The Dark Blues

Rate this topic

He was poor in the 1st half against Livi away earlier this season before being subbed but I still think there is more than a decent player in there.  Whether he still fancies it here is another matter but if he did would you give him another chance?  Its a yes for me.  Nothing ventured, nothing gained.

• Like 2

Think he is further from JMs thoughts than most due to his total lack of any English language skills. Big contract too! 

However for me he looked better than Mendy or Elton. 

10 minutes ago, Attilio said:

He was poor in the 1st half against Livi away earlier this season before being subbed but I still think there is more than a decent player in there.  Whether he still fancies it here is another matter but if he did would you give him another chance?  Its a yes for me.  Nothing ventured, nothing gained.

I'd say no personally because I think too much water had passed under the bridge. Even at reserve level he's been described as an embarrassment of a player who's just not interested in the hard work that's required. Plus I've been very reliably informed that getting him off the books would finance the signing of 2 players on pretty decent dosh. I'd normally not take any interest in stuff about wages but I've absolutely no reason to disbelieve the wage he allegedly earns. 

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, Attilio said:

In JM's world of football. He must surely be a million miles away?.

2 minutes ago, Mr Sensible said:

One of the biggest earners at Dens...

Must have some agent

That's what I heard. Big money too. Very reliable source who's normally spot on.

8 minutes ago, Mr Sensible said:

One of the biggest earners at Dens...

Must have some agent

Absolutely criminal 🤬

Second biggest earner at the club.

Hes clearly a player but his lack of English won’t help his cause.

Crazy signing a player who has a very poor command of the English language and arrives without an interpreter.

11 minutes ago, Dondeh said:

Absolutely criminal 🤬

There are others that Your draw would drop at too! 

1 minute ago, Cornerstone said:

Second biggest earner at the club.

Hes clearly a player but his lack of English won’t help his cause.

And that's the thing.  He can play - sort of 😀 and it doesn't look like he's going anywhere else fast at the moment.  Including him and Kamara we're looking to ditch at least 10 players from our squad (including Haber) and so far (maybe early days) we haven't been filling these spaces easily.  There may well be a time and it could be as early as this Saturday where the services of Madianga or another of the rejects may be required.  What do you do?  Cut off your nose to spite your face?  If JM can bring in suitable replacements from his Ross County connections or elsewhere then all is well and good.  Time is passing.

• Like 1

Madianga might have to be involved given the lack of midfielders at the club. I dread to think what the team will look like if McGowan and Woods pick up knocks this week.

Madianga's not gonna play. He's dropped down the levels and failed to impress with his lack of effort and poor attitude. Even the youth coaches don't want him in their team. The only player who I've heard good things about at reserve level is Moussa. Unfortunately it was his attitude and workrate that we're commended and not his ability. Really can't see JM offering the unwanted players a lifeline under any circumstances.

• Like 2

I think he's a decent enough player but you can't spend 20 mins every game explaining to him what you want to do...plus I don't think any interpreter would be able to "get the f**cking fut in or hoof the f**cking ba awa Tae f**k from our goal" translated properly

• Funny 4
  • Like 1

Let’s buy a load of boys that have never made it at a decent level, some who don’t speak English, bring them to a cold grey foreign country miles from home and ....of course we will transform them into quality players. 

Mind boggling! 

• Like 4
  • Star Post 1

Just now, Charliedee said:

I think he's a decent enough player but you can't spend 20 mins every game explaining to him what you want to do...plus I don't think any interpreter would be able to "get the f**cking fut in or hoof the f**cking ba awa Tae f**k from our goal" translated properly

Was thinking the same myself.  I think the language side of things isn't as much of an issue tbh.  Football can be an international language and tactics etc tend to be the same the world over.  If the fella has a poor attitude then that's another thing but personally I wouldn't be giving up on him yet.

• Like 4
  • Star Post 1

2 minutes ago, Attilio said:

Was thinking the same myself.  I think the language side of things isn't as much of an issue tbh.  Football can be an international language and tactics etc tend to be the same the world over.  If the fella has a poor attitude then that's another thing but personally I wouldn't be giving up on him yet.

