Reporting Content. Read more... ×
The Dark Blues
TheDarkBlues

Livingston V Dundee

Rate this topic

Livingston v Dundee  

43 members have voted

1. 1. Who are you expecting when the Dee visit Livi?

2. 2. Who should be in the starting XI?

8 minutes ago, TheDarkBlues said:

*Phuck* 🤣

sh*t happens bro. 

• Funny 1

14 minutes ago, Chomp my root said:

sh*t happens bro. 

My excuse is that they both play in light blue 😳

2 minutes ago, TheDarkBlues said:

My excuse is that they both play in light blue 😳

No excuse needed, we can all have a 'blonde' moment although we're both more 'steel' these days. :lol:

2 minutes ago, Chomp my root said:

No excuse needed, we can all have a 'blonde' moment although we're both more 'steel' these days. :lol:

Never a truer word said bud...... I can only be thankful that at my age I still have a hairline lol

18 hours ago, TheDarkBlues said:

Never a truer word said bud...... I can only be thankful that at my age I still have a hairline lol

Not if it’s half way down the back of your heid 

• Funny 1

13 minutes ago, DarkBlueKnight said:

Dinnae you be subjecting DBK ...

Admin John (Our Esteemed Lord & Master) to any more hurting ridicule.

He gets plenty enough fae Chomp  me...(It's his eyes, they draw ye in) :wacko:

• Funny 1

1 hour ago, DarkBlueKnight said:

https://i.pinimg.com/originals/6a/eb/cb/6aebcbcd3fa3dc72b06a070dc98b7dcb.jpg

Aye, but don't I look rather dashing! :)

• Funny 1

21 minutes ago, TheDarkBlues said:

https://i.pinimg.com/originals/6a/eb/cb/6aebcbcd3fa3dc72b06a070dc98b7dcb.jpg

Aye, but don't I look rather dashing! :)

You certainly do John ... And I really do think, you're showing your best side :wub:

But do watch oot for these "North Westerlies" it can destroy awe yir hard work :jawdrop:

• Like 1

The Dee visit Almondvale for the second time this season still looking to score a first goal against Livi since their promotion. The last time the teams met was 0-0 and the home side have failed to score in 2019 so it could be another game of few goals.

Thoughts?

23 minutes ago, Dondeh said:

Maybe missed this?

Pre-Match: Livingston (Away, 16 Feb 2019)

By TheDarkBlues, Thursday at 21:40 in Dundee FC Discussion 

If there are duplicate threads the mods can merge them.

2 minutes ago, Cobra said:

Done

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, Cobra said:

The Dee visit Almondvale for the second time this season still looking to score a first goal against Livi since their promotion. The last time the teams met was 0-0 and the home side have failed to score in 2019 so it could be another game of few goals.

Thoughts?

Got a feeling that JM will recall Robson after injury and possibly recall Kerr too. Cammy will be in the managers face every day in training and that could influence his decision on the the starting 11. Not too sure why Hadenius played yesterday whether it be to top up fitness or something else but looking in from the outside he doesn't seem to have offered the defence much protection, that could be being harsh though as I wasn't there. Could be that Horsfield will more to defensive midfield with Kerr returning at r/back. 

5 minutes ago, Cobra said:

Tut-tut @Cobra 😂

Can't remember what team I picked in the original poll 😉

Ethan Robson?

Edited by Dondeh

If Livi lose on Saturday there's still an outside chance they could end up in the play-offs. I think Hibs went down from a similar position.

Just checked and five years ago this weekend Hibs won to move on to 31 points (9 points ahead of the play-offs). They then picked up 4 points from their remaining 13 games to drop into the play-offs.

Livi are currently on 31 points with 13 games to play so identical to Hibs (although they have a healthy 16 point gap to the play-offs). Lose to Dundee though and they'll have something to think about.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Cobra said:

If Livi lose on Saturday there's still an outside chance they could end up in the play-offs. I think Hibs went down from a similar position.

Just checked and five years ago this weekend Hibs won to move on to 31 points (9 points ahead of the play-offs). They then picked up 4 points from their remaining 13 games to drop into the play-offs.

Livi are currently on 31 points with 13 games to play so identical to Hibs (although they have a healthy 16 point gap to the play-offs). Lose to Dundee though and they'll have something to think about.

I think the way the bottom three teams have been cut adrift this season, it'd be a surprise to see 11th place on much more then 31 points. It's possible but the bottom 3 were all on at least 21 points in the Hibs disaster season. It could happen again and ourselves and Hamilton do look more capable than we have been but 18 points from us and 15 points from Hamilton would be some ask I think, especially when you consider that they could sort it out with a win from somewhere which they are really capable of.

