Reporting Content. Read more... ×
The Dark Blues
Cobra

Dundee V Kilmarnock

Rate this topic

Dundee v Kilmarnock  

64 members have voted

1. 1. What are you expecting when the Dee host Killie?

2. 2. Who should be in the starting XI?

Killie visit Dens on Wednesday in the next instalment of our battle for survival as St Mirren host Motherwell and Accies host St Johnstone.

The sides drew 0-0 at Dens shortly after Steve Clarke was made manager but Killie have won all three games since.

Thoughts for this game?

Gonna go for a score draw. 

Wasnt at the game yesterday and haven’t watched the game back yet but just going by the commentary my team would be

Dieng

horsfield mcgowan kusunga ralph

wright woods hadenius dales

Nelson.   Curran

DDYB

eta just watched the highlights back. Anyone who said that was negative pish is f**cking deluded! 

Also noticed as soon as the final whistle went miller ran straight up the tunnel. Maybe something in his attitude change right enough. 

2 hours ago, Dblair said:

Gonna go for a score draw. 

Wasnt at the game yesterday and haven’t watched the game back yet but just going by the commentary my team would be

Dieng

horsfield mcgowan kusunga ralph

wright woods hadenius dales

Nelson.   Curran

DDYB

eta just watched the highlights back. Anyone who said that was negative pish is f**cking deluded! 

Also noticed as soon as the final whistle went miller ran straight up the tunnel. Maybe something in his attitude change right enough. 

Done it at Tynecastle too

1 hour ago, Mr Sensible said:

Done it at Tynecastle too

Was due in the BBC studios at 5pm for his full time job. 

• Funny 2

Fancy us to win on Wednesday.

They’re showing signs of hitting a wobble so I’d definitely go after them.

Start Miller alongside Nelson in an “old fashioned” 4-4-2, please.

High energy, loads of runs in behind and swapping of the front two. Get the ball wide.

Attack, attack, attack

YItEhYv.jpg

• Star Post 2

Hard game but back on turf so good. Hard to pick a line up but that is a good thing. I hope o dea back in. Ryan Mcgowan could be pushed into midfield to allow this. I can only make 2nd half and last time this happened was 4-0 win v Hamilton. Time their bubble burst. 

13 minutes ago, Cg73 said:

I hope o dea back in. Ryan Mcgowan could be pushed into midfield to allow this. 

Oh no, we then be making changes that we don't need. Same back 4 as yesterday need a stable team now. 

• Like 3

I am no the forecasting kind ... (basically because eh dinnae hae much idea whit eh'm talkin aboot half the time) :)

However 3 points (no' impossible) would be a big step towards moving away fae the danger area. On the other hand,

a defeat, would NOT mean we are doomed !! My gut feeling (or one of the many voices in meh heid) tells me, things

are gonna get better :) (still smiling) Think JM is no' gonna baffle his players w' scientific tactics. In plain & simple

language, he's gonna instruct new/old players what he expects, what is required of them. Think we're on oor way :)

I'm missing this one unfortunately but I watched Kilmarnock against Hearts on Friday - Killie are beatable. One thing I noticed is that they definitely love a dive in and around the box, as we know to our cost; vital that our defenders are smart and I think our forwards should also be employing this tactic against them.

Again, given I've never seen the new players, impossible for me to predict.

I think or it’s probably hope we see a slight tinker with the team on Wednesday. They will have had Saturday and then a couple of training sessions to get more accustomed to eachother. As were at home and on grass I’m hoping for a 4-4-2 formation, only change I’d make is Robson drops to the bench and Nelson (or Miller if Nelson not fit) comes in to partner Curran up top.

Some might also wonder about bringing in maybe Kerr to double up with Horsefield on the right to try and nullify the threat of Jones, but I want to see us take the game to Killie and make them have to worry and think about us rather than the other way about.

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, Bjs said:

I think or it’s probably hope we see a slight tinker with the team on Wednesday. They will have had Saturday and then a couple of training sessions to get more accustomed to eachother. As were at home and on grass I’m hoping for a 4-4-2 formation, only change I’d make is Robson drops to the bench and Nelson (or Miller if Nelson not fit) comes in to partner Curran up top.

Some might also wonder about bringing in maybe Kerr to double up with Horsefield on the right to try and nullify the threat of Jones, but I want to see us take the game to Killie and make them have to worry and think about us rather than the other way about.

Bound to be some changes now that the manager has seen some of his signings in action. I saw Horsfield putting in a very good cross on the highlights, something Cammy hasn't done for a couple of seasons, so I'd still be tempted not to play Cammy unless sitting in defending. Bringing him in to back up horsfield might negate any threat from the right. Cammy's pretty much a liability if we're trying to score as he contributes nothing going forward but he might be worth a shout if a goal or two up and ten minutes to go.

Edited by Prince Buster
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Boba Fett said:

High energy, loads of runs in behind and swapping of the front two. Get the ball wide.

Attack, attack, attack

YItEhYv.jpg

Watching the highlights we certainly looked much more creative going forward with wright and dales driving in from wide. Looks like we finally have some pace in the team also. Looking forward to seeing how we perform after a couple more training sessions as a group. Have to say im a lot more confident about our survival chances than I was at christmas

DDYB

• Like 1

This is a winnable game, we could have won last time if Jones had not cheated.

• Like 1

Jones, Power and Burke all impressed in the Killie game v Hearts on Friday night. The whole team seemed to be composed, with players cleverly making space for themselves to receive a pass, and the accuracy of their passing was impressive. I thought their play deserved more and I am expecting a tough game on Wednesday, but let's get behind our players (old and new) and cheer them onto victory or at least a point. 4-4-2 please JM. Onwards and upwards. 

8 hours ago, Boba Fett said:

Attack, attack, attack

YItEhYv.jpg

Thats what we ,must do from the off  ATTACK  ATTACK ATTACK ,you are right ???

Hopefully Nelson will start, would play O'Dea instead of Kusunga.

• Like 1

I'd bring in Nelson for Curran and either gowser or O'Sullivan for Robson and match up with Killie, 4-3-3.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Wattie Rojas said:

I'd bring in Nelson for Curran and either gowser or O'Sullivan for Robson and match up with Killie, 4-3-3.

Said in another thread that I think O'Sullivan might come in for Robson with maybe Dale's playing in behind Curran. I could be wrong but I just can't see JM overlooking Curran's workrate, effort and hold up play in favour of another attacker.

I think the key to this game and our survival is the attitude of the players in on loan.

Hopefully they are willing to give their all for the club.

27 minutes ago, Reverend Lovejoy said:

Said in another thread that I think O'Sullivan might come in for Robson with maybe Dale's playing in behind Curran. I could be wrong but I just can't see JM overlooking Curran's workrate, effort and hold up play in favour of another attacker.

An alternative would be to play Nelson off the left instead of Wright but maybe this would be a bit unfair given his goal.

It’s winnable but I’ll go for a score draw - take a point move on to the next one. Hope accies and saints get eff all

15 hours ago, BigG said:

Hopefully Nelson will start, would play O'Dea instead of Kusunga.

Thought Kusunga showed some nice composure on Saturday. Always been a fan, so he has to play. Maybe having the excellent McGowan by his side makes him better. My feeling was McGowan was doing the dirty work in defence and the General was more mopping up.

Why has Nelson been benched though?

Fd835de881f1737b2f35adcdfd7ca4fe