Jump to content
Reporting Content. Read more... ×
The Dark Blues
Cobra

Dundee V Kilmarnock

Rate this topic

Dundee v Kilmarnock  

64 members have voted

  1. 1. What are you expecting when the Dee host Killie?

  2. 2. Who should be in the starting XI?



Recommended Posts

7 hours ago, 19seventyone said:

I’d go 4-3-3

Dieng

Horsfield MacGowan ODea Ralph

. Hadenius Woods O’Sullivan

Nelson Curran Wright

We need to have a go against Killie. The fans will get onside if we attack. JM has the players he wants to win games now as opposed to not trusting many of the players now gone.

3-1 to the Dark Blues.

 

 

 

 

 

 

NURSE !!!!!!!!!

 

 

JM having a go, dream on. How can you have a go with 7 defenders in the team. Hardly leads to forward thinking.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

30 minutes ago, Iain T Campbell said:

JM having a go, dream on. How can you have a go with 7 defenders in the team. Hardly leads to forward thinking.

There aren’t 7 defenders in that team but you knew that eh.

How many attackers did NM play?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, Harry94 said:

I don't really get where this perception is coming from. We had three attacking players on the park on Saturday and even if there was rage about not playing 2 up top, he's done this a fair bit this season with the exceptions being the Old Firm and some games where we haven't had the numbers to do it.

Fans have spent years seething at Hartley and McCann for the lack of pacey wingers and direct football. McIntyre brings in a few wide men and plays them with freedom to attack and seems to be called a defensive manager for it. Comment on results whatever you like but the squad is fairly well balanced (pretty much two players deep in every position) and there's been nothing that defensive.

Surprised you bothered mate.

  • Funny 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, Chomp my root said:

Surprised you bothered mate.

I'm procrastinating haha

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Iain T Campbell said:

JM having a go, dream on. How can you have a go with 7 defenders in the team. Hardly leads to forward thinking.

I like the cut of your jib.

Facts are overrated IMO.

  • Funny 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Harry94 said:

I'm procrastinating haha

You can get ointment for that. :lol:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just to please Iain T Campbell I think JM should play this team

Deing

Kerr, ODea , Kusunga, McGowan, Ralph

Horsefield, Woods, Jeffries, Andreas, 

Nelson

Subs, Parish, Gourley, Ferrie, Meekings, Curran, Davis, Hamilton

 

With 89mins on the clock and the score at 0 v 0 he takes off Nelson and replaces him with a half fit Davis to try and shore things up......then the inevitable happens and a goal is scored, but to which team.....the super attacking Dees get all three points after a bullet header from McGowan after a mazy wingers run by Kusunga who was assisted from a lung bursting surge from Andreas 😂😂😂

  • Funny 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Gents

From the game at the weekend, a lot of posts re why Miller wasn't in the team and his previous record against Hamilton, interesting to see the votes above and where Miller sits now ? I for one think he has a lot to offer and would like to see him alongside Admiral Nelson, the pace and direct approach of the Admiral with the Guile of the old Fox is something I think might cause problems for teams and open chances for the midfield as well.

Every game is important to us, however need to pick our battles.

If we are honest, not sure we would be dreaming of taking anything from Killie last month is this an opportunity to have a pop and see what happens, another opportunity to see what's in the bag ahead of the Livie game this weekend.

Thoughts !!!!!!!!!

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Nelson Miller Wright- attacking stuff in most people’s minds. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, Scottswiss said:

To be honest, after beating Hearts, losing to QoS and drawing with Hamilton, how the hell is anyone supposed to reasonably predict this crap?!

Sorry Scott as much as I respect you, your final comment in post above, has put me in a very difficult position...

It is probably better I get straight to the point ... From today, you are no longer a Member of the Happy Clappy Club

(Update on numbers of HCC membership) .... Up until this morning the numbers were ONE (me)

However I did a "Recruiting Drive" around the Ward where I'm presently resided, in the Secure-Unit.

Managed to add another six members. All six signatures I did myself, as the new members were

heavily tranquilised, in straight jackets & sadly had poor writing skills...No easy being a DFC fan :wacko:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, Chomp my root said:

How I feel, no idea what we'll get against a very strong Killie. I can give a logical reason for a win, lose and draw but I might as well toss some chicken bones for inspiration, I'll not be putting any money on it.

Chomp I have been checking the "odds-prices" over the past few days.

There has been NO market movement. Suspected you were holding back.

Are we still talking stakes aroond the 50p mark:chaplin:

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, Gedee said:

Chomp I have been checking the "odds-prices" over the past few days.

There has been NO market movement. Suspected you were holding back.

Are we still talking stakes aroond the 50p mark:chaplin:

 

Oh hell yeah, I'm a high roller right enough. :excited:

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Chomp my root said:

You can get ointment for that. :lol:

Behind that facade of madness chomp, I still believe there lays an Educated Man...But are you mixing with the right people?

Never been quite the same since we met John .... And he had a strange effect on me :wub:

(For the record I've never met Chomp Or John) But in a way, I see that as a blessing :wacko:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, Gedee said:

Behind that facade of madness chomp, I still believe there lays an Educated Man...But are you mixing with the right people?

Never been quite the same since we met John .... And he had a strange effect on me :wub:

(For the record I've never met Chomp Or John) But in a way, I see that as a blessing :wacko:

Its definitely a blessing Gedee, I've come over a little queer since meeting John.... :rolleyes:

  • Funny 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
56 minutes ago, Huggs66 said:

Gents

From the game at the weekend, a lot of posts re why Miller wasn't in the team and his previous record against Hamilton, interesting to see the votes above and where Miller sits now ? I for one think he has a lot to offer and would like to see him alongside Admiral Nelson, the pace and direct approach of the Admiral with the Guile of the old Fox is something I think might cause problems for teams and open chances for the midfield as well.

