Reporting Content. Read more... ×
The Dark Blues
Sign in to follow this  
Napper

Play Off Place.

Rate this topic

anyone worried that we may end up meeting the arabians in the play off?.. all's well if we condemn them to another year where they belong.. but, it'd be unbearable if they fluke a win..

I'd be more confident beating them than I would Ross County. 

Still afraid we'll finish bottom tbh. 

after today, doubt it. there worse than shyte!!! 

st.midden handed them the win. the defence was very very poor.

we will finish 10th.

Just watched the two United goals, the second one - whilst a beautiful finish by Clark - was laughably poor defending. 

Did St Mirren put out a 'weaker' side?

I recall from earlier yesterday that there were moans and groans from their supporters about the Starting XI

1 hour ago, SM1893 said:

Yeah, fans weren't happy. 

Calling for Kearney's head on P&B and Twitter. He's now back to being a PE teacher. 

8 hours ago, SM1893 said:

I recall from earlier yesterday that there were moans and groans from their supporters about the Starting XI

They had injuries to key players, not too sure that they deliberately fielded a weakened side though.

1 minute ago, Reverend Lovejoy said:

They had injuries to key players, not too sure that they deliberately fielded a weakened side though.

They had two or three on the bench who 8 thought were first team starters and brought them on in the second half at 0 v 2. Think McGinn had a knock and wasn’t risked at all, but some saints fans reckon had it been an SPL game he would have played.

Regardless, with our new signings and the way we’re now playing (and hopefully it will improve to last the full 90mins) then I don’t fear st mirren or Utd (if we can’t real Hamilton in).

11 hours ago, Napper said:

anyone worried that we may end up meeting the arabians in the play off?.. all's well if we condemn them to another year where they belong.. but, it'd be unbearable if they fluke a win..

Not sure I could stomach a DAB/Dee play-off. Got a feeling that they'll kick on now anyway and it'll be between us and Accees and County/Ayr and maybe Inverness, if they can turn draws into wins, for the play-off places.

2 hours ago, Bjs said:

They had two or three on the bench who 8 thought were first team starters and brought them on in the second half at 0 v 2. Think McGinn had a knock and wasn’t risked at all, but some saints fans reckon had it been an SPL game he would have played.

Regardless, with our new signings and the way we’re now playing (and hopefully it will improve to last the full 90mins) then I don’t fear st mirren or Utd (if we can’t real Hamilton in).

Based on the last couple of games St Mirren made 1 unenforced change from the last couple of games. Tansey for McGinn due to injury seems like a like for like replacement, no idea about MacPherson for Ferdinand, again due to injury. Flynn for Jackson looks tactical.

Subs Erhahon and McAllister haven't played the last few games.

12 hours ago, Napper said:

Gives me sleepless nights Napper.  

United spent a fortune in January to get out of the league, Big players come with big wages and they look to have assembled a squad to win it rather than playoff. 

I hope we can finish in tenth but it’s a huge task, more confident now than I was at the start of December tho. If only we held on for three points at Hamilton the league would look more favourable, That was a lot more painful than the Kenny Miller missed pen.

United are 3rd favourites for a reason there no as good as there fans would have you believe...

8 minutes ago, Mr Sensible said:

United are 3rd favourites for a reason there no as good as there fans would have you believe...

Getting a great price on them at 5/1

Ross County signed Lewis Spence for there title push🤔

46 minutes ago, BigG said:

I got 6/1 on them last weekend. Terrific price, IMO.

1 hour ago, BigG said:

Couldnt back United with stolen money.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Mr Sensible said:

Couldnt back United with stolen money.

I made a princely 67p, pussy that I am, I cashed out just before the second.

#raging

5 hours ago, Bjs said:

We will overcome 

23 minutes ago, Chomp my root said:

I made a princely 67p, pussy that I am, I cashed out just before the second.

#raging

Single on United yesterday?

1 minute ago, Mr Sensible said:

Single on United yesterday?

Aye, last minute thing, somebody on here saying St. M had put out a gash team so went kah-razy and put a whole pound on. Made a couple of quid yesterday (really a couple of quid, about £2.50ish I think) which is good going for this little girl. :D

Doing my best to lose it again today, some Cypriot assholes are letting me down at  the moment. :rant:

• Funny 1
  • Like 1

18 hours ago, WeighorstsWang said:

Still afraid we'll finish bottom tbh. 

Never. IMO

Interesting that following a post like that some of the usual posters would wade in , in outrage. 

Not this time though? 🤨

Edited by Dondeh

13 minutes ago, Dondeh said:

Never. IMO

Interesting that following a post like that some of the usual posters would wade in , in outrage. 

Not this time though? 🤨

There's a big difference between being occasionally negative and being permanently negative.😘

• Like 1
  • Star Post 1

1 hour ago, Chomp my root said:

Made a couple of quid yesterday (really a couple of quid, about £2.50ish I think) which is good going for this little girl. :D

Chomp ... Some things are just too serious to find the fun side of :rant:

WE ARE TAKING HERE ABOOT HALF MY WEEKLY POCKET MONEY :tears:

(Weel before Margaret decided I was an unnecessary expense):chaplin:

• Funny 1

1 hour ago, Gedee said:

Chomp ... Some things are just too serious to find the fun side of :rant:

WE ARE TAKING HERE ABOOT HALF MY WEEKLY POCKET MONEY :tears:

(Weel before Margaret decided I was an unnecessary expense):chaplin:

You need to start gambling mate, when she's feeling generous and lets you have your pocket money, get yourself down the bookies..... what could go wrong...... :huh:

• Funny 1

13 hours ago, Chomp my root said:

You need to start gambling mate, when she's feeling generous and lets you have your pocket money, get yourself down the bookies..... what could go wrong...... :huh:

MY MARGARET SAYS ... NO !! :rant:

& I've received another beating :tears:

On 09/02/2019 at 22:44, Napper said:

Unfortunately I have seen too many flukey wins by them over the years. Yes we have won many a great victory and many times they have played better than us and deserved their win but when it comes down to flukey wins, cheating players Hegarty, Winters etc and downright bad luck on our side a play off situation v them gives me the fear of us outplaying them but not being able to score, losing one or more players sent off (especially if they landed us with the like of Steven McLean as ref.) and losing over all to a Kusunga own goal hit from the half way line. Hopefully 10th place awaits us and an ignominious play off defeat to Ayr or ICT awaits them.

• Love 1