the Arabs to move, at any time now or in the future). The "right to veto" of those 2 items does not need to be amended in the AoA....and it's crucial we keep those "entrenched rights" vetos in place, for future change of DFC ownership.

I agree that DFC/DBH need to meet with DFCSS & present more details of their plans, they must realise that by not opening up a bit, they generate an air of doubt & mistrust. I think the DFCSS Board are taking the right course with this, and hope the Club responds constructively.  

• Like 3
  • Star Post 5

2 hours ago, Harry94 said:

Thanks for the link. I've signed up. It's only a fiver. Hopefully we can get a few more on board. I think this last week shows that a strong Society is needed to safeguard the club's future.

• Like 2

59 minutes ago, Double Blue said:

I've just rejoined FDCSS online. I think it is time for all Dees to help DFCSS ensure that FPS do not ride all over our club and start to communicate properly with us.

If you think all Dee's should join DFCSS for why have joined FDCSS?.😂

Also just signed up again.
Gave it up,when the club nicked DFCTV of the society,which was a tenner a month at that time.
Definitely some concerning stuff going on just now. Thanks to all the guys who have given updates.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Reverend Lovejoy said:

If you think all Dee's should join DFCSS for why have joined FDCSS?.😂

Because I'm dsyletcic? 👅

1 hour ago, Reverend Lovejoy said:

I'm no longer a member of the DFCSS. I haven't received any correspondence from them since around Admin 2. I'd likely have still been a member otherwise. I've actually tried to contact them a couple of times recently due to a fake DFCSS account doing the rounds but heard nothing back. I assumed they were no longer active.

I've actually just received another email from the fake DFCSS account.