Reporting Content. Read more... ×
The Dark Blues
TheDarkBlues

Much More Positives Than Negatives Tonight!

Rate this topic

The way we came out in the first half showed that this could be a very good Dundee Team.

I was very impressed with the way we used our wingers, closed down their players and got in their faces tonight. I haven't seen that in a Dee team for a long time. eVery impressed with just about every new signing that McIntyre has brought in and none of them look like a weak link in the team.

I just wish that JM didn't make the changes that he did, we should never have brought off Nelson or Curran unless it was totally required.

Hopefully we can work on the positives and keep building and hopefully three points against Livi.

• Like 1
  • Star Post 2

I agree, I think a lot of the new players have not played regular 90 minute football and we tired horribly, we can only get better. I do think Miller looked in the huff and he is second choice now, Nelson was sensational in the first half, and a shout out to Dales who actually looks a better player than Wright, not that he was bad. The penalty was weak, we probably didn't deserve to win, but how many games have we lost when we didn't deserve to lose. I can see us giving 10 teams in the league a real game now. I think we will beat Livingston next weekend.

• Like 1

First half thought we played well good bit off dig threw the team. second half f**k knows what they got in there drinks but a different team came out it was sh**e.

Just now, Deeboy08 said:

Give the boss 10 days to work with fitness and tactics

Think we play Hamilton this Saturday?

• Confused 1

Not sure if we tired or if Clarke tweaked things but we were a great team in the first half and holding on for grim death in the second. Positives are this team will get fitter and play together better. Negatives, probably taking Curran off and going with one up top, JM's call that.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Gblue said:

Aye. Scrub last weekends game and start again, 

1 minute ago, Gblue said:

Next is Livingston on the 16th of Feb, then Hibs after that on the 22nd of this month.

• Like 1

Just now, Deeboy08 said:

No we just played them on Saturday 

Yes just checked your right and it’s Livingstone next week 😂

Agreed, first half we were immense. Just a single error that led to their equaliser, but amazing character to retake the lead almost immediately.

Killie certainly improved in the second half which pushed us out of it. I think it's easy to forget they're currently a top-4 team.

If we can put in the first half display against Livi I don't think we should fear them. It's their whirlwind start to the season that's keeping them afloat just now.

• Like 3
  • Star Post 1

I thought we were really good in the first half and I agree that tiredness set in pretty early, hopefully this can be sorted.

We were piss poor in the second half, S Clark showed just what a good manager he is, they battered us.

O’Dea, P McGowan and K Miller are finished and Jmac must come up with something better from the guys at his disposal, I would have preferred Cammys pace in midfield to Gowser.

Bloody shitshow of a season.

I'm not seeing many negatives.

We played well, in two different styles. The second half was pretty comfortable other than the scramble in the box imo and we did look quite dangerous when we chose to counter.

Our shape was good, our pressing and decision making was pretty good other than Kusunga for the first. The biggest thing is to be clinical, KM didn't look confident at all taking the pen, possibly because The Admiral and CC were 1st choice over him.

4 minutes ago, SM1893 said:

I'm not seeing many negatives.

We played well, in two different styles. The second half was pretty comfortable other than the scramble in the box imo and we did look quite dangerous when we chose to counter.

Our shape was good, our pressing and decision making was pretty good other than Kusunga for the first. The biggest thing is to be clinical, KM didn't look confident at all taking the pen, possibly because The Admiral and CC were 1st choice over him.

Will need to see it again but I think guys are being extremely harsh on Kusunga at the first. The Killie midfielder plays a great slide rule pass through for the striker, Kusunga is never going to catch the striker so slides desperately to try and block the pass. If he hadn’t done that folk would have moaned that he didn’t try.

As I say, could be wrong and will see it again on the highlights but for its just a good pass and clinical finish.

We deserved a point for the 1st half display. The penalty at the end would have been an injustice to Killie (I would have took in a minute tho). We are a much improved team from the 1st half of the season and I think we can keep our top league status now. If you had asked me 6 weeks ago I would have said the opposite. Livi next will show how much we have improved. The 1st game there was shambolic to say the least, but I am quietly confident. DDYB

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Gblue said:

I'm predicting a 1-1 draw with Hamilton scoring an injury time equaliser! 😉

• Funny 1

6 hours ago, Bjs said:

Will need to see it again but I think guys are being extremely harsh on Kusunga at the first. The Killie midfielder plays a great slide rule pass through for the striker, Kusunga is never going to catch the striker so slides desperately to try and block the pass. If he hadn’t done that folk would have moaned that he didn’t try.

As I say, could be wrong and will see it again on the highlights but for its just a good pass and clinical finish.

Agree with all of that mate, except it was broadfoot who was allowed to stroll forward and make the pass. Kusunga went across and out slightly to cover the space he was running towards and their player pulled off mcgowan and made a clever run in behind kusunga. If their were any fingers being pointed I’d say they’d be at our midfield for not getting anywhere near broadfoot

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Dblair said:

Agree with all of that mate, except it was broadfoot who was allowed to stroll forward and make the pass. Kusunga went across and out slightly to cover the space he was running towards and their player pulled off mcgowan and made a clever run in behind kusunga. If their were any fingers being pointed I’d say they’d be at our midfield for not getting anywhere near broadfoot

That's a hell of a distraction to be fair. ;)

• Funny 3

3 hours ago, HK Blues said:

I'm predicting a 1-1 draw with Hamilton scoring an injury time equaliser! 😉

What do you know I going 2-1 the Dee 😛

8 hours ago, Billy Campbell's Ghost said:

Too many drugs mate

Listen mate I support Dundee so it’s not enough drugs 😂😂

• Funny 1

1 hour ago, Gblue said:

Listen mate I support Dundee so it’s not enough drugs 😂😂

I think getting on the smack would've been a better decision than following the Dee, however I was born into Dee family and it's in the blood and I wouldn't change that for the world. However they do have a habit of ripping my heart out every week even when we don't lose.

Take the last twa games for example - the thug Mackinnon hits a worldie in injury time after not scoring a goal at all in the last two years, and last night I watched Kenny Miller hit probably the worst penalty that I'm sure he's ever struck in his lifetime! Gutting, and ye cannae make it up.

But like smack I suppose following the Dee is in the blood.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Spiritof62 said:

I thought we were really good in the first half and I agree that tiredness set in pretty early, hopefully this can be sorted.

We were piss poor in the second half, S Clark showed just what a good manager he is, they battered us.

O’Dea, P McGowan and K Miller are finished and Jmac must come up with something better from the guys at his disposal, I would have preferred Cammys pace in midfield to Gowser.

Bloody shitshow of a season.

The post match summing up on Sportsound after the Accies games stated that they felt we were best placed to finish above Accies and St Mirren, as we had the better squad with guys like Miller and McGowan coming off the bench. Didn't work on Saturday or last night.

And if O'dea (who can't run), is coming on to midfield then that is worrying.

Need to find a way of keeping Curran, Nelson and Hadeniuson on the pitch for longer or go in at half time at least 2 goals up.  

Edited by Dondeh

15 hours ago, Bjs said:

It was a great run by the striker. He went to go short then ran in behind. Maybe the midfield could have closed broadfoot down a bit quicker.