Adblock Detected

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.

Match Aftermath: QOS 3 - 0 Dundee

TheDarkBlues

5 minutes ago, Spiritof62 said:

You can just picture the scenario pre match.

A long journey to Dumfries.

The guys look at the dismal team selected and don’t fancy it.

The plastic pitch.

The awful feckin weather.

Obviously a good few of them said feck this, I want this over with so I can get back up the road.

Am I right or wrong?

One thing that struck me reading comments before the game on QoS's message board, official Twitter, etc. was that beating Dundee to reach the next round for a lucrative cup tie v Aberdeen was massively important to them. From the players to the fans to the board they wanted to win badly. I really don't think it mattered all that much to us and we were unsurprisingly well beaten.

Adblock Detected

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
32 minutes ago, Islaydarkblue said:

Hi TDB,

If there had monthly board of directors meetings NM would have been sacked a lot sooner than he was plus the directors would have questioned NM signing a load of dross. 

In my opinion Tim Keyes who is supposed to be the Chairman of Dundee Football Club Limited must take a more ‘hands on role’ and try to get things sorted behind the scenes at Dens even if it means playing players who Jim McIntyre does not fancy. 

If we carry on like this we will be relegated at the end of this season. 

John Nelms should be put in charge of the new stadium development and Keyes should bring in a Chief Executive who has experience of running a professional football club. 

What has board meetings got to do with winning football matches?

2 minutes ago, TheDarkBlues said:

No, tonight was directly JM's fault due to the team selection and the bench he left himself. He could have had a totally different line up tonight, but for some reason he choose not to play the likes of Kamara or the other midfield players we have available at the club right now. In the context of everything else, this was of JM own making and failure, hopefully he learns from it.

However, as I have said in other posts, our signing and transfer polices have to change. We are to foot loose and fancy free when it comes to bring in players and then getting rid of them and the last three or four seasons of revolving door transfers highlights that things have to change in this regard. I feel that we are wasting vast amounts of money in releasing players from their contracts either because we brought in the 'wrong type' of player to begin with or the manager has delusions of grandeur or is given pretty much a free reign to bring in who he likes.

We as a club need to realise that this is not a game of Football Manager 2019 and start treating the transfer market like a business with some accountability, and having a monthly meeting isn't going to solve that as I am pretty sure they are in contact with each other on a daily basis (or next to near that).

Totally disagree. With regular communication we don't get to the point where we have a manager putting out teams to make a statement because he's been saddled with someone else's duds. Making major decisions behind closed doors has started us on a vicious cycle. JM's team selection was another case of us treating the symptoms rather than looking at the cause. He's been given funds to bring in EIGHT new players and that will likely go into double figures by midnight on Thursday. We could be paying first team wages to something around 30 players by the close of the week plus paying previous staff members as well. The team selection isn't the cause of our problems right now for me.

9 minutes ago, Spiritof62 said:

You can just picture the scenario pre match.

A long journey to Dumfries.

The guys look at the dismal team selected and don’t fancy it.

The plastic pitch.

The awful feckin weather.

Obviously a good few of them said feck this, I want this over with so I can get back up the road.

Am I right or wrong?

I'd say wrong.

4 minutes ago, TheDarkBlues said:

We as a club need to realise that this is not a game of Football Manager 2019 and start treating the transfer market like a business with some accountability, and having a monthly meeting isn't going to solve that as I am pretty sure they are in contact with each other on a daily basis (or next to near that).

You're close enough with that last bit....and, of course, most of us know Board meetings no longer have to happen in one room around 'ye olde oak boardroom table', with video & audio conference options so widespread & available on our mobile phones.

The Football Manager bit is the area that concerns me most, perhaps....the much-discussed high turnover of unplanned signings & gap-plugging loans. The longer we keep this up, the more damage we seem to do. We thought Hartley had things planned, then NM said there was no recruitment planning or resources, and now JM seems to have found the same, so (other than a few of his earlier players), he's having to grab guys in a hurry.

It can't go on this way, I just pray we make 10th & allow JM (or a.n.other) to plan ahead....we don't have to go back to square one again in summer. 

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, Islaydarkblue said:

Hi TDB,

If there had monthly board of directors meetings NM would have been sacked a lot sooner than he was plus the directors would have questioned NM signing a load of dross. 

In my opinion Tim Keyes who is supposed to be the Chairman of Dundee Football Club Limited must take a more ‘hands on role’ and try to get things sorted behind the scenes at Dens even if it means playing players who Jim McIntyre does not fancy. 

If we carry on like this we will be relegated at the end of this season. 

John Nelms should be put in charge of the new stadium development and Keyes should bring in a Chief Executive who has experience of running a professional football club. 

So John Nelms does not have enough experience running a Scottish Premier League club, yet we should put Tim Keyes in charge; possibly the only person connected to Dens with less experience of Scottish Football than John Nelms. 

Genuis.

And just for good show, Keyes should have a hand in picking the team. And owner picking the team? Why not! It’s worked out well in so many other situations...

Jeez Islay - your posts are a right carry on sometimes.

• Like 1

Adblock Detected