Reporting Content. Read more... ×
The Dark Blues
TheDarkBlues

Match Aftermath: QOS 3 - 0 Dundee

Rate this topic

I think it's pretty clear that McIntyre demands a high workrate from his players and a high tempo. Players who shirk responsibility will quickly find themselves on the sidelines. Kamara has more ability than say a Craig Curran but doesn't have the desire that Curran does. McIntyre just doesn't seem to entertain any lack of effort and has shown his intentions by leaving those who he thinks aren't giving their all on the sidelines. Apparently Kamara's workrate was called into question early doors and the recent Rangers game was highlighted as a game where he made a particularly disappointing contribution. His off the ball work seems to be an issue.

18 minutes ago, Bp33 said:

Do you honestly think that? QOS aren’t even in the top 4 in the fundesliga, despite having a forward that has scored nearly 40 goals. 

They've only won five of their last 18 league games despite Dobbie's incredible goalscoring run and after losing to bottom of the league Partick last weekend could still get relegated.

The biggest disappointment to me was in 180 minutes of football we only managed one goal against a team that on average loses at least a goal a game. If you don't score and the opposition does you will lose games and in our position we will be relegated unless St Mirren and Hamilton are worse than us- on the evidence of games with them Hamilton are worse and St Mirren are better. 

2 minutes ago, GordonDee said:

The biggest disappointment to me was in 180 minutes of football we only managed one goal against a team that on average loses at least a goal a game. If you don't score and the opposition does you will lose games and in our position we will be relegated unless St Mirren and Hamilton are worse than us- on the evidence of games with them Hamilton are worse and St Mirren are better

I think St Mirren have been worse than us. 33% of their points have come against Dundee and they deserved nothing from those games.

I think the points total shows they are worse, but in a league of three our record against them of one point from a possible 6 puts us in a very tenuous position after the split. Unfortunately we have lost a lot of points when we deserved more from the game including last Saturday. 

Interesting to read post match that he  thinks we played " really Well " against Motherwell😯 .. Hate to see what he thinks a SH*%E performances is !

Edited by DBDU

On ‎29‎/‎01‎/‎2019 at 21:47, Reverend Lovejoy said:

After the influx of new signing's, the higher tempo and workrate of our team and the fantastic Hearts result I was pretty damn optimistic regarding our survival chances. A week has passed and that optimism had turned to disappointment and dismay.

One hell of a 48hrs coming up now for JM & JN to rescue a dismal season. Rabbits out of hats are needed ASAP.

I know its early days and I realise he has walked in to a real dogfight but I have seen little to suggest we are now better off, In fact in terms of how we are playing in footballing terms I would say we have gone backwards . 

I agree we seem to have more dig and work rate about us but ultimately I think in terms of a footballing side we are not looking like in a good way at all .

We will soon find out as this is now undoubtedly JMc's team so lets hope the results & in the long  run performances improve because what ive been watching up to now has been pretty poor in my opinion .

Edited by DBDU

On ‎29‎/‎01‎/‎2019 at 22:08, Islaydarkblue said:

In my opinion the main problem lies with John Nelms and the lack of board of directors meetings held throughout the year. I understand that there are now only at the most two Dundee Football Club Limited Board of directors meetings held per year with one coming up shortly with the next set of annual accounts due to be published at the end of next month or early March. 

In the past managers had to attend monthly board of directors meetings to explain how things were going on the pitch but now this does not appear to happen. 

Tim Keyes appears to have handed all power over to John Nelms who in my opinion is out of touch with the realities of Premier League Football in Scotland. 

I think this is a bit harsh on Nelms and the board.

I think they have backed every manager we have had ,as they should,  and my understanding is Nelms is in constant contact with the managers who have been in charge with daily briefings .

I would say ultimately our troubles lay at the door of the managers we have had and the players they have brought in  and although you can argue a case that he is responsible for hiring those managers I think we can all see the reasons why he went for Mcann & Hartley at the times he did and most of us were in agreement at the time  they were good appointments .  

I hate to say this and I realise its early to judge but of the three managers he has hired I will be honest, on the early performances I've witnessed  , the one I am least convinced about is our current boss but I hope he proves me wrong.

On ‎30‎/‎01‎/‎2019 at 08:50, Harry94 said:

I know there's always the expectation that you trounce lower league teams etc but that was never going to happen with our squad last night.

We didn't even have a midfield. I don't care what anyone says, you don't to to a full time team and control a game with Darren O'Dea and Paul McGowan as a pairing.

I think when we went unchanged on Saturday, last night was always going to be an issue. It was a miserable night but we'll have 2 players back who were ineligible and then 1 who was I'll - all with the ability to play in centre midfield. Add to them a couple more and we'll see a lot more depth.

Been saying this for WEEKS !! 

Looks like he is happy to forgo any sort of creativity from centre midfield now .

We have had NOBODY in the middle of the park who can influence the match since Mcann left . 

We have left Kamara out when he ought to have been playing him and we had two players who were better options than Odea that he hasn't given a chance to and who he has now actually released. 

If Odea was brought back in it should have been at CH at the expense of Innes who gave away a howler on the weekend NOT to play in the middle of the park, a worrying decision from the manager if he thinks that was ever going to work !

On ‎30‎/‎01‎/‎2019 at 22:29, Reverend Lovejoy said:

I think it's pretty clear that McIntyre demands a high workrate from his players and a high tempo. Players who shirk responsibility will quickly find themselves on the sidelines. Kamara has more ability than say a Craig Curran but doesn't have the desire that Curran does. McIntyre just doesn't seem to entertain any lack of effort and has shown his intentions by leaving those who he thinks aren't giving their all on the sidelines. Apparently Kamara's workrate was called into question early doors and the recent Rangers game was highlighted as a game where he made a particularly disappointing contribution. His off the ball work seems to be an issue.

