Adblock Detected

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.

Match Aftermath: Dundee 2 - 2 Kilmarnock (06 Feb 2019)

TheDarkBlues

If someone had said before the break that we'd return with a brand new team and playing style, with pacey wingers and big hard working brutes all over the park and that we'd take 5 points from Hearts & Hamilton away and high flying Killie at home I'd have told them to lay off the drugs. Livie away now doesn't look so daunting and 8 points for 12 would be a fantastic return from 4 tough games.

Onwards and upwards.

• Like 2
  • Star Post 3

Adblock Detected

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.

Glass Half-empty = 4 points dropped in last 2 games

Glass Half-full = 2 points gained in last 2 games

Whatever we we paint it, we've moved ahead of St Mirren BUT we've lost 2 points on Accies.  We need to keep on their tails and keep the pressure on but I'm heading towards thinking 11th is looking more likely than 10th. Just basing that on Accies new man having a good start and us seeming to be out of luck.

4 hours ago, J_Kitamirike said:

The big Swede though was pretty poor and  rightly hooked.

4 hours ago, Harry94 said:

was a bit disappointed in the Swede myself. Thought he looked a bit out of place.

Funny old game. I though the first half he and woods dominated the middle of the park and didn’t allow killie a sniff (their goal aside when broadfoot strolls forward to play the boy through) second half he was clearly knackered along with quite a few others 

eta by the way, if we hadn’t had so many good performances in the first half I’d imagine we’d mostly all be raving about Nathan Ralph again. He has really moved his game onto another level the past few weeks and looks to be playing with massive confidence. 

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Dblair said:

Funny old game. I though the first half he and woods dominated the middle of the park and didn’t allow killie a sniff (their goal aside when broadfoot strolls forward to play the boy through) second half he was clearly knackered along with quite a few others 

eta by the way, if we hadn’t had so many good performances in the first half I’d imagine we’d mostly all be raving about Nathan Ralph again. He has really moved his game onto another level the past few weeks and looks to be playing with massive confidence. 

If they haven't already contract extension  talks with Ralph need started 6 weeks ago .. We have a very good LB on our hands here who will only get better.

Lets not do the usual here and wait until he has a year left because it will be far too late then !

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, DBDU said:

If they haven't already contract extension  talks with Ralph need started 6 weeks ago .. We have a very good LB on our hands here who will only get better.

Lets not do the usual here and wait until he has a year left because it will be far too late then !

The problem is that the player himself might either think he's outgrown us or be willing to stay for a wage that makes us wince. These guys who have agents who seem to be all about the cash.. I'd be delighted if we could extend his contract though, he's been a real find (from the evil Darth McCann...... ).

Still absolutely gutted how that ended. Bloody sore one, like I said before this seasons Dundee have no luck at all. That said there was alot of good performances, mainly in the first half sadly.

Dieng - 7. Despite the pressure from Killie he didn't really have to do much, dealt with everything bar one thing. He should have saved the free kick, easily could have been half a yard even a yard closer to the post left to much of a target to hit.

Horsfield - 7. Better than Cammy I'm afraid to say, bit slower than him and had some tough moments v Jones but looked solid on the whole.

Ralph - 8. Very good from him again. New contract please!

Oz McGowan - 8. Very good from him too. Didn't put a foot wrong.

Kusunga - 7. Some dodgy moments as per, but looked solid mostly. Can't really blame him for the first goal, left with little choice as the midfield were missing.

Dales - 8. Constant threat in the first half, faded in the second but still looked to do damage when the rare chances to run came up. Good game.

Hadenius - 6.5. Did the dirty/physical stuff well enough but I felt some moments passed him by. But it was noticed when he left the field for Gowser, as we lack any real physicality in the middle.

Woods - 7. Great in the first half, but like others faded badly in the second. Was a passenger for the last 15.

Wright - 7.5. Very good in the first half, looks a real player. Couldn't get a look in the second sadly, but he could be a key player for the rest of the season.

Curran - 9. Brilliant from him, less so in the second but I like him. Not a good footballer (he wasn't brought in to be) but is very strong, ridiculously good in the air despite his lack of height and a bloody pest. Never gave Killie a second, like the Accies game he was badly missed when he went of. Think he might have had a knock though.

Nelson - 10. Well he looks as if he can be a wonderful player. All of the strength, aerial ability and work rate you could want in a striker but with all the ability as well. He was brilliant, took his goals so well and really unlucky with a header as well. Like Curran, badly missed when he went off. Massive player for the rest of the season.

Subs - Odea - 3. Pointless sub, he did nothing but chase shadows. To be fair, he is not a defensive midfielder. Gowser - 1. Looks so poor just now, offered nothing in the midfield when he came on. Miller - 0. Asked to do a thankless task but he wasted the chance when through 1v1 and simply has to burst the net with the penalty. Seething lol!

The Gaffer - 6. Starting 11 and tactics were spot on in the first but in the second his subs probably cost us, it brought unnecessary pressure and we lack any threat at all bar the breakaway for the penalty. Needs to re-think his subs but i don't think he will tbh.

Everyone bar Nelson would have had an extra mark if the first half continued into the second but sadly it just didn't happen. Miller would have had plus 100 if he scored haha! If we play like the first half most weeks, we will finish 10th I have no doubt but I am not going to hold my breath on that just yet.

Edited by Pepe

1 hour ago, DBDU said:

Exactly how I see it. He’s had a good half season and we know how good he is (ie he’s no gamble to get signed up on a longer deal, providing we stay up). 

DFC players, under the guidance of JM, in this first half, gave a real indication of just what they are capable of.

Maybe it's something to do with the "alignment of stars" or something in the players pre-game liquid refreshment.

But whatever it was, they were totally committed & fired up, from the off. The DFC fans who were lucky enough to

see the game live, must have thought in this first 45 minutes they had entered the wrong ground. What a display !!

Killie  and their manager, must surely have wondered what hit them, when the starting whistle kicked off the game.

The first half which must be right up there with DFC's best display showed real intent & hunger a full range of skills.

It was not surprising many looked exhausted (imo) after giving so much. Maybe JM did make mistakes in his subs.

But only he and the DFC players know the real reason behind them. Not wishing to go into further detail at this time.

But if I were a neutral, I'd think the result was fair in an exciting game. I'm "hurting again" but I still believe (based on

this display & recent games) we will not be relegated & may even avoid the play-offs. Well Done to JM & Players:chaplin:

These draws have to be turned into wins. Was not at the match as I was returning from a weeks holiday. Saw it on Alba. Nelson is a find and his two goals came from nothing with a posse of defenders in front of him. McGowan seems to be regaining the form he showed at Hearts. Curran makes a nuisance of himself. Dales and Wright faded badly in second half. Mulumbu bossed the midfield when he came on showing up Woods for what he is, nothing but a lumberjack. It was a promising display from us in first-half but our midfield is garbage. Gowser has to start instead of Woods with Robson there as well. We need creativity and I know Gowser had not been at his best this season but surely he offers more than that plank JM continues to play.

5 minutes ago, Iain T Campbell said:

Gowser has to start instead of Woods with Robson there as well. We need creativity and I know Gowser had not been at his best this season but surely he offers more than that plank JM continues to play.

Couldn’t disagree more. Woods as well as being able to do the physical stuff is far more composed on the ball then Gowser. 

Mans we now have creativity in both dales and Wright. But they are only able to play if we are solid in the middle which for most parts last night we were  

Did woods shag yer wife by any chance? 🤨

• Like 7
  • Funny 1

Adblock Detected