Adblock Detected

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.

Woods and McGowan

offshoredee

The midfield needs another 3 players,  I quite like Woods but needs a bit of quality along side him, McGowan looks to be paying the price for not looking after himself in his 20s. Jessy Curren is not good enough for this level although he could turn out like Martin Boyle with the right manager. Deacon should be embarrassed with himself after that first half performance, he cannot be trusted going forward and maybe has played his last game.

This starting 11 is still going down, ANOTHER 5 players needed in January if we are to have a chance.

• Like 1

Adblock Detected

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
3 hours ago, Cobra said:

I find it odd how one-footed McGowan is. You'd think a professional football training every week for 15+ years would learn to make a simple pass with his weaker foot. There was one point when he went to extreme lengths contorting his body to use his good foot and because it was so awkward the ball didn't go where he intended.

That's my pet hate too. Does my head in.

Midfield has been a problem for a few years now.

I would agree that Woods would be better with a creative player alongside.

Our last few managers have all played McGowan regularly which I’ve never really got. Effort aside, I don’t think he scores any more than a 5 out of 10 for any other aspect of his game. Passing, shooting, tackling, positioning? Bang average at them all and has been for a couple of seasons imo. 

How do poor teams like Dundee and Hamilton avoid relegation year and year? It's down to fighters who like McGowan and Imrie who don't go missing even when they're playing badly. If they were selfish they'd hide when things are not going their way.

Our big problem is that we are bereft of creativity. We're looking for McGowan to provide the spark but that's not what his game is about. McGowan is for me being made the scapegoat for the club's failure to replace Stewart and Harkins.

I think like with Jim Mac, we'll appreciate Gowser's contribution more when he's gone.

Why do we not have a thread about Deacon? I suppose if you don't get involved in the game and then get hooked at half-time you're not on folks' minds.

• Like 3

Good quote this from the Guardian's Barney Ronay... "I like Guendouzi. He is, in the best sense, a bit of an a***hole. Arsenal haven’t had a good a***hole for some time. They’ve had dickheads. But that’s not the same thing."

McGowan is the closest we've got to a good a***hole. He has a bit of presence and he noises up the opposition. Without that in the middle you really are fucked, as we found in the Club 12 season.

4 hours ago, 19seventyone said:

Midfield has been a problem for a few years now.

I would agree that Woods would be better with a creative player alongside.

Our last few managers have all played McGowan regularly which I’ve never really got. Effort aside, I don’t think he scores any more than a 5 out of 10 for any other aspect of his game. Passing, shooting, tackling, positioning? Bang average at them all and has been for a couple of seasons imo. 

McGowan is a funny one, I agree that when you break it down to a 'marks out of 10' thing he doesn't seem to have any standout ability but for some reason we're generally a better team with him in it. I don't know if its his passion or the way he encourages others but he seems to make a difference more often than not.

• Like 2

15 hours ago, Wattie Rojas said:

Woods is awful and gowser is off form. Even an uninterested, blindfolded kamara with his legs welded together would be better than Woods.

Madianga without these handicaps would be better too.

Wattie I normally agree with a lot you write, but McGowan isn’t off form, he is a limited player who is being found out. He is not good enough to be a defensive midfielder, not good enough to play wide midfield and not good enough to play as an attacking midfielder at this level anymore. 

Adblock Detected