Reporting Content. Read more... ×
The Dark Blues
TheDarkBlues

Livingston V Dundee

Rate this topic

Livingston v Dundee  

43 members have voted

1. 1. Who are you expecting when the Dee visit Livi?

2. 2. Who should be in the starting XI?

Our next game is away to Livingston on the 16th Feb at the 'Tony Macaroni' (Still the best name ever for a football stadium).

Livingston are currently on a 5 game win-less streak after yesterday draw against Hearts (Who have been on a downward spiral for the last few months) on Wednesday. Their last win was back last December when they beat Hearts 5 - 0, but they have struggled to find the form which had them in the top half of the Premier league during the first half of the season.

This will be a hard match, hopefully we can match our first half performance against Kilmarnock and work on the players fitness levels during the next week or so (as we have no game this weekend) and take the battle straight to Livingston.

I would take a draw, but in all honesty with Hamilton winning during the week we need to starting picking up a lot more points.

• Like 1

We need to start picking up three points, and to do so we need to replicate the first 45 minutes v Killie for the full 90. Do that and who knows - it may depend on what Livvy team turns up.

This is the game that might prove to be the real test for DFC ... Manager Player Fans.

Are Livi beatable? Based on the way the Dundee Players came flying out of the blocks on Wed, any team in the lower six is beatable.

It is far to early to talk really about a "consistent run" but the players after Killie game have got to hold on to the belief in themselves.

Full credit to ALL players for those first 45 mins But I'd also give them full credit for the fight & dogged determination they showed in

the second half, when they were visibly exhausted, but put their bodies on the line in an effort to keep Killie at bay. We nearly stole it !!

(Kenny Miller of course should be partially hung, cut doon drawn & quartered. His heid dragged on a rope & hung up on crossbar)

Other than that ... Every thing is just fine :wub:

Mon the Dee Livi's good, You're Better:chaplin:

• Funny 1

Team poll doesn't work?

Only allowed to pick one player. 

Edited by Dondeh
  • Funny 1

I thought it would be more of a fair fight it we only fielded one player against Livi 🤣

Fixed that :)

• Like 1

We need to up our game in the 2nd half by orders of magnitude compared to the last 2 games.

The 2nd half stats against Hamilton and Killie make for worrying reading.

screenshot (14).jpg

screenshot (15).jpg

Mary I noticed you gave me a like for my post above Thank you.

But the real reason for this post, is to wish you well. I've not seen

any recent posts from you (I may have missed them) But I hope

you are keeping fine & behaving yirsel. No easy as ye get auld :bouncy:

2 hours ago, Dondeh said:

Team poll doesn't work?

Only allowed to pick one player. 

Surely the admiral is all we need dondeh?!😉

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Dondeh said:

We need to up our game in the 2nd half by orders of magnitude compared to the last 2 games.

screenshot (14).jpg

screenshot (15).jpg

Luckily games these days are played over 90 minutes then 

• Funny 1
  • Star Post 1

The Killie game showed us, at last we had players with some skill & determination to work with. No surpringly after their efforts in the first half, they looked drained ... But in defending (as a team) tired as they were, they defended gallantly & never lost their focus. With a "no-game-break" this weekend, this has gave JM & his players a longer opportunity to bring the team up to top fitness for the Livi Game. We awe know things dinnae aye go to plan ... But if the DFC [players can stretch oot the first 45 mins to the full 90 mins, Livingston players will no' ken whit's hit them.

(I am no totally confident) BUT I'M FEELING GOOD ABOOT THIS GAME...MON THE MIGHTY DEE :wub:

PUT IN THE HARD WORK & PREPARATION, THIS WEEK ... LET'S GET THESE WINNING POINTS:chaplin:

10 hours ago, Dblair said:

Luckily games these days are played over 90 minutes then 

Exactly.

We need to play for 90 mins, not 45. 

And get some points more than 0 and 1 

Edited by Dondeh

On 08/02/2019 at 19:13, Dondeh said:

screenshot (14).jpg

screenshot (15).jpg

I all honesty, I think our second half was largely down to fitness and the subs from JM. I hope that we are working on the first with this free week and we are doing a lot more fitness traing trying to get a lot of these players match fit. I also hope that JM as taken note how bad his subs were and doesn't play O'Dea in midfield again when there are other options open to him.

• Like 2
  • Star Post 1

10 hours ago, TheDarkBlues said:

I all honesty, I think our second half was largely down to fitness and the subs from JM. I hope that we are working on the first with this free week and we are doing a lot more fitness traing trying to get a lot of these players match fit. I also hope that JM as taken note how bad his subs were and doesn't play O'Dea in midfield again when there are other options open to him.

I'm aware in this post I may be more or less repeating what I said a few posts back ... But why no?

Since the arrival of JM & recent signings there is a new energy & enthusiasm about the team (& fans) And although it is still early days & we still have our biggest hurdle to surmount (the safety & certainty of 10th place & to remove the question of relegation) I am crediting totally, JM for bring back a more realistic, direct, common sense, hard working, more focused, energetic approach, whereby each player is playing in a position & system he knows & is experienced in.

