Jump to content
The Dark Blues

Rate this topic

Recommended Posts

Worse case scenario it could be middle of march before he's fit. Hopefully it isn't as serious. Hopefully kusunga fit for Saturday alongside Innis otherwise it's Bradbury.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Guy on P&B saying he's heard the scan showed it wasn't broken. If it's ligament damage or something similar, would be far worse than a break. Hopefully he's just sprained or twisted his ankle. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
43 minutes ago, Ricky Spanish said:

Guy on P&B saying he's heard the scan showed it wasn't broken. If it's ligament damage or something similar, would be far worse than a break. Hopefully he's just sprained or twisted his ankle. 

Hurt yesterday and scanned already? Really?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Prince Buster said:

Hurt yesterday and scanned already? Really?

I think the x-ray would be done in a matter of hours and be able to rule out a break.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Harry94 said:

I think the x-ray would be done in a matter of hours and be able to rule out a break.

X-Ray yes but would need time to set up a scan, even Fernbrae can't do same or next day scans, guy on P&B saying scan so it's probably the X-Ray or made up.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Billy Campbell's Ghost said:

In bounce game v Fermers apparently. Have we no luck?

Certainly nae luck with duplicate threads 😉

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Club just announced Davies did indeed break his foot 🙈

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So Davies is expected to miss our next 9 league games and be back for our visit to Paisley at the end of March. If all goes well he should be back for our last eight games. Will be a big boost at what I expect will be a crucial time in the battle to stay up.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Ferry pub crawl said:

8 to 10 weeks out,once match fit,we'll be lucky to see him for the last few games 

6 weeks to heal and another 2-4 weeks to get match-fit.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Cobra said:

So Davies is expected to miss our next 9 league games and be back for our visit to Paisley at the end of March. If all goes well he should be back for our last eight games. Will be a big boost at what I expect will be a crucial time in the battle to stay up.

Our aim should be to get him back and fully fit for the five games after the split. As long as we still keep in the mix then there will be 15 winnable points up for grabs in those games and players like Davies will be key in those.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Mental we get long term injuries to meekings, Davies and kusunga plus O'Dea also suffering injury while livi's 3 centre backs have barely missed a game all season.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Wattie Rojas said:

Mental we get long term injuries to meekings, Davies and kusunga plus O'Dea also suffering injury while livi's 3 centre backs have barely missed a game all season.

Its the way it goes sometimes, you can debate the whole 'injury prone' thing but we've been freakishly unlucky.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Wattie Rojas said:

Mental we get long term injuries to meekings, Davies and kusunga plus O'Dea also suffering injury while livi's 3 centre backs have barely missed a game all season.

It's infuriating. Livi are having a great season on the back of their defence being ever-present while our defenders having been dropping like flies all season and now our new signing to shore up the defence breaks his foot before the fans have seen him walk on to the park. Unbelievable.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Our injury record in general this past few seasons has been something to behold, so much so I know I've not been alone in questioning our training methods and fitness levels. This Davies one though just beggars belief!! No accounting for freak injuries like that.

Now beginning to feel like we're cursed and destined to go down this season 🙈

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Being a Dundee fan is never easy. We go into a transfer window intent on strengthening our squad with the intention of kicking on once the play resumes. Somehow we've managed to make a flat season even flatter. JM better pull a few rabbits out of the hat now. Was trying to highlight the positives prior to today but look like that's a waste of time. 😞

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, Cobra said:

It's infuriating. Livi are having a great season on the back of their defence being ever-present while our defenders having been dropping like flies all season and now our new signing to shore up the defence breaks his foot before the fans have seen him walk on to the park. Unbelievable.

He's broke his foot before even proving his fitness, which is more alarming. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, WeighorstsWang said:

He's broke his foot before even proving his fitness, which is more alarming. 

He must have proved his fitness. He was signed. Otherwise it would be a daft signing. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Tragic luck for us, think he would have been a good boost for us. Need a few more signings in this window as Curran is the only new face who’s likely to start as far as I can see

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, WeighorstsWang said:

He's broke his foot before even proving his fitness, which is more alarming. 

More or less what I heard at the weekend. 18 month contract followed by bounce game game to prove his fitness. A new one on me if this is true.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing

    0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.