Reporting Content. Read more... ×
The Dark Blues
TheDarkBlues

Match Aftermath: Dundee 2 - 2 Kilmarnock (06 Feb 2019)

Rate this topic

Different issue imo. When Broadfoot got the ball there was no one within 10 yards or more, in the middle of the park. Woods was close to RMcGowan marking no one. 

10 minutes ago, Blue4evr said:

Different issue imo. When Broadfoot got the ball there was no one within 10 yards or more, in the middle of the park. Woods was close to RMcGowan marking no one. 

Kusunga was at fault for the 1st goal when i watched it at den's and on the tv and still on Deetv

50 minutes ago, Dundeefc93 said:

Well i disagree with that stay on your feet don't dive in thats what cost us the goal. as soon as you go to ground like that the balls past you and your helpless and can't react.

In an ideal world but he went full stretch to knock it out, that someone else nicked in and got it shows how far of a stretch although it doesn't really matter, quite often football is about the mistakes and how players capitalise on them. 

1 minute ago, Chomp my root said:

In an ideal world but he went full stretch to knock it out, that someone else nicked in and got it shows how far of a stretch although it doesn't really matter, quite often football is about the mistakes and how players capitalise on them. 

Well i think thats the weak link in the team. i think he sells himself to many times if he dose not get the ball he leaves us  wide open for something to happen

Listening to JM post match he was saying the players need to rest and recover over the weekend then back to training on Monday. I bet he's glad he doesn't have a cup game this weekend. 

1 hour ago, Dundeefc93 said:

Kusunga was at fault for the 1st goal when i watched it at den's and on the tv and still on Deetv

Good. Fine. 

2 hours ago, Dundeefc93 said:

Well i disagree with that stay on your feet don't dive in thats what cost us the goal. as soon as you go to ground like that the balls past you and your helpless and can't react.

One can blame the defence for every goal scored but we have to give credit to good attacking play from Killie. They moved the ball well and with purpose ending up with a beauty of a pass from Broadfoot which completely wrongfooted our defence.

4 hours ago, Dundeefc93 said:

I said last night that Kusunga was at fault but after watching it back today, I feel that:

1) He should have stayed on his feet.

2) He got dragged forward a couple of yards by the run and could have stayed put.

3) Hadenius could have closed down Whittaker better and put more pressure on him before the pass.

At the same time, it was a good move from Killie and we must appreciate that too.

Edited by SM1893

4 hours ago, Dundeefc93 said:

He slides to try and stop the pass through, if he stays on his feet then the ball was still going to reach the striker and the goal would still have happened!!

• Like 2

Just now, Bjs said:

He slides to try and stop the pass through, if he stays on his feet then the ball was still going to reach the striker and the goal would still have happened!!

Why  can you say that?.  whats tomorrows euro millions numbers. 

7 minutes ago, SM1893 said:

I said last night that Kusunga was at fault but after watching it back today, I feel that:

1) He should have stayed on his feet.

2) He got dragged forward a couple of yards by the run and could have stayed put.

3) Hadenius could have closed down Whittaker better and put more pressure on him before the pass.

At the same time, it was a good move from Killie and we must appreciate that too.

Totally agree it was a good move from killie  and hadenius could and should have closed down quicker. but if he followed the runner and stayed on his feet there could have been a better out come. 

22 hours ago, Bjs said:

I’m going to go glass half full rather than half empty. If someone had offered me 5pts from the last four games I would have said  thank you very much (I’d have said it will be a loss against hearts, a draw against well and Killie and beat Hamilton). 

There are also big positives, we now have a great attacking threat down both flanks, we have pace, power and fight in the team. For those that don’t want Curran playing then watch Nelson two goals, Curran wins a great header and knock down at the first and he peels away and makes a good run to pull a defender away which helps Nelson create his space for the second. The guy puts in a huge shift and fully deserves his place in the team (if he can get a goal then that will lift him even more). Nelson looks like he’s going to be our overdue replacement for Hemings, he’s quick, has power and will shoot on sight. Wright has the potential to be like a Greg Stewart was, he’s direct, can go inside and outside and has that confidence or arrogance to take players on. Woods and Andreas look solid, they try and protect the back line and they are night and day from the infamous days of watching McGowan and Spence play there. Ryan McGowan again impressed me also, likewise the keeper continues to perform well.

Apart from the obvious penalty and the sickening equaliser Hamilton got on Saturday, the only negative is that a number of the new players lack match sharpness and so can’t last 90mins, however that will come with every game they play and with OSullivan, Robson, ODea, Kerr, Miller on the bench we now have good options, that will be added to when Davis comes back in the next 3-4 weeks. 

So im going to predict that we will stay up, it might need the playoffs, but I’m confident that we can definitely pull away from StMirren and I’m more than optimistic that over the next dozen games or so we can leapfrog Hamilton also.

Yeah night and day from McCann's insipid side. Horsfield, Wright, Dales and Nelson all looked great. About time.

17 hours ago, Dundeefc93 said:

Why  can you say that?.  whats tomorrows euro millions numbers. 

I can say it easily, he slides to try and get the ball, he can’t reach it by sliding, therefore if he stands up the pass is still going to reach its intended target as there’s no way he’s going to get to the ball.

12 minutes ago, Bjs said:

I can say it easily, he slides to try and get the ball, he can’t reach it by sliding, therefore if he stands up the pass is still going to reach its intended target as there’s no way he’s going to get to the ball.

Exactly. The goal came because no one was in the middle of the park. Broadfoot was in acres of space to stride forward and pass to the space behind Kasunga.

21 minutes ago, Bjs said:

Agree with this comment. however, I'm not sure that Kusunga would have had any effect on the outcome if he had stayed on his feet. Seemed to me to be a superb pass that took Kusunga out of the game, so being on his feet might have achieved nothing in terms of being able to put pressure on the goal scorer.

• Like 1

How has Horsfield looked? 

21 hours ago, Dundeefc93 said:

Well i think thats the weak link in the team. i think he sells himself to many times if he dose not get the ball he leaves us  wide open for something to happen

jM and the General were having an animated discussion right after the first Killie goal. Dunno if JM was having a go at him or not.

12 minutes ago, WeighorstsWang said:

How has Horsfield looked? 

Shaky first half against Hamilton, almost gifting them a goal after about 10 minutes but came onto a game in the second half so the shaky start could have been down to a few nerves. Thought he was good against Kilmarnock, and kept Jones quiet. Jones actually tried to play more as a number 10 in the second half to get away from him. All in all he looks solid defensively and comfortable going forward.

• Like 4

5 hours ago, Bjs said:

sh**e 

• Wowzer 2
  • Funny 1