Kamara was excellent against rangers , keeping the ball and linking the play while playing in a side with 10 men for the majority of the game . Every single player were outstanding to a man that day so to say he was poor is a ridiculous statement in my opinion .

Maybe he wasn't nutmegging guys or hitting 40 yard screamers but he played a huge part in the result that day as he did in the Hamilton match before bizarrely being dropped in favour of lewis spence at Aberdeen and that was the end for Glen at Dens as far as I can see  ! 

1 hour ago, DBDU said:

Interesting to read post match that he  thinks we played " really Well " against Motherwell😯 .. Hate to see what he thinks a SH*%E performances is !

I thought we played very well and were the better team until their goal.

Struggled to get in the game in their half after the goal as they defended excellently  with organisation and pressing all over us.

The effort was 100 percent the entire game though. Just couldn't break them down once they got in front and missed chances cost us.

Have seen much worse performances. Not often a defeat gets an applause from all 3 home stands even clapping the players off 5 minutes after FT.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, DBDU said:

I think this is a bit harsh on Nelms and the board.

I think they have backed every manager we have had ,as they should,  and my understanding is Nelms is in constant contact with the managers who have been in charge with daily briefings .

I would say ultimately our troubles lay at the door of the managers we have had and the players they have brought in  and although you can argue a case that he is responsible for hiring those managers I think we can all see the reasons why he went for Mcann & Hartley at the times he did and most of us were in agreement at the time  they were good appointments .  

I hate to say this and I realise its early to judge but of the three managers he has hired I will be honest, on the early performances I've witnessed  , the one I am least convinced about is our current boss but I hope he proves me wrong.

Hi DBDU,

In my opionion if the Nelms and the board had employed a Director of Football it is likely that they would have saved a lot of their money as Neil McCann would not have been allowed to sign all the duff players which have now been jettisoned at a considerable expense. 

3 hours ago, DBDU said:

We only had to wait till tuesday to see that for ourselves (except the first quarter of the game). 

I've yet to read any the recent post-match forum comments...So not too sure how anyone viewed yesterday's game/result.

Usually after what I see as a bad result /performance, I try not to dwell on it. So after  that sickener in the last minute of real

time. I left my thoughts until this morning. So am I feeling better? Probably a wee bit better. But it was a real hard one to take.

Not yet seen the highlights or full game on DeeTV (I see they are now up) But I certainly will be watching both, later on today.

However, watched & listened to JM & SW (scorer) I do feel more positive/better/reassured, after listening to their comments.

Thought comments (although short) were a fair, overall summary of the game, as he saw it ... I like, what I see, as his down to

earth style & honesty in front of camera. In crediting his players, he also did not put down the Accies input And I was especially

pleased to hear him & Scott, thank the 800 travelling DFC supporters, no jist for coming, but for their vocal lift...Well Done Guys.

It's never easy supporting Dundee. and this season has been a real test for me (& I'm sure most others) NOT to allow ourselves

to fall into depressive, black, negativity. And the way yesterday's game panned out in the dying miniues wis a sair one to take :tears:

But as DARK BLUE FANS Tough, resilient, slightly misguided, gullible & insane  (generally a positive outlook) we can handle awe

the setbacks that come oor way DUNDEE FC, YE GIE US A LOT O' PAIN BUT WE STILL LOVE YOU :wub: AYE DFC FOREVER:chaplin:

• Like 1

On 30/01/2019 at 13:03, Islaydarkblue said:

Hi DSA,

Thank you for your information that Tim Keyes is not Chairman of Dundee Football Club Limited and I apologise for my mistake.

I also look forward to your apology for stating that Steve Martin was not and has never been a member of FPS such is wrong.  I proved it by copying and pasting two articles confirming that Steve Martin was a member of FPS namely in his latest LinkedIn page and an article in the Dundee Courier dated 23rd July 2013.

Just cos Steve wrote it on his LinkedIn page doesn't necessarily make it true. He may have agreed to vote with FPS  but he was the board member representing DDBT until he resigned from them and agreed to align with FPS. He was not a member of FPS so it’s you that owe an apology. 

I see you having a go at the DSA on another forum - feel free to email me with your concerns. [email protected]

58 minutes ago, DSA said:

Just cos Steve wrote it on his LinkedIn page doesn't necessarily make it true. He may have agreed to vote with FPS  but he was the board member representing DDBT until he resigned from them and agreed to align with FPS. He was not a member of FPS so it’s you that owe an apology. 

I see you having a go at the DSA on another forum - feel free to email me with your concerns. [email protected]

Hi DSA,

I enclosed two articles in my previous post regarding Steve Martin being a member of FPS yet it has taken you three weeks to reply and only because I posted on another forum. 

Why did you not reply to my post containing the information back then including the information on Steve Martin’s LinkedIn site. 

51 minutes ago, Islaydarkblue said:

Hi DSA,

I enclosed two articles in my previous post regarding Steve Martin being a member of FPS yet it has taken you three weeks to reply and only because I posted on another forum. 

Why did you not reply to my post containing the information back then including the information on Steve Martin’s LinkedIn site. 

because i didn’t see the point in arguing with you but now you have got personal

quoting ill informed newspaper articles doesn’t prove your point and now you’ve gotten personal

Edited by DSA
  • Like 1