I never bought into the language thing to be honest. I'm like you in that I think he has something to offer but that we don't have the time or resource to get him up to speed. It's not like we're Man Utd and we can have players on good money working away behind the scenes while they adjust to their new environment.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Reverend Lovejoy said:

I never bought into the language thing to be honest. I'm like you in that I think he has something to offer but that we don't have the time or resource to get him up to speed. It's not like we're Man Utd and we can have players on good money working away behind the scenes while they adjust to their new environment.

I too questioned the language part but im assured it’s a big issue - if you don’t understand you have to try even harder than your team mates to compensate for the subtle parts your eyes don’t pick up- if you don’t your worthless 

Got told his attitude and a few others, was total sh**e, at the start of October, the warning bells, were going into Overdrive by then, they just didn't give a sh*t about our Club, that's why we are in the middle of a crisis and off loading McCan'ts signings as quick as McIntyre can, but we require decent/better, fitter and decent proud professionals, like our Defiant season, now they were true great proud professionals, unlike these charlatans, McCan't brought to our Club.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Reverend Lovejoy said:

Good points Rev and I agree completely that at some point the player has to take responsibility for his own performances and that the club can only do so much for any player. 

In an ideal world there would be a queue of other clubs (or even one) wanting to take this player off our hands and it would maybe give the manager something to play with in finding a replacement.  I have little faith in that scenario playing out though and at some point it could boil down to a case of the manager getting as much as he can out of the bits he has been left with.  Every manager would love and prefer to play the game with his own signings and players of his choice.  Sometimes that isn't 100% possible as we have seen over the last 4 or 5 years.  No criticism of JM intended but he needs to start bringing in these players of his choice or getting on with what he has at his disposal.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Valentke said:

Let’s buy a load of boys that have never made it at a decent level, some who don’t speak English, bring them to a cold grey foreign country miles from home and ....of course we will transform them into quality players. 

Mind boggling! 

Quoting myself as the more I think the angrier I get at ......John N.

What boss would buy into that strategy and back it with hard cash- wholly feck!?!?

• Star Post 1

5 minutes ago, Valentke said:

Quoting myself as the more I think the angrier I get at ......John N.

What boss would buy into that strategy and back it with hard cash- wholly feck!?!?

Surely the state we are in is all down to McCann...he would go to nelms with a player telling him he'll do a job for us and nelms trusting our manager would have given the ok ... after all McCann was supposed to be the football brains in this operation

5 minutes ago, Rocky Boy said:

we are in the middle of a crisis and off loading McCan'ts signings as quick as McIntyre can, but we require decent/better, fitter and decent proud professionals, like our Defiant season, now they were true great proud professionals, unlike these charlatans, McCan't brought to our Club.

And that could be the major stumbling block imo.  The assumption that these decent/better, fitter and proud professionals (couldn't have described what we need better btw) are all out there and will be available to us.  We've all been through enough January transfer windows to know that they aren't readily available or if they are, they will cost you (wages and contract length) . Part of me is disappointed that we haven't signed more replacements and part of me understands how difficult (or nearly impossible) a job it is going to be.  Best of luck to JM though.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Charliedee said:

Surely the state we are in is all down to McCann...he would go to nelms with a player telling him he'll do a job for us and nelms trusting our manager would have given the ok ... after all McCann was supposed to be the football brains in this operation

If one of my managers came to me with a hair brained strategy I’d tell them to go and think again and I’d start to question my appointment if they couldn’t. 

You don’t have to know anything about footballers to know how high risk that strategy was (Woodstein summed it up brilliantly a few months back) 

So both culpable 

• Like 1
  • Star Post 1

And that could be the major stumbling block imo.  The assumption that these decent/better, fitter and proud professionals (couldn't have described what we need better btw) are all out there and will be available to us.  We've all been through enough January transfer windows to know that they aren't readily available or if they are, they will cost you (wages and contract length) . Part of me is disappointed that we haven't signed more replacements and part of me understands how difficult (or nearly impossible) a job it is going to be.  Best of luck to JM though.

That's my worry too, are these better players, still available in this window, NM, totally fucked us up, but we require players, who are not bringing previous baggage with them.