In my opinion, although I know I may be "over-cooking" the progress we have made (eh ken we are still stuck in the danger zone) I really believe we are getting there. And there is much better to come ... As the individual players continue to gel & work tirelessly for each other as a team.

The game against Live will prove to be a big test ... I'd feel more confident if it was not being played on the artificial surface. But I am not gonna make that the excuse, if we get beat. I don't think the players (or fans) lack self- belief (This new-found energy & enthusiasm is positive & thankfully infectious) :bouncy:

I totally agree John, with everything you have said in your post above.

I'm expecting Jim & his players this week to add the finishing touches.

Even at this time I think they are there...So it's about 90 minute fitness.

If Jim has his Players, Primed & Ready & with DFC Fans behind them :wub:

WE CAN DO IT LET'S GET THESE POINTS DFC THE CITY'S FINEST:chaplin:

• Like 1

On 08/02/2019 at 19:13, Dondeh said:

screenshot (14).jpg

screenshot (15).jpg

These stats don't tell the real story. We would've won the 2nd half and the match, 1-0 at Accies if it hadn't been for a mistake at the back in injury time. We had a penalty, with the last kick of the ball, to draw the 2nd half v Killie and to win the game 3-2. Very, very fine margins between drawing and winning two really tough games.

Once again you'll highlight any negatives you can dredge up though.🙄

• Star Post 2

15 hours ago, TheDarkBlues said:

The second-half was all about Killie giving us the run around. We lacked the creativity of a Mulumbu and when you can't get hold of the ball or keep possession for any length of time it tires you out very quickly. We were shown up to be a very ordinary side, especially our midfield in the second-half. Mulumbu led us on a merry dance and our so called ball winners could not lay a glove on him.

11 minutes ago, Iain T Campbell said:

The second-half was all about Killie giving us the run around. We lacked the creativity of a Mulumbu and when you can't get hold of the ball or keep possession for any length of time it tires you out very quickly. We were shown up to be a very ordinary side, especially our midfield in the second-half. Mulumbu led us on a merry dance and our so called ball winners could not lay a glove on him.

Oh for Elton and Mendy or maybe Moussa

They would have sorted Killie out 🤔

• Funny 2

31 minutes ago, Iain T Campbell said:

You seem to be delighting in our failure (in your view) to deal with Killie....

Bit strange but not entirely unexpected.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Iain T Campbell said:

Disagree. Killie stopped trying to press the game in our half and gave us time to revert to passing across the back. We took off our attacking threat and went 1 up top. No out ball for us and we just moved deeper to defend. 

20 hours ago, TheDarkBlues said:

Hope so. But I don't think that JM can play that way every game.

Not least, given only 1 week of 'training'. A whole pre season, maybe.  

PS: Liverpool ran out of steam previously trying to do the same.

Edited by Dondeh

4 hours ago, Iain T Campbell said:

Killie also made it look effortless as they always had free men to pass to. I heard somewhere that JM has changed the gym regime at Dens so maybe this will get us up to a 90 min team. In saying that we did ok v Hearts.

5 hours ago, Iain T Campbell said:

The second half was just as much down to the way we changed play with our subs and players tiring which allowed Kilmarnock back into and dominating the game.

We took off a midfielder who was winning balls in the midfield and replaced him with a guy who runs around on the spot and doesn't win balls for us. To compound that further, JM sticks a defender in a defensive midfield role who is as fast as a turtle, and has the profound football skills of a fat one legged 90 year old needing his cataracts replaced (Sorry Darren). 

You also have to take into consideration we took off our two forwards, who not only harassed the oppositions defence but came back deep to pick up the ball which helped take off pressure of our midfield. In my opinion it was the substitutions and tiring legs which made the likes of Mulumbu look good. The difference between us was that Clarke got his subs right and JM didn't.

19 minutes ago, TheDarkBlues said:

The second half was just as much down to the way we changed play with our subs and players tiring which allowed St Johnstone back into and dominating the game.

We took off a midfielder who was winning balls in the midfield and replaced him with a guy who runs around on the spot and doesn't win balls for us. To compound that further, JM sticks a defender in a defensive midfield role who is as fast as a turtle, and has the profound football skills of a fat one legged 90 year old needing his cataracts replaced (Sorry Darren). 

You also have to take into consideration we took off our two forwards, who not only harassed the oppositions defence but came back deep to pick up the ball which helped take off pressure of our midfield. In my opinion it was the substitutions and tiring legs which made the likes of Mulumbu look good. The difference between us was that Clarke got his subs right and JM didn't.

All fair points so no wonder St. Johnstone managed to hang on for a draw. ;)

• Funny 1

Our more direct style and hard working forwards make it more likely we'll make a fast start instead of the plodding style previously. This was a real problem under nm. 

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Chomp my root said:

All fair points so no wonder St. Johnstone managed to hang on for a draw. ;)

*Phuck* 🤣