Reporting Content. Read more... ×
The Dark Blues
TheDarkBlues

Match Aftermath: Dundee 2 - 2 Kilmarnock (06 Feb 2019)

Rate this topic

19 minutes ago, Iain T Campbell said:

These draws have to be turned into wins. Was not at the match as I was returning from a weeks holiday. Saw it on Alba. Nelson is a find and his two goals came from nothing with a posse of defenders in front of him. McGowan seems to be regaining the form he showed at Hearts. Curran makes a nuisance of himself. Dales and Wright faded badly in second half. Mulumbu bossed the midfield when he came on showing up Woods for what he is, nothing but a lumberjack. It was a promising display from us in first-half but our midfield is garbage. Gowser has to start instead of Woods with Robson there as well. We need creativity and I know Gowser had not been at his best this season but surely he offers more than that plank JM continues to play.

Gowser did absolutely nothing last night except run around in circles and he never put in one tackle

He needs released at the end of the season.

• Like 4

Just now, Dondeh said:

JM said post match that some players were tired and holding their hands up to come off.

Dales was really struggling from about the hour mark or earlier.

Was really surprised he wasn't subbed.

Sure he had a conversation with JM during a break in play and he pointed towards his legs.

It left Horsfield exposed down that flank for the last half hour as Dales didn't have the legs to get back and help out in time of he had been on the ball further up the pitch.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, HK Blues said:

Glass Half-empty = 4 points dropped in last 2 games

Glass Half-full = 2 points gained in last 2 games

Whatever we we paint it, we've moved ahead of St Mirren BUT we've lost 2 points on Accies.  We need to keep on their tails and keep the pressure on but I'm heading towards thinking 11th is looking more likely than 10th. Just basing that on Accies new man having a good start and us seeming to be out of luck.

Our win against Hearts has essentially been cancelled out by Accies winning last night against a team higher up the league.

So, it's back to trying to get 3 points against Livi and hoping Hamilton get beat against Hibs. 

Agree with the comments re Dieng on the free kick.

Stunning strike but I knew before he was taking it that Dieng was a yard too close to the Derry in his positioning and wasn't making the post Main Stand side if the free kick was hit perfectly inside it which it was.

22 minutes ago, Iain T Campbell said:

These draws have to be turned into wins. Was not at the match as I was returning from a weeks holiday. Saw it on Alba. Nelson is a find and his two goals came from nothing with a posse of defenders in front of him. McGowan seems to be regaining the form he showed at Hearts. Curran makes a nuisance of himself. Dales and Wright faded badly in second half. Mulumbu bossed the midfield when he came on showing up Woods for what he is, nothing but a lumberjack. It was a promising display from us in first-half but our midfield is garbage. Gowser has to start instead of Woods with Robson there as well. We need creativity and I know Gowser had not been at his best this season but surely he offers more than that plank JM continues to play.

You are correct 2 points from the last nine is a poor return, I’m cutting JM a wee of slack because it’s difficult getting so many new guys to gel so quickly.

Kenny Miller, oh dear, what a plonker.

Currently watching the Alba game and I think any blame for Kusunga for the first goal is harsh. He tries to slip in to put it out but doesn't reach it, it happens. It was a good move by Killie.

• Like 1

That 1st half minus a couple dodgy bits of defending was pretty much a perfect display for me. High tempo, moving the ball quickly, pressing, taking on men out wide and creating and taking chances . You can't really ask for much more. We ran out of steam and Killie are still a decent side so was always going to be tough 2nd half. I understand JM wanted to shore things up but personally I would have kept 2 up top and having more options of an out ball and the ball sticking up top takes the pressure of the defence more than sticking an extra man in midfield imo. We offered nothing until the Pen after a wee burst at the start of the half. Don't think Miller can play up top on his own

• Like 2
  • Star Post 1

Gents

What a DEE Lite it is to hear us all talking about lost points, 3 weeks ago we were all worrying how much we were going to get pumped. In  a very short space of time the team is already showing signs of gelling, the best first half performance from the side in a long long time, some of the new players being caught out on fitness reflecting them not playing for their parent club and now a couple of weeks for them to recover and work on the fitness.

Another opportunity for JM to see what he has in terms of who can play where and with who and we got a point against a side that we would not have expected a month ago.

Not many of us would have thought Hamilton would have picked of St Johnstone but the same was said of us at Hearts, St Mirren slipped again as a number of you have said we can go to Livvie with a bit of confidence. 

We are on the up, it will be a battle with Hamilton however we will go into the battle with the bottom six after the split with a team capable of beating all of them.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Spiritof62 said:

Gowser did absolutely nothing last night except run around in circles and he never put in one tackle

Did Gowser not send Miller off to earn the pen?

4 minutes ago, Billy Campbell's Ghost said:

Did Gowser not send Miller off to earn the pen?

No it was Dales. First he blocked the attempted cross, then shrugged off the challenge then played a great ball for Kenny. Gowser was one of the boys on the attack however. I know we all unanimously agree that Miller had a shocking pen attempt, but I actually think he could've rounded the keeper and scored beforehand. Ach well. 

PMcGowan is getting it in the neck these days but I think Gowser is better than Woods, but that seems to be a minority postion these days. Nevertheless it's all about opinions on a forum.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Dondeh said:

Our win against Hearts has essentially been cancelled out by Accies winning last night against a team higher up the league.

