Adblock Detected

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.

James Horsfield - Officially Signs

harry94

Adblock Detected

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
1 hour ago, Billy Pirie said:

It's good that we now have cover and competition for right back now. I agree that Cammy has been a shadow of the player he was a couple of seasons ago but I don't think it's down to complacency. I don't see any lack of effort from him but I do think he is in need of a wee break. He's still a relatively young player who has been an almost ever present for a few seasons now, often playing in high pressure games. I'd hate to see JM discard him entirely.

giving Cammy the Vice Captaincy at time was a complete nonsense and baffling which created a distraction from learning advancement of his own game and unnecessary pressure on his shoulders.

Welcome to Den's James, another positive signing (and of course its cover for right side of defence).  Generally I think Cammy has been tremendous for us since he arrived on the scene, but at times he tries to do too much and I think that's more down to the shambles of the set-up (to put it mildly) the last two seasons or so has been.  Clearly its far to early to suggest we will maintain our Premiership but even the most pessimistic of us on here (half-empty's) might concede that the glimmer of light at the end of the tunnel is getting brighter, Saturday will be another nail biter though I would imagine (if you've any nails left) that's the Dundee way. 

6 minutes ago, Reverend Lovejoy said:

Reading that it sounds like Horsfield is more likely to be Kamara's replacement sitting in front of the back four than replacing Cammy at RB. 

He's a midfielder capable of filling in at RB so doubt he would be signed with a view to him becoming first choice in defence.

15 minutes ago, Cobra said:

Reading that it sounds like Horsfield is more likely to be Kamara's replacement sitting in front of the back four than replacing Cammy at RB. 

He's a midfielder capable of filling in at RB so doubt he would be signed with a view to him becoming first choice in defence.

That's why I posted it. I did a bit of digging today and came up with the article. It appears that's it's not nailed on that he'll replace Cammy. With JM looking for players who basically run through brick walls that doesn't suggest to me the Cammy will be the one who's replaced. If anybody I'd say Curran, with Horsfield at r/mib but, as you say, the article suggests defensive mid.

Edit- Just read the article again and I'm now not sure where he's gonna fit in. 

Adblock Detected