Adblock Detected

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.

Match Aftermath: Dundee 2 - 2 Kilmarnock (06 Feb 2019)

TheDarkBlues

Adblock Detected

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.

First half was excellent, we looked good. Killie were lucky to get their goal. Every player looked impressive and did a great job.

The second was a different story. So poor and nervous after their goal. Dunno if the subs were forced but they were poor and it seemed to kill the game for us.

But yet-a-fuckingain luck wasn’t on our side. Can’t believe the amount of situations have went against us this season. Deflections, fluke goals, fluke OGs,  dives, hardly getting 50/50s, horrific referee performances, every mistake punished and  now every penalty missed. 

Miller ruined the first chance in the first place, but we finally get something our way in the penalty... and he f**cking missed it! Smash it down the middle man! Honestly🙄.

Its the hope that kills you. Can’t wait for this season to end as at this rate I’ll be grey and possibly bald by the end of it haha!

Edited by Pepe
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, Parcbara said:

I felt  we lost a lot when Curran,  Nelson and the Swede went off, in terms of the ball coming straight back into our half. Maybe Clarke changed things but I am not sure just what changed. 

Honestly Parc, I thought the field was tilted downwards towards oor goal before we even made the first sub in the second half. We were just hanging on and sitting deeper and deeper as the 2nd half went along, but honestly Killie were on the front foot from the start of the 2nd half.

I can see that we have improved players and more options, but right after the game at Scamilton on the weekend and the game tonight I'm not really feeling much better about our lot as it really feels like we just can't help throwing away points. What an opportunity to steal 2 points at the end of a game deep into (where did Clancy find 4 minutes tonight??) injury time. If Kenny Miller has ever hit a weaker penalty, I'd like somebody to show it to me! 

I mean I guess it feels like we're heading in a better direction, but it's hard to be a Dee fan because I still walk away from the game feeling absolutely gutted.

I know Woods won't be dropped, but please can we have him stop taking free kicks??? I get that they scored a great one tonight, and that's just another thing that rankles me - we have no hope of scoring free kicks, and seemingly have no hope of defending them either. Our defensive walls are garbage, and I'm still not sure our goalkeepers are in the right place?

And Accies winning just makes it worse. Ach I don't know. Another sickener.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Dondeh said:

What  happened in the second half,  did Clarke suss JM out?. 1 shot on  goal (a penalty ), versus about 12 for Killie. 

Meanwhile Accies pull further away.

We were shattered. We come out at 800mph and our flair players have little in the tank in the second half.

I’m going to go glass half full rather than half empty. If someone had offered me 5pts from the last four games I would have said  thank you very much (I’d have said it will be a loss against hearts, a draw against well and Killie and beat Hamilton). 

There are also big positives, we now have a great attacking threat down both flanks, we have pace, power and fight in the team. For those that don’t want Curran playing then watch Nelson two goals, Curran wins a great header and knock down at the first and he peels away and makes a good run to pull a defender away which helps Nelson create his space for the second. The guy puts in a huge shift and fully deserves his place in the team (if he can get a goal then that will lift him even more). Nelson looks like he’s going to be our overdue replacement for Hemings, he’s quick, has power and will shoot on sight. Wright has the potential to be like a Greg Stewart was, he’s direct, can go inside and outside and has that confidence or arrogance to take players on. Woods and Andreas look solid, they try and protect the back line and they are night and day from the infamous days of watching McGowan and Spence play there. Ryan McGowan again impressed me also, likewise the keeper continues to perform well.

Apart from the obvious penalty and the sickening equaliser Hamilton got on Saturday, the only negative is that a number of the new players lack match sharpness and so can’t last 90mins, however that will come with every game they play and with OSullivan, Robson, ODea, Kerr, Miller on the bench we now have good options, that will be added to when Davis comes back in the next 3-4 weeks. 

So im going to predict that we will stay up, it might need the playoffs, but I’m confident that we can definitely pull away from StMirren and I’m more than optimistic that over the next dozen games or so we can leapfrog Hamilton also.

Edited by Bjs
  • Like 5
  • Star Post 1

Adblock Detected