Every game is important to us, however need to pick our battles.

If we are honest, not sure we would be dreaming of taking anything from Killie last month is this an opportunity to have a pop and see what happens, another opportunity to see what's in the bag ahead of the Livie game this weekend.

Thoughts !!!!!!!!!

Another Good Post Huggs ... I'm no gonna go through it all point by point, because in honesty, you've said it better than me.

But on the bit highlighted...I think that's important. IMO JM, is picking the right players (in his mind anyway) for specific job.

Some Fitba Players (imo) can be delicate sensitive beings, But I think JM is selling the idea, that there's no guarantee a player

will be assured a place in the team every week. I think he likes the idea of building up a "Solid Squad"  (within budget) whereby

each has a place to play. And he will select from the squad the right players depending on the opposition (jist an opinion...):chaplin:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, Chomp my root said:

Its definitely a blessing Gedee, I've come over a little queer since meeting John.... :rolleyes:

That Puir Man John .... He fairly get's it in the back fae  baith o' us :jawdrop:

(And dinnae you dare respond tae that comment) Gie the man a break.

  • Funny 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Pepe said:

I like the cut of your jib.

Facts are overrated IMO.

I think it is probably a fact that ITC is a Caley troll with dyslexia.

Edited by Double Blue
  • Funny 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Huggs66 said:

Gents

From the game at the weekend, a lot of posts re why Miller wasn't in the team and his previous record against Hamilton, interesting to see the votes above and where Miller sits now ? I for one think he has a lot to offer and would like to see him alongside Admiral Nelson, the pace and direct approach of the Admiral with the Guile of the old Fox is something I think might cause problems for teams and open chances for the midfield as well.

Every game is important to us, however need to pick our battles.

If we are honest, not sure we would be dreaming of taking anything from Killie last month is this an opportunity to have a pop and see what happens, another opportunity to see what's in the bag ahead of the Livie game this weekend.

Thoughts !!!!!!!!!

Couldn't agree more, we have to have at least one of Nelson or Miller on the pitch to start if not both. However for what's it's worth I talked to a County supporting mate, and he told me that JM is loyal to a fault and that the only way Woods and Curran won't be lining up as starters is if they are injured. They simply will not be dropped. 

With that being the case then logic dictates that Miller and Nelson will probably rarely be on the pitch at the same time except maybe late on in games. JM has imo already rubbed Kenny the wrong way, and I'm just hoping that the only reason we haven't seen Nelson start in the last twa games is because of the head knock he took against 'Well. 

I'm hoping my County mate is wrong because I agree with you.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, Double Blue said:

I think it is probably a fact that ITC is a Caley troll with dyslexia.

Dyslexia? In the same way Adil Nabi is Bad Labia? 🙄

  • Funny 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, Attilio said:

Dyslexia? In the same way Adil Nabi is Bad Labia? 🙄

No. As in "I IBAN lad" - the banker 😯

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
33 minutes ago, Stampguy said:

However for what's it's worth I talked to a County supporting mate, and he told me that JM is loyal to a fault and that the only way Woods and Curran won't be lining up as starters is if they are injured. They simply will not be dropped. 

To be fair to JM reports had Woods as one of our top men on Saturday (the Tully had him as our MOM) and fans at the game reckoned that the ball just didn't stick up top after Curran went off and we began to sit deeper.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
51 minutes ago, Double Blue said:

I think it is probably a fact that ITC is a Caley troll with dyslexia.

Excellent. I like him even more if this is the case.

These sorts of folk should be applauded. It takes dedication and conviction, along with a slightly warped imagination to be a troll on a football forum.

I like to think of them as harmless panto villains or some sort of village idiot.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
50 minutes ago, Stampguy said:

Couldn't agree more, we have to have at least one of Nelson or Miller on the pitch to start if not both. However for what's it's worth I talked to a County supporting mate, and he told me that JM is loyal to a fault and that the only way Woods and Curran won't be lining up as starters is if they are injured. They simply will not be dropped. 

With that being the case then logic dictates that Miller and Nelson will probably rarely be on the pitch at the same time except maybe late on in games. JM has imo already rubbed Kenny the wrong way, and I'm just hoping that the only reason we haven't seen Nelson start in the last twa games is because of the head knock he took against 'Well. 

I'm hoping my County mate is wrong because I agree with you.

I think we all have people that we trust to a fault, in fairness, both have been pretty steady and have begun to give us a bit of confidence in a fairly short period of time, the new lads now have to put it on the table for JM to be put in that difficult position of who gets the slots, as fans we have not been that fortunate to see people fighting for places like this in a long time. I am looking forward to the next couple of games, I think these side will see a very different Dundee side not only in people but also in how we play.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

On the football side.

I am concerned about a backlash from Killie after their defeat, they haven't lost or dropped points back to back this season I think and Clarke will have them right up for it.

That said, they do seem a bit rattled after the Hearts game and I hope we can take advantage of that. I also felt they were quite poor v Hearts. They also have injury problems up front it seems as well.

As much as the late goal was a kick in the baws (I was spewing at the time), after watching the game back on DeeTV, we looked fine for the most part. Particularly the last 15/20 mins of the first half and the majority of the second. The ball did fail to stick up top once Curran left the pitch so if we can get Miller or Nelson up with him I reckon we can get some joy.

I'd take a point but we bloody need a win!

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing

    0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.