Reporting Content. Read more... ×
The Dark Blues
TheDarkBlues

McCann Feels Guilty for the Players Who Lost Their Jobs.

Rate this topic

58 minutes ago, Wattie Rojas said:

😂Is there any other way?

Aye, but how many fingers are in that 'salute', Wattie? :)  

• Funny 1

2 hours ago, WoodStein said:

Aye, but how many fingers are in that 'salute', Wattie? :)  

🖕

2 hours ago, WESTENDDEE said:

Loved McCann as a player it will be a Long time before we see his likes again.

I'm just glad we sent him home to think again.

• Funny 1

17 hours ago, BCram said:

Sorry, disagree with the way you are criticising NM. It didn't work out, he tried his best and I think we don't need to be rude about his efforts as our manager. Just my opinion.

Well my opinion he is  fukn nugget and one of the worse managers ive seen.

• Like 2

All the players that NMc signed would have been financially paid off, some of the players won the lottery when handed 2 year deals by NMc given their quality!

Think its worth while starting a thread monitoring the progress or decline of these players. My guess would be most will play 3rd division football.

5 minutes ago, BigG said:

All the players that NMc signed would have been financially paid off, some of the players won the lottery when handed 2 year deals by NMc given their quality!

Think its worth while starting a thread monitoring the progress or decline of these players. My guess would be most will play 3rd division football.

If lucky and thats a bonus cause they would'nt get in a good junior side here.

50 minutes ago, Dundeefc93 said:

If lucky and thats a bonus cause they would'nt get in a good junior side here.

Aye, grrrr, Juniors is too good for them.... grrrr

Who cares, we move on, its not the first time we've had players that the fanbase haven't felt the love for. Most of NM's signings won't go down as great signings and the BOD have financed them moving on, I'm guessing that was an unexpected expense for them. We've a new broom now so lets see what we get rather than working ourselves up over how crap the previous lot were, it ain't healthy.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Chomp my root said:

Aye, grrrr, Juniors is too good for them.... grrrr

Who cares, we move on, its not the first time we've had players that the fanbase haven't felt the love for. Most of NM's signings won't go down as great signings and the BOD have financed them moving on, I'm guessing that was an unexpected expense for them. We've a new broom now so lets see what we get rather than working ourselves up over how crap the previous lot were, it ain't healthy.

Never get worked up mate just been payed off.

4 minutes ago, Dundeefc93 said:

Never get worked up mate just been payed off.

Sorry to hear it, not sure what its got to do with how low a level our former players will end up at though.

Just now, Chomp my root said:

Sorry to hear it, not sure what its got to do with how low a level our former players will end up at though.

well you said don't get worked up about it but ive never been worked up from i got payed off

7 minutes ago, Dundeefc93 said:

well you said don't get worked up about it but ive never been worked up from i got payed off

Yeah, its all going a bit odd now.

I wonder if he will be worried about any players or staff that could lose their jobs if we get relegated 

Neil McCann wasn't our best manager, for sure, but I've no doubt his heart was in the right place. He didn't intentionally go out of his way to buy a load of duffers. But it happened, and our best hope now is that JM has bought players that can keeps us in this league.. because it's our best hope now that next season will be better than this one. We've been wishing that for decades, if truth be told.

• Like 5

1 hour ago, BigG said:

Think its worth while starting a thread monitoring the progress or decline of these players.

For any reason in particular?.🤔

5 hours ago, WESTENDDEE said:

Loved McCann as a player it will be a Long time before we see his likes again.

also wish him all the best for the future.

McCann was a good player on his day and his goal after coming out of retirement will long live in the memory. I can't help thinking that some people's memories of him are a bit skewed though. He was injured quite regularly and in 2 spells here and 4 and a bit years he only played around 80 games. Wee Iain Anderson who was here at the same time had a better record than McCann but for some reason doesn't get the same adoration. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Reverend Lovejoy said:

McCann was a good player on his day and his goal after coming out of retirement will long live in the memory. I can't help thinking that some people's memories of him are a bit skewed though. He was injured quite regularly and in 2 spells here and 4 and a bit years he only played around 80 games. Wee Iain Anderson who was here at the same time had a better record than McCann but for some reason doesn't get the same adoration. 

Liked them both to be honest and thought Anderson would have had as equally successful career but its a fickle business.

7 minutes ago, Chomp my root said:

Liked them both to be honest and thought Anderson would have had as equally successful career but its a fickle business.

Interesting wee article on Ando here, never realised he retired at only 31yrs old.

Sorry for going slightly o/t.

https://www-dailyrecord-co-uk.cdn.ampproject.org/v/s/www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/my-ex-teammate-bobo-balde-earns-30k-a-week-1025079.amp?amp_js_v=a2&amp_gsa=1&usqp=mq331AQCCAE%3D#aoh=15493136899739&referrer=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.google.com&amp_tf=From %1%24s&ampshare=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.dailyrecord.co.uk%2Fsport%2Ffootball%2Fmy-ex-teammate-bobo-balde-earns-30k-a-week-1025079

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Scottswiss said:

Neil McCann wasn't our best manager, for sure, but I've no doubt his heart was in the right place. He didn't intentionally go out of his way to buy a load of duffers. But it happened, and our best hope now is that JM has bought players that can keeps us in this league.. because it's our best hope now that next season will be better than this one. We've been wishing that for decades, if truth be told.

I was a massive critic of McCann and think his tenure has done serious short term damage to the football side of the club. However, that's my take on it too. He loves Dundee FC and only wanted the best for the club and the fans. It didn't work out but the only way to find out was to allow him to see his ideology through.

I still think that Keyes and Nelms set the tone of finding players to sell on at a profit though and that it ultimately undid both Hartley and McCann.

• Like 2

Of course he didn't intentionally do us harm, but his summer signing strategy was delusional high risk bonkers and we paid for it big time.

Up until then he had done alright for his first managers gig.

52 minutes ago, Barkblue said:

I was a massive critic of McCann and think his tenure has done serious short term damage to the football side of the club. However, that's my take on it too. He loves Dundee FC and only wanted the best for the club and the fans. It didn't work out but the only way to find out was to allow him to see his ideology through.

I still think that Keyes and Nelms set the tone of finding players to sell on at a profit though and that it ultimately undid both Hartley and McCann.

Maybe a bit of delusion with both the BOD and the manager(s) but maybe the BOD  have gained a bit of experience and have hit paydirt (with KDRT as we're doing films ;)).

• Like 1

Nelms took a punt on NM based on a hunch.

It didn’t work out and it’s costing us big time.

I doubt any club will be interested in him for a managers position, probably he is best suited to media work.

7 minutes ago, Spiritof62 said:

I doubt any club will be interested in him for a managers position, probably he is best suited to media work.

JN's punt worked and NM kept us up. His hunch proved to be a gone one.

But then JN offered the job full time after chasing Ross all over the shop and failing to get him. 

Edited by Dondeh

31 minutes ago, Spiritof62 said:

He hides it well.