Adblock Detected

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.

Andreas Hadenius - Officially Signs

harry94

3 minutes ago, CW 90+3 02/05/16 said:

Obviously like others have said, know nothing about the guy.

Seems a good age, height and experienced plus can play a number of positions like Harry has said.

I do wonder what the criteria is for signing boys like this though?

Presumably none of our staff have seen him play in real life so do you just get a recommendation or one of those databases that McCann used, watch a few youtube clips then make a decision?

I guess obscure foreign players have been part of the Scottish game for decades but I'm just curious as to what the process is if you've never seen the player play before.

With the feedback that McCann and other managers in this league have given in the past, it's just always a case of going through the data and then finding out what they can. It seemed to me that McCann had a very similar style of going through it as McNamara did at United and that ended up being high risk with the potential for players to just not be suited for this level but did have the odd diamond. This is something which has been discussed in the press relating to McIntyre himself when he appointed an analyst.

It seems to be that even at the big level, it comes to looking at the stats, watching videos and just taking a wee gamble.

I found this video quite interesting with how it analyses a single incident. Burnley play a no nonsense style where they defend in numbers and don't take risks at all, they then need a centre back and sign youngster James Tarkowski from Brentford. Tarkowski on the face of it is not a Burnely signing at all, he's not got a huge amount of experience, he's not that big for a centre back at that level (a big red flag you'd assume for Burnely with their style) and his talents are reputedly to be that he's a great technical defender.

What was counter intuitive and made him a good fit was that he's incredibly disciplined - doesn't pick up cards and makes very few blunders. That to Dyche turned out to be important more than every other metric and he's fit in tremendously well.

I've no idea what McIntyre's style is but he's probably picked a few key parameters he's interested in and just taken a gamble on someone who fits all or some of it and is within budget. We're in a January market and at County, whilst he did transform their fortunes with similar upheaval in January, the bulk of his signings were like this and pretty much just stop gaps to play a particular way and keep the team above the relegation zone - most of them leaving in the summer. He's signed a few ex players but I think this is the most Ross County signing of them all tbh.

Our strategy has been hammered a lot with McCann but like it or not, football recruitment just is a data exercise and a lot of it comes down to how smart we are in understanding that. Hopefully we get to that point where we have a squad of players we rely on and don't need to invest in uncertainty every so often but it feels like we're really far from that point. Even targets this summer from the Championship require a transfer fee and, most likely, extended contracts - it's quite costly for a caliber of player that haven't demonstrated ability at this level.

Adblock Detected

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.

Welcome to the club. Will be interesting to see how he does. Swedish players and Scandinavian players in general seem to do well in Scotland, would imagine that’s because our style of play and league is more similar to there’s, so I’m hopeful the guy can stay fit and hit the ground running for us. But let’s face it, hes going to be something else (and hopefully unlikely) if he’s to be worse than a number of our current and near past players.

15 minutes ago, Bjs said:

Welcome to the club. Will be interesting to see how he does. Swedish players and Scandinavian players in general seem to do well in Scotland, would imagine that’s because our style of play and league is more similar to there’s, so I’m hopeful the guy can stay fit and hit the ground running for us. But let’s face it, hes going to be something else (and hopefully unlikely) if he’s to be worse than a number of our current and near past players.

If he is a patch on another former player Freddie ljungberg he will do I suppose

3 hours ago, CW 90+3 02/05/16 said:

I do wonder what the criteria is for signing boys like this though?

Presumably none of our staff have seen him play in real life so do you just get a recommendation or one of those databases that McCann used, watch a few youtube clips then make a decision?

I guess obscure foreign players have been part of the Scottish game for decades but I'm just curious as to what the process is if you've never seen the player play before.

The Swedish season ended in October & starts again in March, so it's unlikely any of our staff have seen him play recently.

I suppose it's possible JM may have (or had, at County) some scouting connection who has watched players for him in Northern Europe over the last few seasons. A wee concern I'd have is that he doesn't appear to have played a single game for his new team, in the 2nd tier, last season (2018).

[late edit: just read that he was over for a few days training with the squad last week, so not a 'blind'/youtube signing]

1 hour ago, Chomp my root said:

Know absolutely nothing about the guy but I'm sure he's sh1te😂

Good that JM is casting his net though, anyone know about this boy ???

It's good to see you're starting on the right premise Chomp ... (I'm no' even sure eh can pronounce his name correctly, but I agree entirely):chaplin:

31 minutes ago, WoodStein said:

The Swedish season ended in October & starts again in March, so it's unlikely any of our staff have seen him play recently.

I suppose it's possible JM may have (or had, at County) some scouting connection who has watched players for him in Northern Europe over the last few seasons. A wee concern I'd have is that he doesn't appear to have played a single game for his new team, in the 2nd tier, last season (2018).

The stats on wikipedia etc are out of date and also a bit dodgy with countries who have different season start/end times.  He's played 7 games of the most recent season which ended in November - seemed to fall out of the picture fairly early on for some reason and then didn't get an appearance for quite some time.

It's a bit odd considering he was playing in the top flight for one of the strongest teams (he won a title with them and played in the Champions and Europa League) regularly for years and then he abruptly drops a league. The injury stats on Transfermarkt are not really kept up to date in Sweden so I half wonder if he's just had an unlucky season in that sense given most previous years have looked solid in appearance time.

15 minutes ago, Harry94 said:

The stats on wikipedia etc are out of date and also a bit dodgy with countries who have different season start/end times.  He's played 7 games of the most recent season which ended in November - seemed to fall out of the picture fairly early on for some reason and then didn't get an appearance for quite some time.

It's a bit odd considering he was playing in the top flight for one of the strongest teams (he won a title with them and played in the Champions and Europa League) regularly for years and then he abruptly drops a league. The injury stats on Transfermarkt are not really kept up to date in Sweden so I half wonder if he's just had an unlucky season in that sense given most previous years have looked solid in appearance time.

So good signing....if fit.

31 minutes ago, Cobra said:

Swede becomes a Dee... that's a turnip for the books. I hope the fans will root for the guy.

Welcome to Dens Andreas. I have a feeling the big man will be getting plenty game time.

Hope this signing works out as intended....just 🤞 he doesn't turn out to be a neep.

Acquiring Gleeson as well would be good, though maybe JM was looking at an either/or situation.

Adblock Detected