So, it's back to trying to get 3 points against Livi and hoping Hamilton get beat against Hibs. 

Aye bit imagine how much worse our position would be if we hadn't won v Hearts

Just watched the match in the cold light of day and we were better in the second half than I realised last night. Some heroic defending and although they were blowing out their hoops, the players were still fighting. 

I thought Miller was very clever getting the penalty, obviously not so clever taking it.

2 hours ago, Dondeh said:

Just shows how damaging Hamiton's late equaliser was. If we'd held on and won, we could've lost last night, and still be in a better position. Hopefully we can keep picking up points and the odd win and overtake them.

12 hours ago, Reverend Lovejoy said:

If someone had said before the break that we'd return with a brand new team and playing style, with pacey wingers and big hard working brutes all over the park and that we'd take 5 points from Hearts & Hamilton away and high flying Killie at home I'd have told them to lay off the drugs. Livie away now doesn't look so daunting and 8 points for 12 would be a fantastic return from 4 tough games.

Onwards and upwards.

And now confident that we can take at least a point off Hibs on the Friday night under the lights game. Huge turn around

1 hour ago, Chomp my root said:

Just watched the match in the cold light of day and we were better in the second half than I realised last night. Some heroic defending and although they were blowing out their hoops, the players were still fighting. 

I thought Miller was very clever getting the penalty, obviously not so clever taking it.

Said as much on another thread. I missed the game and only saw it last night on an Alba recording - second half we sat in pretty well under pressure I thought and restricted them to just a few decent attempts at goal; yes we were probably a bit lucky not to go behind but by the same token were unlucky not to be a couple of goals up at half time.

I thought the penalty just wasn't one and had we scored it would have been decent retribution for that cheating b'stard Jones.

• Like 2

Woods at fault for both goals. Killie had a slow build up on the left yet Woods is beside our 2 ch's. Broadfoot in acres of space where Woods should be. 2nd Goal he fouls the player when we have all our defenders in position. As for taking all the free kicks ! Defo Jim's favourite. 

Got hammered on here when I said it was a bad decision to give McGowan a new deal.
His time was up before he got a new deal , see now some are seeing it that he`s nae good bar the odd game which isn't enough to warrant a new deal

• Like 2

First off I think that was the most enjoyable game of football I've been to in a while. Thoroughly entertained. More games like that and the fans will come back.

First half we were excellent. In their faces, wingers taking on defenders, solid enough at the back and the ball actually stuck upfront when we played it long. The work rate and dig from the two boys upfront was more than I've seen from a DFC striker in a long time. Nelson appears to be the finisher we've been crying out for.

Second half was a completely different story. Energy levels completely dropped. Probably not surprising given that a lot of our new signings won't have played much this season. Hopefully Nelson and Curran in particular can start to last a full 90 very quickly.

Kilmarnock the much better team second half but both teams could have easily won it so a draw is probably fair. Despite the penalty miss came away from that pleased we are improving. Killie look a really good side so a point against them has to be a good result.

• Star Post 1

4 hours ago, CW 90+3 02/05/16 said:

Dales was really struggling from about the hour mark or earlier.

Was really surprised he wasn't subbed.

Sure he had a conversation with JM during a break in play and he pointed towards his legs.

It left Horsfield exposed down that flank for the last half hour as Dales didn't have the legs to get back and help out in time of he had been on the ball further up the pitch.

👍🏻 I mentioned on another topic that Dales looked shattered and felt bringing CK on would’ve kept energy in the side, as well as protecting Horsefield. 

• Like 1

McGowan was absolutely shocking when he came on last night.

I was actually a bit embarrassed for him due to how poor he was. It also looked like he had put some weight.

Has served us well over the years but time to get rid come end of the season.

I might be a little controversial but I also think that Dieng is not as good as people on here make him out to be.

Has pulled off some excellent saves I may add but for such a big guy 6ft 4, I think he should be saving some of the goals he has conceded.

I think it is down to his positioning.

4 hours ago, Spiritof62 said:

That grumpy wee man inside your heed needs released at the end of the season.😂

4 hours ago, Chomp my root said:

Currently watching the Alba game and I think any blame for Kusunga for the first goal is harsh. He tries to slip in to put it out but doesn't reach it, it happens. It was a good move by Killie.

Well i disagree with that stay on your feet don't dive in thats what cost us the goal. as soon as you go to ground like that the balls past you and your helpless and can't react.

2 hours ago, Prince Buster said:

Said as much on another thread. I missed the game and only saw it last night on an Alba recording - second half we sat in pretty well under pressure I thought and restricted them to just a few decent attempts at goal; yes we were probably a bit lucky not to go behind but by the same token were unlucky not to be a couple of goals up at half time.

I thought the penalty just wasn't one and had we scored it would have been decent retribution for that cheating b'stard Jones.

Stone wall penalty

1 hour ago, Blue4evr said:

Woods at fault for both goals. Killie had a slow build up on the left yet Woods is beside our 2 ch's. Broadfoot in acres of space where Woods should be. 2nd Goal he fouls the player when we have all our defenders in position. As for taking all the free kicks ! Defo Jim's favourite. 

Disagree think Kusunga should have stayed on his feet followed the run instead of diving  in .