The Dark Blues

Rate this topic

12 hours ago, TheDarkBlues said:

According to who?

I've been told that first hand from a coach who's had the foreign players. Only Moussa was given pass marks for workrate and effort. The others weren't interested.

I actually thought Stewart was struggling for fitness a bit in his first season, he had just jumped up to full-time football.

I felt that the second season, he dramatically improved in that regard. Harkins to some extent too actually, I think he got into the best shape of his career towards the end of his spell and genuinely thought his last pre-season was going to do well for him.

Hartley tended to sign players with questionable fitness issues but Tam Ritchie really worked them hard. He got a lot of stick because that was apparently at the expense of bulking some of them up but I it did wonders for a few players we had at that period.

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Reverend Lovejoy said:

I've been told that first hand from a coach who's had the foreign players. Only Moussa was given pass marks for workrate and effort. The others weren't interested.

That certainly sounds credible to me.

I don't for a second think that McIntyre wanted to come in mid season and basically declare half the first team squad as unfit for duty, so there simply has to be a reason over and above that why he dropped players completely that he was willing to give a chance to early on.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Reverend Lovejoy said:

Neither would I put much effort in knowing full well I wasn't going to get a chance of playing first team football - regardless of what I did on the training pitch.

I'd be very surprised if madianga doesn't get another chance on Saturday because kamara won't play and a woods/mcgowan cm pairing gives me the fear

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, TheDarkBlues said:

Neither would I put much effort in knowing full well I wasn't going to get a chance of playing first team football - regardless of what I did on the training pitch.

I don't think it worked that way round. He did play when McIntyre first arrived.

11 minutes ago, TheDarkBlues said:

Well we're all different. If someone told me that I wasn't good enough then I'd set out to prove them wrong. 

IF Madianga stepped onto the pitch and played to his potential, doing what he was asked to do and still wasn't given a chance then I'd seriously question our manager. As it is he's stepped down a level and failed to impress there either. The guy I spoke to is not a shouter or a bawler he's a pretty laid back guy and has a good way about him. I've heard a lot of good things about this particular coach. He was pretty disappointed with the foreign guys, effort wise, bar Moussa.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Reverend Lovejoy said:

Well we're all different. If someone told me that I wasn't good enough then I'd set out to prove them wrong. 

IF Madianga stepped onto the pitch and played to his potential, doing what he was asked to do and still wasn't given a chance then I'd seriously question our manager. As it is he's stepped down a level and failed to impress there either. The guy I spoke to is not a shouter or a bawler he's a pretty laid back guy and has a good way about him. I've heard a lot of good things about this particular coach. He was pretty disappointed with the foreign guys, effort wise, bar Moussa.

Got told the very same info, months ago.

4 minutes ago, Barkblue said:

I don't think it worked that way round. He did play when McIntyre first arrived.

All I remember is that JM came in and Ngwatala and Madianga were never seen again.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Reverend Lovejoy said:

Fair enough, will take your word for it... but I still feel that there is a good player in Madianga and I just think that it is a waste of possible talent. Maybe someone at the club should give him a good kick up the arse then and get him to motivate himself.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, TheDarkBlues said:

All I remember is that JM came in and Ngwatala and Madianga were never seen again.

That's an 'Islay' if ever I seen one.😂

• Funny 1
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Reverend Lovejoy said:

That's an 'Islay' if ever I seen one.😂

Oh dear god help me! 😓

• Funny 1

2 minutes ago, TheDarkBlues said:

Fair enough, will take your word for it... but I still feel that there is a good player in Madianga and I just think that it is a waste of possible talent. Maybe someone at the club should give him a good kick up the a**e then and get him to motivate himself.

You can take whatever you want for it John, you asked the question, I gave you an honest answer.

No skin off my nose which ever way you take it. Madianga has potential to be good here I agree but we currently don't have the time and he currently doesn't have the application.

Just now, TheDarkBlues said:

Madianga started and was awful in McIntyre's first game and got hooked early in the second half. He also got the last 45 minutes against Hearts the next week and was no better.

Ngwatala started that game and got hooked early in the second half as well. Maybe the manager asked them about work rate, attitude, tracking runners and positional sense then and the player never responded?

Neither featured in the Celtic shambles at Dens and then Woods was signed to play that position. Ngwatala has occasionally made the bench since, Madianga has never been seen again.

The fact that guys like Spence and Lambert have had game time ahead of the pair would suggest McIntyre really isn't impressed with what he's seen.

For all that it matters, my take is that both are technically decent players that in a good, confident team might look quite effective. Ask them to graft and make things happen and neither want to know. I'd get the clamour to get Madianga back in the team if he'd been brilliant earlier in the season but he wasn't. He was OK. Better than Spence, granted, but whatever the job the manager has asked them to do, the manager clearly doesn't think they can. Neither have imposed themselves or dominated a game in any they have played, not to me anyway.

• Like 1
  • Star Post 1

10 hours ago, Reverend Lovejoy said:

If Madianga isn't interested then we've only got ourselves to blame. Before joining Dundee he'd only played a handful of first team games in Bulgaria before he went AWOL. McCann didn't half like taking chances.

1 minute ago, Barkblue said:

Madianga started and was awful in McIntyre's first game and got hooked early in the second half. He also got the last 45 minutes against Hearts the next week and was no better.

Ngwatala started that game and got hooked early in the second half as well. Maybe the manager asked them about work rate, attitude, tracking runners and positional sense then and the player never responded?

Neither featured in the Celtic shambles at Dens and then Woods was signed to play that position. Ngwatala has occasionally made the bench since, Madianga has never been seen again.

The fact that guys like Spence and Lambert have had game time ahead of the pair would suggest McIntyre really isn't impressed with what he's seen.

For all that it matters, my take is that both are technically decent players that in a good, confident team might look quite effective. Ask them to graft and make things happen and neither want to know. I'd get the clamour to get Madianga back in the team if he'd been brilliant earlier in the season but he wasn't. He was OK. Better than Spence, granted, but whatever the job the manager has asked them to do, the manager clearly doesn't think they can. Neither have imposed themselves or dominated a game in any they have played, not to me anyway.

As I said, I just don't remember them playing again for the club once JM came in and this is probably why. lol

Thinking about it, I like many others probably feel disappointed regarding these two players as I believed they could have done a good job here and done really well for us. Sadly, they have been written off by the manager and the fans, but I can see that is more down to the players rather than the Manager now.

2 minutes ago, TheDarkBlues said:

As I said, I just don't remember them playing again for the club once JM came in and this is probably why. lol

Thinking about it, I like many others probably feel disappointed regarding these two players as I believed they could have done a good job here and done really well for us. Sadly, they have been written off by the manager and the fans, but I can see that is more down to the players rather than the Manager now.

I do think it's a bit of both.

I'd say that they aren't the best players suited to how the managers sees us getting out of trouble. Only time will tell if McIntyre is right with that approach.