Adblock Detected

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.

McCann the Pundit

Napper

In the part of pre-match Sportsound I heard, NM was asked what he thought about the big turnover in players, and he said he was absolutely fine with what JM is doing....he had signed a group of players he believed were best-suited to play the way he wanted us to play, and it was totally understandable that JM doesn't want the team to play that way, and he would need to bring in players that he knows are better suited to playing his way.

A perfectly logical :spock: point of view, I thought, and no fuss or negative comments at all.

NM is very passionate about the game & has a strong belief in how he wants 'his teams' to play....he's always going to say - if asked - that he believed in that style & in the players he signed, and their ability to turn things around. PH said much the same after he left, I think. 

I'd hope that, once we secure our place in next season's Premiership, we'll have 'moved on' from feeling the need to keep debating NM's spell as manager, and just look back on the PH/NM phases as stepping stones towards rebuilding a club that becomes a stable part of this league. The other option :stop: ...is unthinkable.

.....but then, some people think I tend to be a wee bit over-optimistic, at times  :o   

• Like 1

Adblock Detected

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.

It didn't work out for Neil so we move on. He believed in what he was wanting to do with the club but it wasn't to be for him. I have no animosity and I wish him well in the future as I believe he would regarding the club (As I don't see him wishing anything bad for the club) as I honestly believe he was doing what he thought was best for Dundee FC.

• Like 6

10 hours ago, FanDee said:

This myth about the way he wanted his team to play,when in actual fact we were total gash under him. The first half last night was the best I've seen a Dundee team play in years.

Its not a 'myth', he tried to play a style that didn't work. While we'll all have an opinion on whether it could have come good or not, none of us can say for sure because the 'experiment' was cut short. Its fair to say the style he was trying to play CAN work, it works for Man City etc.

Its done, move on, he's not the first and probably not the last manager who it hasn't worked for with us.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Chomp my root said:

Its not a 'myth', he tried to play a style that didn't work. While we'll all have an opinion on whether it could have come good or not, none of us can say for sure because the 'experiment' was cut short. Its fair to say the style he was trying to play CAN work, it works for Man City etc.

Its done, move on, he's not the first and probably not the last manager who it hasn't worked for with us.

Yeah he had good intentions about our playing style but I don't think they were ever realistic. Yes it works for Man City and Barcelona etc but we would never ever have good enough players to actually play it effectively. We we good early on against Aberdeen at Dens but deteriorated after that. The first half on Wednesday was excellent. We were strong, robust, direct and had the best striker on the park I have seen since Hemmings. We also played some nice stuff too! Wright was a star. Dales looks promising too.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Eyeothedug said:

Yeah he had good intentions about our playing style but I don't think they were ever realistic. Yes it works for Man City and Barcelona etc but we would never ever have good enough players to actually play it effectively. We we good early on against Aberdeen at Dens but deteriorated after that. The first half on Wednesday was excellent. We were strong, robust, direct and had the best striker on the park I have seen since Hemmings. We also played some nice stuff too! Wright was a star. Dales looks promising too.

We've playing in the SPFL in Scotland, we don't need EPL or La Liga standard players to implement a passing playing style. Football is changing and McCann tried hard to get us on the right road. McIntyre has come in and transformed our playing style but the style he coaches, whilst effective in our league, is a step away from the direction that football is heading. McCann wanted better than the agricultural blood and snotters style that flourishes in Scotland. Can't fault him for that.

• Like 1
  • Star Post 1

7 minutes ago, Eyeothedug said:

Hello Eye' ... The first half of that game will not have gone by un-noticed by DFC manager, players, fans/supporters.

Or by any other opposition teams as well (if they've any sense) Think JM will have his players watch this, again & again.

I'm no want to talk aboot Neil McCann's attributes or otherwise as a potential manager or pundit...(I've spoken already)

We must by now be near the point when it's time to let go. I'm still wallowing on DFC players attitude/total commitment.

I know the topic's about McCann. But I would rather read topics now about our present manager...Jim Lad yir doing OK:chaplin:

• Like 1

McCann tried to run before he could walk.

He'd never been a manager before.

He came in to a struggling team/club who's number one aim was to stay up.

He signed a team of obscure unknowns from quite a low level last summer who'd never played in this league before then implemented a slow laborious pass it around the back style which was not effective in picking up points.

The season before was OK as he had Scott Allan, Jack Hendry (for a bit) and a few better signings like A-Jay.

Summer 2018 was just negligence. 

A top flight Dundee FC should never have been the work experience for an untried manager to try an experiment.

Hopefully, now we have an experienced top flight manager who knows what he's doing, we haven't left it too late to clear up the mess.

• Like 2

Adblock Detected