For me, I think we''ve still got a very tough route to 10th (but hopefully have enough in us to keep ourselves above St Mirren). If we do head into the play-offs, I think it's really important that we finish the season strongly with some form. I know Thistle got a couple of wins last year but they were really dire and we'd basically turned off for the summer when they come to play us at Dens. A bit of a fight to the end and I've got some small level of confidence that we can do something. It's tough to get out the habit of losing and that Hibs team that went down were certainly no diddies on paper.

Id be amazed if it wasnt same 11 who started against Killie...

only player who might be under threat is Hadienus, just cause he played yesterday.

Edited by Mr Sensible
  • Like 2

36 minutes ago, Harry94 said:

I think the way the bottom three teams have been cut adrift this season, it'd be a surprise to see 11th place on much more then 31 points. It's possible but the bottom 3 were all on at least 21 points in the Hibs disaster season. It could happen again and ourselves and Hamilton do look more capable than we have been but 18 points from us and 15 points from Hamilton would be some ask I think, especially when you consider that they could sort it out with a win from somewhere which they are really capable of.

For me, I think we''ve still got a very tough route to 10th (but hopefully have enough in us to keep ourselves above St Mirren). If we do head into the play-offs, I think it's really important that we finish the season strongly with some form. I know Thistle got a couple of wins last year but they were really dire and we'd basically turned off for the summer when they come to play us at Dens. A bit of a fight to the end and I've got some small level of confidence that we can do something. It's tough to get out the habit of losing and that Hibs team that went down were certainly no diddies on paper.

Yeah Livi have probably done enough already. I just think that with two goals and no wins from their last eight games they're maybe starting to get found out a bit. An injury to a key defender and I could see them losing 7 or 8 on the bounce.

I really don't want to see us face Championship opposition again after three defeats out of three in the cups. I think you're right about us needing to find a bit of form going into a play-off. If we're in poor shape psychologically we could be beaten before a ball is kicked.

20 minutes ago, Cobra said:

Yeah Livi have probably done enough already. I just think that with two goals and no wins from their last eight games they're maybe starting to get found out a bit. An injury to a key defender and I could see them losing 7 or 8 on the bounce.

I really don't want to see us face Championship opposition again after three defeats out of three in the cups. I think you're right about us needing to find a bit of form going into a play-off. If we're in poor shape psychologically we could be beaten before a ball is kicked.

Cobra

I see your point, however it is a wholly different team from the shambles that lost to Ayr & QoS, if we played them now, I think we would still see difficult games but would see us edge them.

The team we have now it a totally different mindset.

4 hours ago, Cobra said:

They have their plastic pitch which makes them safe. 

6 minutes ago, Cg73 said:

They have their plastic pitch which makes them safe. 

Three goals conceded in their first 10 home games after promotion was quite remarkable. That stable and ever-present defence of Kelly, Lithgow, Halkett and Declan is crucial but I'm sure the pitch helps.

Confident about us staying up now. Big advantage that other teams clueless of how we will play and who will be playing. We need to rack up points while this is the case. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Cobra said:

but I'm sure the pitch helps.

Me and my light Blue nosed friend were discussing this last week and he is a strong believer that artificial pitches shouldn't be allowed in the Scottish Premiership. He said that Rangers couldn't field a player against Kilmarnock for the fear of an injury and a couple of Rangers players came away injured due the pitch.

Does the artificial pitch give the home team an advantage, I would say that it does but I wouldn't say that is the man factor though. The ball does behave differently from grass and players have to adapted to this and I think this is were most of the injuries come from.

If you look at teams who have an artificial pitch, Killie and Livi are doing really well at home 8 and 7 wins, but Hamilton only have 3 wins. All those teams away records tell a different story though, Killie have drawn most of their games away, Livi have only won once on the road and Hamilton are as bad away from home as they're at home. You wonder if it would have been a different story if these teams played on grass at home, not so sure their home records would be so good?

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Cg73 said:

Confident about us staying up now. Big advantage that other teams clueless of how we will play and who will be playing. We need to rack up points while this is the case. 

I feel that we dropped points against Kilmarnock and Hamilton. We really need to start picking up wins rather than dropping points (Which I felt we did against Killie and Hamilton) if we are to stay up. It is worrying that Hamilton seem to have had a lift from the new manager, I wonder how long that will keep up for though?

I will bite your hand off for 10th spot though.

A9bcbad9841e511f4c3b6b0a70cbd993